Windows 10: Itunes will not install on Win 10

Discus and support Itunes will not install on Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Clean install of Win 10 last year. I am trying to install ITunes on it and will not install. Error 1619, I believe this is # for the error since no #... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sstdiana, Jul 12, 2017.

1. sstdiana Win User

Itunes will not install on Win 10

Clean install of Win 10 last year. I am trying to install ITunes on it and will not install. Error 1619, I believe this is # for the error since no # appear and I found on MS website, which states

ERROR_INSTALL_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED1619 (0x653)This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

I have tried every fix known to ITunes and MS! From registry fixes to deleting all 'Apple' products (are none since I have never used any before on this pc. Using different browsers to download install has not worked, either. Tried to download an installer from MS and that would not install,(it was an msi file- can't get any msi to install at anytime). Purchased new IPad and want to use it with my PC. How do I make this happen. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

:)

sstdiana, Jul 12, 2017

2. Itunes Will Not Install on Windows 10

It still does not work

NathanRzeszewski, Jul 12, 2017
  3. ChuckB777 Win User
    itunes will not install on windows 10

Thanks DJ_JazziQ. Your solution worked for me. I had exactly the same errors that AnglesRock33 posted on Oct 10/15 above and following your directions allowed a normal full install.

ChuckB777, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Itunes will not install on Win 10

Looks like you might have to do the clean install of Win 10 again.

iMuneeshKumar, Jul 12, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Try downloading iTunes from Apple's site again in case you have a corrupt installation file

Steve C, Jul 13, 2017
  6. ericnixmd Win User
    Install iCloud first and then install iTunes. It took 2-3 tries, but I finally got it to install.

ericnixmd, Jul 16, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    You can open the ITunes installation file with something like 7-Zip, extract each installer then try installing each of the modules separately.

Steve C, Jul 16, 2017
  8. sstdiana Win User

Steve C - I have several different downloads from different browsers and different sites and none will open. Also tried to unzip and install individually, no go.

ericnixmd - I tried your way with the icloud install first and as with my other tries, no go. I also unzipped and tried to install individually, no go. First I have seen for this type of fix... Thanks

My question at this point is to follow up on what iMuneesKumar suggestion about a new clean install. I had a new install of Windows 10 and couldn't download msi files then either. Had to replace hard drive in pc then loaded everything back up with a clean install of Windows 10. Which way would be better; refresh Windows 10 or complete clean install? And if I need to have a clean install where to get it from? I followed the tutorial and links from here to do a clean install so wouldn't I be using the same download that hasn't worked?

Thanks for the help!!!! *Smile

sstdiana, Jul 23, 2017
  9. ericnixmd Win User
    Supposedly iTunes will be offered in the MS store soon. I would wait for that option rather than reinstalling Windows.

ericnixmd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Itunes will not install on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Itunes install

2. i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD: Hello.iTunes being a bundleware it is not moving from SDD to HDD showing error 0x80073d21. Additionally I am not getting any option to install it directly from the Apple site on my HDD. please help as i am not able to sync my phone on iTunesAlso, I have to opt for this option...
  3. i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD: Hello.iTunes being a bundleware it is not moving from SDD to HDD showing error 0x80073d21. Additionally I am not getting any option to install it directly from the Apple site on my HDD. please help as i am not able to sync my phone on iTunesAlso, I have to opt for this option...
  4. iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install: I have a strange issue with iTunes and am hoping there's a solution. I just purchased a new computer, a Dell XPS 8960, with plenty of RAM, etc. I have been running iTunes on Windows 11 Pro for a few years now and never had a problem on any of my PCs. I have been installing...
  5. iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install

iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install: I have a strange issue with iTunes and am hoping there's a solution. I just purchased a new computer, a Dell XPS 8960, with plenty of RAM, etc. I have been running iTunes on Windows 11 Pro for a few years now and never had a problem on any of my PCs. I have been installing...
  6. From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?: Hello,I did a factory restore on my computer, which has Windows 11. Usually, I download itunes directly from the itunes website, but today I was fiddling around with some new -- new to me -- Windows apps and contained within one of them was an itunes app, which I downloaded....
  7. From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?

From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?: Hello,I did a factory restore on my computer, which has Windows 11. Usually, I download itunes directly from the itunes website, but today I was fiddling around with some new -- new to me -- Windows apps and contained within one of them was an itunes app, which I downloaded....
  8. iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that: I have a brand new version of windows 10 installed along with all updates. I downloaded iTunes via the app store. The app will launch and I signed into my apple account. However, iTunes does not show up on my start menu nor is there a desktop shortcut. The only way I can...
  9. iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that

iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that: I have a brand new version of windows 10 installed along with all updates. I downloaded iTunes via the app store. The app will launch and I signed into my apple account. However, iTunes does not show up on my start menu nor is there a desktop shortcut. The only way I can...
  10. iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store