Windows 10: iTunes won't connect to internet with W10

Discus and support iTunes won't connect to internet with W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New Dell laptop and everything else works. Have deleted and re-downloaded iTunes 2x. Made sure it's enable in Windows firwall. Even turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hmcginnity, Sep 5, 2015.

1. iTunes won't connect to internet with W10

New Dell laptop and everything else works. Have deleted and re-downloaded iTunes 2x. Made sure it's enable in Windows firwall. Even turned off firewall. Deleted McAffee totally. No proxy server is checked. I've googled all day and it seems others are having this problem but I can't find a solution. I'm convinced it's some setting somewhere but I've tried/googled everything. The iTunes diagnostic says iTunes is NOT enabled in firewall, but it is. It will say it's not enabled even if I turn off the firewall off.

Microsoft Windows 8 x64 Home Premium Edition (Build 9200)
    Dell Inc. Inspiron 5558
    iTunes 12.2.2.25
    QuickTime not available
    FairPlay 2.8.30
    Apple Application Support 3.2
    iPod Updater Library 12.0
    Apple Mobile Device 8.2.1.3
    Apple Mobile Device Driver not found.
    Gracenote SDK 3.06.1.3084
    Gracenote MusicID 3.06.1.3084
    Gracenote Submit 3.06.1.3084
    Gracenote DSP 3.06.1.3084
    iTunes Serial Number 0000006DF6D1E8BC
    Current user is not an administrator.
    The current local date and time is 2015-09-05 16:07:23.
    iTunes is not running in safe mode.
    WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled.
    HDCP is supported.
    Core Media is supported.

**** External Plug-ins Information ****
    No external plug-ins installed.
    **** Network Connectivity Tests ****
    Network Adapter Information
    Adapter Name: {C5705345-589A-4BB7-A48D-216949D573C2}
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
    IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
    Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
    DHCP Enabled: Yes
    DHCP Server:
    Lease Obtained: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969
    Lease Expires: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969
    DNS Servers:
    Adapter Name: {108AA317-E33A-483E-9F64-24414B79997C}
    Description: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
    DHCP Server:
    DNS Servers:
    Adapter Name: {D971E247-EAEE-4BE5-BED6-4A01F90591D6}
    Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    IP Address: 192.168.1.169
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP Server: 192.168.1.1
    Lease Obtained: Sat Sep 05 14:02:38 2015
    DNS Servers: 192.168.1.1
    Adapter Name: {005DBDBE-ABE5-465F-AFC4-11B1B16FDA3B}
    Description: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    DHCP Server:
    DNS Servers:
    Active Connection: LAN Connection
    Connected: Yes
    Online: Yes
    Using Modem: No
    Using LAN: Yes
    Using Proxy: No
    Firewall Information
    Windows Firewall is on.
    iTunes is NOT enabled in Windows Firewall.
    Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful.
    The network connection could not be established.
    Basic connection to the store failed.
    Connection attempt to Gracenote server was successful.
    iTunes has never successfully accessed the iTunes Store.

**** CD/DVD Drive Tests ****
    No drivers in LowerFilters.
    No drivers in UpperFilters.
    D: PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5LH, Rev DD11
    Drive is empty.

**** Device Connectivity Tests ****
    iPodService 12.2.2.25 (x64) is currently running.
    iTunesHelper 12.2.2.25 is currently running.
    Apple Mobile Device Service service 3.3.0.0 is currently not running.
    No Universal Serial Bus Controller found.
    No FireWire (IEEE 1394) Host Controller found.
    **** Device Sync Tests ****
    No iPod, iPhone, or iPad found.

:)

hmcginnity, Sep 5, 2015

2. MIcrosoft needs to fix that Itunes does not recognize my iphone since I downloaded Windows 10.

Microsoft needs to do an update and a fix because Windows 10 does not recognize my iphone with w10 on itunes. And on 2 different laptops. Why would they make a product (W10) that won't work with an iphone on itunes?

Dominick and BonnySalmeri, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 won't make a wireless connection; reports itself "offline"

Original Title: Internet connection

Successful install of W10 on a laptop. Wireless internet connection. Accessed the store, downloaded an app. Two days later, 10 won't make a wireless connection; reports itself "off line". No error messages, The network center in control panel shows
    the available network and displays "not connected". I click "connect", but it fails. Two other W10 machines are on this same (in home) wireless network and they connect just fine. How to trouble shoot?

LarryMcMaster, Sep 5, 2015
  4. SoFine409 Win User

iTunes won't connect to internet with W10

Just a thought but have you uninstalled iTunes and all other Supporting Apple software and then reinstalled? Be sure to do the uninstalled in the order the Apples specifies.

SoFine409, Sep 5, 2015
  5. What do you mean by uninstalling in the order Apple specifies? I did uninstall/reinstall a few times, going into Control Panel and unistalling all the Apple programs. How do you know a specific order? Googled it and not findning any instructions anywhere. I appreciate the comments.

hmcginnity, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
  7. This is Monica from AppleCare. I wanted to let you know that I did some more research because I understand the importance of what is going on for you and I wanted to help you. It looks like all we need to do right now is wait. Itunes just needs to be updated and most likely there will be an update available on wednesday that may take care of the problem. If after Wednesday you run into any more problems please call us back and we will do some troubleshooting with you to help you fix it. I am really sorry that your day has been rough and I hope we can take care of this problem for you. Thank you for calling, if you have any quesitons or need anything else dont hesitate to call us at 1-800-My-Apple.

hmcginnity, Sep 6, 2015
  8. iTunes won't connect to internet with W10

I downloaded iTunes tonight and it seems to be working so far

hmcginnity, Sep 11, 2015
  9. OUFC86 Win User
    Can you tell me what version of itunes you got? I have the exact same problem, but with the latest itunes it still doesn't work (The Apple website gave me version 12.3.0.44). Thanks.

OUFC86, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

iTunes won't connect to internet with W10

1. iTunes won't connect to internet with W10 - Similar Threads - iTunes won't connect

2. PC won't connect to internet but it is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC won't connect to internet but it is?: My PC is connected through Ethernet but when I go the network status it say no internet connected. I watched a lot of videos on youtube and non of those helped my situation, I ended up buying a new motherboard and CPU not for this reason but come to find out that this didn't...
  3. W10 shows connected, No internet.

W10 shows connected, No internet.: My W10 shows connected, No internet and is not working even i tried with the LAN cable but it does not work with any wifi or hotspots. Please Help. Ps - I've tried resetting network adapter and also tried installing new drivers nothng works....
  4. Asus won't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus won't connect to internet: My Asus, of a few years old, is having connecting to the internet. When I want to login on Windows 10 the wifi sign doesn't show, only the world sign that I don't have network. I can login on Windows 10 but no network is showing. I tried a lot: - checked if its network -...
  5. Xbox won't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox won't connect to the internet: My Xbox won't let me connect to Xbox Live. I've signed into my account, but can't get into Xbox Live or anything else that would require an internet connection. I'm getting the error code 0x800704cf. I've already tried restarting my modem and my Xbox, none of which helped....
  6. iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory: Really could use some help here. I have been running iTunes for Windows for years now. Never had a problem with an iTunes update. Just before I upgraded from W7 to W10 (12/9), I upgraded iTunes from 12.10.0.7 to 12.10.2.3. Instead of maintaining my iTunes Media directory...
  7. itunes connection

itunes connection: when I connect my apple ipod to my windows 10 PC iTunes does not recognize it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-connection/9f0262a8-70fd-4221-8eea-59156f3a3716
  8. Itunes won't reinstall

Itunes won't reinstall: I was having issues with Itunes and was advised to uninstall it (which I did) Now I want to install it again, Microsoft store is telling me that I 'own' it, but won't give me the option to 'insiall' it (that option is greyed out) Even when I go into my library, the only...
  9. itunes won't connect to internet after windows 10 upgrade

itunes won't connect to internet after windows 10 upgrade: iTunes won't connect or let me log in since upgrading to windows 10. i've tried reinstalling itunes and have checked to make sure the firewall is allowing itunes through. any ideas? 26398
  10. Won't connect to internet

Won't connect to internet: Windows Insider 17063 won't connect to Internet. It is a wired connect and it says Internet access on the little screen icon. Tried Edge, Firefox, Waterfox and Chrome. Just get spinning circles. My wife's Win 10 connects and I have my computer also set up on a separate SSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes wont connect to internet