Windows 10: I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Brink , I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade, What are your suggestions for me , before this offer expires ? No more than I know how to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 11, 2016.

1. I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

Brink , I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade, What are your suggestions for me , before this offer expires ? No more than I know how to keep from facing issues later .

:)

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 11, 2016

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Free windows 10 upgrades?

Last year I took advantage of the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (on all of our computers that didn't have Windows 10). Since the offer ended last July, I've bought two refurbished computers that came with Windows 7. On Google I've found some
    "here's how you can still get the free Windows 10 upgrade", but I don't know if I should trust them. So it there a reliable way to still get the Windows 10 upgrade for free?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jan Philips, Jun 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

Brink, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    If you do this, don't rely on the roll back feature as it sometimes does not work.

Create a backup image of your existing Windows 8.1 install using Macrium Reflect Free to an external USB hard drive ($60US for a 1TB drive). Once you have that, then upgrade to 10. If any problems, simply restore the backup image and your up and running again.

Ztruker, Jun 12, 2016

6. Brink thanks for your reply and help. I've read all the comments on
    "Going back " this is way too complicated for me to even think I can do this.
    I'll just have to lose the FREE try .

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 12, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Georgia,

OPTION TWO is the easiest way to go back to the previous Windows if you wanted to upgrade to your free Windows 10 to lock it in. If you have any questions about it, I'll be happy to help. *Smile

Brink, Jun 12, 2016
  8. I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

Hi ....Thanks for your great suggestions, I'm too scared to try this after reading the comments on " GOING BACK "
    I'm not at all techie .

9. Thanks so much , I'll stay in touch to see if this gets easier for others taking a chance on Windows 10.
    I have just this Laptop, to use , So keeping it clean and updated for my use is important to me , as you know.
    I'll keep watching . as I really would like to get the new Windows 10.
    Thanks again.

10. Brink,... If I decide to try this, I'll come back here to let you know before I do anything.
    Thanks again *Smile

Today is our FLAG DAY

I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 13, 2016
  11. The photo item is now working great ...thanks for the assistance !!!

I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 13, 2016
  12. Hi I'm still trying to decide to do or not do this. I just saw on FB Windows 10 has issued a new version - without all the bloat ,
    Do we have that version here ? YOU know it's true if we see it on F B !

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 16, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's not an official legal build. It's a modified build from some 3rd party that I wouldn't trust installing.

Brink, Jun 16, 2016
  14. That's exactly what I was thinking as well *Smile
    I've just read through , the page you posted to start downloading Windows 10 , WOW so many issues. Has W-10 gotten any
    easier to install, with out those issues ? I have nothing attached to this laptop, that being said I do have my own programs I
    use daily ( this is set to a desktop which I use instead , I did not like the new apps , I still don't )
    What is a mirror image , or using macrum , to do something ?
    neither one do I understand nor have ever used. that I know of... I can do simple things or follow instructions .
    I hope I don't sound illiterate .

Something else. I read yesterday in " WINDOWS SECRETS " newsletter , Microsoft will force - Windows 10 on us even if we do not want it , can that be true also ?

LADYPINKtomato1, Jun 16, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    That "Forcing" of W10 will stop after July 29th when free offer to update expires. If you are so inclined, you could make a full system disk backup and try W10 upgrade on your existing computer and let it register it (get digital entitlement on MS server). If anything goes wrong or you just plain don't want to use W10 for now, you can always restore back to what you had before. Macrium Reflect free works for backup/restore just fine. Even after the deadline you can clean install/upgrade to w10 and it will be activated on that computer automatically.

CountMike, Jun 18, 2016
Thema:

1. I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - I've still used

2. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  3. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  6. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  7. Free upgrades are still free February 9

Free upgrades are still free February 9: A tale of two laptops - wife's laptop, licensed on Windows 10 Home only and spare laptop, previously licensed on both Windows 10 Home and Pro. Laptops are different manufacturers and models. Wife's laptop needed repair, so moved her hard drive to spare laptop. As expected,...
  8. Free upgrade still working using old keys

Free upgrade still working using old keys: A few days after the 29th-July free upgrade date passed, a few people on this forum (myself included) were still reporting that new clean installs of Win10 could still be done using old Win7 keys. Not talking about re-installs, but new installs with old Win7 keys that had...
  9. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024
  10. Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys: In spite of the official end of the free Windows 10 update offer on July 29, it seems any valid Windows 7/8.x retail product key still installs Windows 10 for now. Yes, Microsoft officials insisted and insisted again that after July 29 at 11:59 p.m. UTC, the free Windows...