Windows 10: Ive seen this tweak for gaming and for debug but whats it really do?

Discus and support Ive seen this tweak for gaming and for debug but whats it really do? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\some.exe\UseLargePages uselargepages would that be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Nov 30, 2016.

1. smirk24 Win User

Ive seen this tweak for gaming and for debug but whats it really do?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\some.exe\UseLargePages

uselargepages would that be virtual memory paging or more to do with ram?

:)

smirk24, Nov 30, 2016

2. Nokia Contacts Bar Avatars

ive seen that but not what the user is really looking for.

techbuzzireland, Nov 30, 2016
  3. update using data plan

Wondered if you can help? Iv got a Lumia 640 and love it, but Iv got problem. My phone is telling my there is an update available. Iv got an unlimited data plan due to having lack of WiFi. I click on download now to update and its doing nothing. It also
    does it with big games. Is there anything I need to switch on because its really frustrating. I also think windows it the best phone out there... But it needs some little tweaks hear and there. Keep up the good work, listen to wot people want and I'm sure
    it will be number 1 in the market, iv already been telling my friends about it. I do think it needs more apps game ect but I'm hoping you guys are on it.

[Moved from Windows]

craighodson, Nov 30, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

The "Image File Execution Options" key is provided to developers for debugging purposes. Apparently is tells the OS to use large pages for the application image if this is possible. The virtual address space of an application is divided into pages, usually 4096 bytes. Larger sizes are available for special purposes. Large pages have advantages and disadvantages. This is complex and you won't understand it by reading a few forum posts. I know little about it.

Be aware that the website you found this on may have it wrong.

My advice would be to leave such settings alone unless you really understand what you are doing. As I mentioned before this is designed for developer use.

This is the only reference I could find:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Don't ask me to explain it.

LMiller7, Nov 30, 2016
  5. smirk24 Win User
    Oh okay that makes since. I have one more question though when using the debug would you use it like [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\WildStar\Client64\WildStar64.exe]
    "UseLargePages"=dword:00000001

Or

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File] Execution Options\WildStar64
    "UseLargePages"=dword:00000001

smirk24, Dec 2, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    The article I linked to answers your question.
    I don't have any other information regarding this.

LMiller7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ive seen this tweak for gaming and for debug but whats it really do? - Similar Threads - Ive tweak gaming

2. my pc is saving game files in a way ive never seen before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc is saving game files in a way ive never seen before: im having some issues with the way my pc is saving game files im pretty savy with windows and have been using it for years but ive never seen this my pc is saving files in a different way most of them are locked away behind hidden files and when i do find them i dont have any...
  3. my pc is saving game files in a way ive never seen before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is saving game files in a way ive never seen before: im having some issues with the way my pc is saving game files im pretty savy with windows and have been using it for years but ive never seen this my pc is saving files in a different way most of them are locked away behind hidden files and when i do find them i dont have any...
  4. my pc is saving game files in a way ive never seen before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What to do with this debug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do with this debug?: [1107/085720.926:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3[1113/145527.547:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3[1121/094956.674:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43]...
  6. What do these registry tweaks do and are they still valid entries?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What do these registry tweaks do and are they still valid entries?: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D] "DisableVidMemVBs"=dword:00000000 "MMX Fast Path"=dword:00000001 "FlipNoVsync"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D] "DisableVidMemVBs"=dword:00000000 "MMX Fast Path"=dword:00000001...
  7. What Does The Debug Folder Do

What Does The Debug Folder Do: So when i log into my windows 10 machine I see the debug folder and I am scared of deleting it cause it might ruin my machine if I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-debug-folder-do/9f5c43d5-fafb-42f0-851c-080ccf227026
  8. What does the debug file do?

What does the debug file do?: Can somebody tell me what a debug file does? i want to know what it does cus i kepp geting the dbug file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-debug-file-do/8ae25b41-dbed-435b-a976-4f0ce71d2457
  9. what dows this tweak mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what dows this tweak mean?: what does this tweak mean (UncleanShutdownBootTimeStamp), and does this tweak involve an uncompleted shutdown and startup, heres a screenshot*Huh 76196
  10. gaming optimization tweaks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming optimization tweaks: hi, i am starting getting into gaming on my laptop, my laptop hasnt got the best specs for gaming and would like to know if ut of there's any settings i can tweak to get the most the experience. specs are: i7 2.9ghz, 12gb ram, amd 7570m radeon hd. hp elitebook 8470p....