Windows 10: I've tried all solutions to get Desktop Icons Back. NOTHING

Discus and support I've tried all solutions to get Desktop Icons Back. NOTHING in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to get the original desktop Icons to show on my laptop. I've already turned tablet mode off. I can't even get a blank desktop to come up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skylercool2001, Jun 14, 2017.

1. I've tried all solutions to get Desktop Icons Back. NOTHING

I'm trying to get the original desktop Icons to show on my laptop. I've already turned tablet mode off. I can't even get a blank desktop to come up. I'm stuck with the start menu. I've went to the desktop folder and created a new folder. I've selected what Icons I want to appear on my desktop. Nothing.

:)

Skylercool2001, Jun 14, 2017
  2. OhioNerd Win User

Desktop Icons Disappear in Windows 10

I have a periodic issue when I wake from sleep mode, all desktop icons are gone. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop recently upgraded to Windows 10. I have searched for a solution and found nothing to solve my problem. My current solution is to reboot the
    computer. This may take several tries to get the icons back.

OhioNerd, Jun 14, 2017
  3. emstjames Win User
    DESKTOP DISPLAY

The icon display on my desktop suddenly changed to the one on my networked laptop which is different. I can't get the right one to display although all of the files are there if I go to Network and my main laptop, then Desktop in File Explorer. I've tried
    several solutions to fix this and nothing helps.

emstjames, Jun 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I've tried all solutions to get Desktop Icons Back. NOTHING

Welcome to TenForums @Skylercool2001

Try right-clicking on the desktop. Is there a tick for 'View > Show desktop icons' ? If not, click on it to turn it on.

5. I can't even get to the desktop. Like the start menu windows are all I see. I've looked at everything online and nothing has worked

Try right-clicking on the desktop. Is there a tick for 'View > Show desktop icons' ? If not, click on it to turn it on.[/QUOTE]

6. Bree New Member
    The other possibility is that you have 'full screen Start menu' turned on. Go to Settings > Personalization > Start and turn off 'Use Start full screen'.

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 14, 2017
  8. I've tried all solutions to get Desktop Icons Back. NOTHING

Definitely already tried that. I researched this thing pretty well and nothing I found worked. If you have any other suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

9. Bree New Member
    Tried which? My 'full screen start' setting or NavyLCDR's 'try creating another account' suggestion?

If you have not already done so, try creating a new account and see if that behaves correctly. If so it may be your user profile that's corrupted.

10. The only other thing I can think of is to reimage the entire laptop. Which I didn't really want to do because I use it for work. But if that's the only thing that's going to fix it then I guess I have no other choice. I tried both of those. Neither one worked.

11. Bree New Member
    Do you have a Restore Point you could go back to?

12. I restored as far back as I could go. That didn't work either. I don't know what is up with this thing. Like there's other little things too. Like getting the properties to come up for the taskbar don't work. If you right click the taskbar you don't even get the properties options. Sometimes when you go to personalization to select the Start option. The Start option won't even be there. It's like it will have the format of Windows 7. Then sometimes it changes back to the Windows 10 Format.

13. Bree New Member

14. essenbe Win User
    What happens if you hold the Windows key down and press D ? It should show the desktop.

essenbe, Jun 14, 2017
  15. Nothing. I have the sfc /scannow running so We're going to see where that leads me. *Banghead

Thema:

1. I've tried all solutions to get Desktop Icons Back. NOTHING - Similar Threads - I've tried solutions

2. Constant BSODs, Nothing I've tried Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs, Nothing I've tried Works: Hello My computer has been suffering a constant slew of BSODs over the past 8 months and every method I've tried seems unable to resolve the issue.Here is some of the minidump files of recent...
  3. My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...: I don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-disappeared-literally-overnight-ive/56ab8279-d801-4935-a81c-0685da413a26
  4. My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...: I don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-disappeared-literally-overnight-ive/56ab8279-d801-4935-a81c-0685da413a26
  5. Audio is crackling/popping and cuts out all the time. I've tried almost all solutions....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio is crackling/popping and cuts out all the time. I've tried almost all solutions....: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________CONCLUSION_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Your system appears to be having trouble handling...
  6. Audio is crackling/popping and cuts out all the time. I've tried almost all solutions....

Audio is crackling/popping and cuts out all the time. I've tried almost all solutions....: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________CONCLUSION_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Your system appears to be having trouble handling...
  7. Solution to no desktop icons on Windows 10 when Desktop icon backed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to no desktop icons on Windows 10 when Desktop icon backed up: Moniker has no object error was the message when even attempting to look at “desktop” on the PC. In C: USERS\ <name>\ Desktop seems to be unable to show. I changed the name to Desktop1, the made a new folder called Desktop, then copied all of the files from the “Desktop”...
  8. Solution to no desktop icons on Windows 10 when Desktop icon backed up

Solution to no desktop icons on Windows 10 when Desktop icon backed up: Moniker has no object error was the message when even attempting to look at “desktop” on the PC. In C: USERS\ <name>\ Desktop seems to be unable to show. I changed the name to Desktop1, the made a new folder called Desktop, then copied all of the files from the “Desktop”...
  9. Solution to no desktop icons on Windows 10 when Desktop icon backed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to get my Desktop icons Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get my Desktop icons Back?: Recently, I have made a "Reset this PC keeping files" on my pc. After everything went well, my PC started up and OneDrive Automatically started syncing my Desktop with my OneDrive. Now, the problem is that the Desktop has 8GB of Data but my OneDrive is a free account so it...