Windows 10: I've lost my memory

Discus and support I've lost my memory in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well not literally but since upgrading a Dell 755 to w10 (32 bit) I not only have 2.99 available memory out of the 4gb installed. Under W7 I had over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joddle, May 16, 2016.

1. joddle Win User

I've lost my memory

Well not literally but since upgrading a Dell 755 to w10 (32 bit) I not only have 2.99 available memory out of the 4gb installed. Under W7 I had over 3.5 gig" so what has stolen my memory? Another identical machine running W10 but 64bit has 8 gig installed of which 7.86 is usable! which seem more like what it hould be!

:)

joddle, May 16, 2016

2. How to restore lost memory when defragmentation is done for hard disk.

I've lost morethan 20GB memory when I defragmented LocalDiskI've lost my memory :D . Please help me to restore the lost memory.

SivaKumarVarrey, May 16, 2016
  3. Nokia N82: Default content..

I've lost default content of my memory card.. :mansad:

Where I can find all default soft?

Please help..

k1r5t3n---01, May 16, 2016
  4. I've lost my memory

I think the OP is referring to memory and not disk space.

What you are seeing is normal. That "missing" memory is reserved for hardware usage, and won't be available to the system for application use. If you want to be able to take full advantage of your 4 GB of memory, you're going to need to install a 64-bit version of Windows.

DeaconFrost, May 16, 2016
  5. joddle Win User
    Yes that's what I thought BUT - in the past I have had over 3.5 gig available from my 4 gig of installed RAM now on W10 I only have 2.9 - the hardware has not changed - only the OS!

joddle, May 16, 2016
  6. Different drivers could account for that. Was the BIOS updated, by any chance?

DeaconFrost, May 16, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Have you ran dxdiag [hold down the Windows key and press R, type dxdiag then Enter] to check what is being allocated to video? Onboard video adapters always use some of the physical RAM.

Berton, May 16, 2016
  8. joddle Win User

I've lost my memory

Well there's some black magic going on here - I ran the command as indicated and its showed 250mg used by the display - exactly what I thought - but when I returned to look at "system" the memory is now showing 3.24 free - the same as the other identical machine - cured!!!! - but no idea why!

joddle, May 16, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you have hardware capable of running 64-bit, you will have more usable memory with 64-bit Windows. The only computers at my house on 32-bit Windows 10 are the tablets and stick computer with only 2 GB of RAM.

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2016
  10. joddle Win User
    I think I have got to the bottom of this - its when there is more than 4gb installed memory the "available memory" goes down to 2.99. When only the 4gb is installed (i.e. the stated max under 32 bit - then the available memory returns to 3.24!

joddle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I've lost my memory

1. I've lost my memory - Similar Threads - I've lost memory

2. I've lost my screenshot icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've lost my screenshot icons: Here's a screenshot of my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-screenshot-icons/680b0299-ded6-4afa-b6a5-85f835316c49
  3. I've lost my screenshot icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've lost my screenshot icons: Here's a screenshot of my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-screenshot-icons/680b0299-ded6-4afa-b6a5-85f835316c49
  4. I've lost contact suggestions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've lost contact suggestions.: Until yesterday when starting an email my Win7 used to suggest other contacts with the same first initial and you clicked on the one you want.Now no suggestions are coming up. How can I restore this feature? I would never intentionally turn it off.Thanks...
  5. I've lost contact suggestions.

I've lost contact suggestions.: Until yesterday when starting an email my Win7 used to suggest other contacts with the same first initial and you clicked on the one you want.Now no suggestions are coming up. How can I restore this feature? I would never intentionally turn it off.Thanks...
  6. I've lost Outlook

I've lost Outlook: I have Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 16 on my PC. I can access all the apps until yesterday when Outlook totally disappeared. I can see in 'processes' it is 'suspended'. The other user on PC still has Outlook so what have I done? It's like I've deleted it...
  7. I've lost 99 % of all my photos

I've lost 99 % of all my photos: help.. I've lost 99 % of all my photos..wen I opened windows photo app this morning a few pics left but most are just empty boxes with a cloud icon ..cant find a a way to recover them .. any ideas plz..also I have the old picasa 3 installed and all my pics have gone from...
  8. I've lost most of my external drives.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've lost most of my external drives.: I have 8 external drives and all but 6 of them are usable. I did find a virus just prior to one of my drives becoming corrupt and every day for the last week I've lost the rest of the drives. This virus find was also the same day as windows 10 updated, just a coincidence?...
  9. I've lost my ram!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've lost my ram!: When I open the performance tab in task manager I see Hardware Reserved: 137mb. Can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-my-ram/45d9553e-b257-427d-9fe9-2b4c4f0d74f7
  10. Regaining lost memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regaining lost memory: I keep getting error messages that say I'm low on memory and to save files, close and restart all programs. I've done this several times, but I continue to get this e.m. How can I reclaim enough memory to stop receiving the error msg. and what's the best practices to prevent...