Windows 10: I've had my play

Discus and support I've had my play in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've had Windows 10 on my main desktop for a couple of weeks now. I like what I've seen so far and feel Microsoft are going in the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Nov 24, 2014.

1. swarfega Win User

I've had my play

So I've had Windows 10 on my main desktop for a couple of weeks now.

I like what I've seen so far and feel Microsoft are going in the right direction. However because this isn't even a consumer preview yet and I can't use programs like Windows Media Center, I have decided to go back to either 7 or 8.1 until the consumer preview is released.

I am looking forward to seeing what's coming but I feel TP isn't ready for my desktop.

So the question is, 7 or 8.1? I've used both but I'm interested in your opinions.

:)

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014

2. I've had it with Windows 10

Unlike some of the commentators on this list, I had no problem moving back to Windows 7. It just took a long time .... close to an hour what with printing out the instructions (so I wouldn't have to memorize them), writing about my problems with Windows
    10 (which got erased before I was finished writing), and just waiting for the changes to take place. Oh, after the change back to Windows 7 was finished, I immediately went to see if Outlook 2013 had again shown up as my default mail program (instead of Outlook
    2010, which is what Windows 10 had me using. It had been! But soon after I had exulted I got a message from Microsoft warning me that it appeared I was using an unlicensed copy of Outlook 2013. I checked my records and saw that I had purchased my copy directly
    from Microsoft on April 16, 2014. So I had to straighten out that little glitch. (That glitch might explain why Windows 10 had pushed me back into Outlook 2010 instead of letting me continue using my authorized copy of Outlook 2013.)

Probably the thing I disliked most about Windows 10 -- during the two days I was trying to use it -- was that it wanted me to agree to letting Microsoft know everything about me and about my contacts. I didn't agree to that and was then "punished" by not
    being permitted to have my Gmail account listed along with whatever it was that Microsoft was peddling. Final comment on Windows 10: Great advertising. Terrible product.

oldsalt04101, Nov 24, 2014
  3. T-David Win User
    I've had it with Windows 10

See the link . .microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/how-to-recover-restore-your-previous-version-of/94368560-9c64-4387-92b9-82a9234216ad

T-David, Nov 24, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I've had my play

I would go for 8.1. Works great and add classic shell and you have the start menu you have in Win7.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 24, 2014
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    I use 7 as the host system and run 8.1 and 10 in a virtual partition with VMware Player from an external SSD. That's very practical because I can run it on all my PCs and need only update one set of systems. I also need only 1 product key for 8.1 because VMware is the host. On the same SSD I also have a few virtual Linux systems. I attach the SSD via USB3 or eSata. It's lightning fast.

6. swarfega Win User
    I've used virtualbox in the past but theres nothing like having it installed on your actual hardware.

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014
  7. swarfega Win User
    Should I install 7 drivers then update to 8 or wait and install 8.1 drivers?

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

I've had my play

Depends what you do with it. For occasional testing, virtual is a lot more convenient. And I would never install a pre-version on any of my systems. There is enough trouble without an instable system.

9. BillyBob Win User
    I would use Windows 8.1, it's more secure and file transfers are faster, everything is just basically faster. Also if you're using it for WMC as an entertainment centre, forget Windows 7, it's like something from the Dark ages.

BillyBob, Nov 24, 2014
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    I prefer my PC to stay computer - not juke box.

11. usasma Win User
    8.1 and boot to Desktop.
    I still haven't gotten used to the Metro stuff *Sad

usasma, Nov 24, 2014
  12. swarfega Win User
    I'm finally back on 8.1 after installing about 200 updates! Now to visit ninite and grab my software!

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014
  13. LittleJay Win User

I've had my play

Good choice! I have both W7 and W8.1 on separate SSDs, but run W8.1 for every day usage.

LittleJay, Nov 24, 2014
  14. jadinolf Win User
    I don't know guys. So far it reminds me of Windows 7.

Don't get me wrong- I really like 10.*Smile

jadinolf, Nov 25, 2014
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
    10 is fine but I do not like that start. I changed it to the 8.1 style start. There at least I can read things - especially in All Apps.

Thema:

I've had my play

1. I've had my play - Similar Threads - I've play

2. My pc keeps crashing but when i play curtain video games it stops I've tried lots of thing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing but when i play curtain video games it stops I've tried lots of thing...: When my pc is idle it will randomly crash but if I play games like rainbow 6 siege, Valorant or terraria my pc will stop crashing. idk if this is a sign but sometimes my pc will randomly go and at glitchy and so will my audio. BTW my windows is fully updated.ryzen 5...
  3. My pc keeps crashing but when i play curtain video games it stops I've tried lots of thing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc keeps crashing but when i play curtain video games it stops I've tried lots of thing...: When my pc is idle it will randomly crash but if I play games like rainbow 6 siege, Valorant or terraria my pc will stop crashing. idk if this is a sign but sometimes my pc will randomly go and at glitchy and so will my audio. BTW my windows is fully updated.ryzen 5...
  4. My pc keeps crashing but when i play curtain video games it stops I've tried lots of thing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've recently been having issues with a recurring BSOD while playing Borderlands 2 and need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've recently been having issues with a recurring BSOD while playing Borderlands 2 and need...: While playing Borderlands 2 or Smite I've been getting a somewhat consistent BSOD, the stop code has always been Whea uncorrectable error. This led me to use whocrashed to try and figure out the issue if possible. Whocrashed told me it may be some third party driver issue...
  6. I've recently been having issues with a recurring BSOD while playing Borderlands 2 and need...

I've recently been having issues with a recurring BSOD while playing Borderlands 2 and need...: While playing Borderlands 2 or Smite I've been getting a somewhat consistent BSOD, the stop code has always been Whea uncorrectable error. This led me to use whocrashed to try and figure out the issue if possible. Whocrashed told me it may be some third party driver issue...
  7. I've recently been having issues with a recurring BSOD while playing Borderlands 2 and need...

8. Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...: once I reset my pc once it was fine for a couple of months but that is not a permanent solution ofcourse. when I restart my laptop or shutdown and wait for like half an hour it's still really slow. the temperatures don't feel any worse then normal. I specs are: an i7-1165G7...
  9. Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...

Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...: once I reset my pc once it was fine for a couple of months but that is not a permanent solution ofcourse. when I restart my laptop or shutdown and wait for like half an hour it's still really slow. the temperatures don't feel any worse then normal. I specs are: an i7-1165G7...
  10. I've got an issues of having Reboot everytime whenever I play games, when it comes high...

I've got an issues of having Reboot everytime whenever I play games, when it comes high...: This is What I get from Windows/Logsxmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="volmgr" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...