Windows 10: I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade

Discus and support I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade. I run Windows 8.1, all updates are installed but for some reason it just fails. Now my machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAMWolff, Aug 6, 2015.

1. RAMWolff Win User

I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade

I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade. I run Windows 8.1, all updates are installed but for some reason it just fails. Now my machine won't boot normally if I need to "restart" it just hangs so I have to shut down and restart and it boots normally but the old restart now just hangs on me! Someone on another forum mentioned that there was an issue with allot of systems that are bought, which mine is from CyberPower Systems here in California. Here is Caths explanation to me about why it keeps failing:

Weirdly enough, upon checking out the Computer Management area I found a new 300 Mb partition had been created in front of my C partition along with a 99 Mb EFI partition... so probably why my restart boot is failing. It's all too confusing to me but the last thing I don't want to do is start from scratch as I just have too many projects going on, always do but time is just to little right now to spend days installing programs and tweaking settings as this is my work horse art computer.

The laptop at work, upgraded with no issue at all. Figures!

Thanks for any suggestions or info.

Richard

:)

RAMWolff, Aug 6, 2015

2. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

download j2me edition of blueftp to your x2. Configure the settings on application access.

Then browse files, highlight the file which you want to hide press 9

three action will appear.

generalmember, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Battōsai Win User
    PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

Battōsai, Aug 6, 2015
  4. I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade

I'm not aware of MBR drives having to be converted to GPT as part of the Win10 Upgrade. IF you have a reference that supports that claim, please provide it because that would be a serious problem, if it were true.

Mark Phelps, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    That is definitely not the case. You can install to a MBR formatted hard drive.

If you have UEFI and want to install 64 bit then I think you need GPT so maybe it's partially true. Not sure where I read this so I don't have anything to back it up at the moment. I'll see if I can find the reference.

Ztruker, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Well said. I've steered well clear of anything to do with UEFI even though both my machines are UEFI capable.

Torquemada, Aug 6, 2015
  7. RAMWolff Win User
    OK. That's interesting info there then. I got the OS downloaded onto my flash drive for safe keeping so I don't have to keep doing that stupid "update" download thing that takes just as long. Right now I'm moving my D drive over to another internal drive that has the room to free up the entire first drive. I know that sounds stupid but I'm at a loss as to why this update is not taking hold. I had no issues at all updating my laptop at work. I'm a hairdresser and from the time a client came in for a cut and color to when he left the salon I had the laptop updated and configured for use (still have a little bit to go but totally useable) but at home, my big workhorse computer for graphics (I work in 3D industry on the side) I can't get it to take. Twice now. Kind of annoying but at a loss as to what to try now!

RAMWolff, Aug 6, 2015
  8. RAMWolff Win User

I do run a 64 bit system. ZBrush, Photoshop and other apps like that run better with more access to RAM and processing power!

RAMWolff, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Some things that have helped others:

Disconnect everything except mouse, keyboard and display.
    Connect a single display to a VGA or DVI connector, remove HDMI.
    Uninstall Anti-virus and firewall if not Windows defaults.

Run Disk Cleanup then download, install and run CCleaner Free.
    Make sure you have at least 20GB of free disk space is installing 64 bit.

Check the driver for your Nvidia graphics. See if there is a new version available.
    GeForce Windows 10 Driver

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  10. RAMWolff Win User
    Hi, So what I did was move that D drive, extend the C drive all the way out and used the downloaded version that is on my USB flash drive and I'm in and running like a top now! Thanks all for the help and suggestions!

RAMWolff, Aug 7, 2015
  11. tamo Win User
    on my UEFI laptop When I tried to install W10 on a partition with MBR it wouldn't let me( showed me a message something like a GPT is required for this version of windows or for EFI system so I had to delete it and format it and let the windows 10 installation convert the partition to GPT . Sorry if this is vague and is in no way from an expert user .
    EDIT : or maybe it wasn,t windows10 that wanted to convert it to GPT but rather the bootable USB ISO which I created
    (
    I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade [​IMG]

Thema:

1. I've tried two times to install this "free" upgrade - Similar Threads - I've tried times

2. Every time I try to install Minecraft for windows it says error, I've tried alot of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to install Minecraft for windows it says error, I've tried alot of...: I've tried almost every solution like running various commands in powershell and command prompt, but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-install-minecraft-for-windows/a24110f9-22aa-4218-a35c-e4fda35f5f94
  3. Every time I try to install Minecraft for windows it says error, I've tried alot of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to install Minecraft for windows it says error, I've tried alot of...: I've tried almost every solution like running various commands in powershell and command prompt, but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-install-minecraft-for-windows/a24110f9-22aa-4218-a35c-e4fda35f5f94
  4. Every time I try to install Minecraft for windows it says error, I've tried alot of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I've been trying to install updates for ages

I've been trying to install updates for ages: There are two updates on my pc that absolutely refuse to install. I've tried countless things, the troubleshooter, downloading them from the catalogue and nothing seems to work and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. About an hour ago I went and checked windows update and...
  6. I've had this problem for a pretty long time. I've tried to fix it in a variety of ways....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've had this problem for a pretty long time. I've tried to fix it in a variety of ways....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DracoKnight133 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kikca7/ive_had_this_problem_for_a_pretty_long_time_ive/
  7. two windows updates are not installing, tried numerous times

two windows updates are not installing, tried numerous times: Having a great deal of difficulty with KB 4512508 and KB 4512941. These updates have failed repeatedly Windows 10 64 bit HOme edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-windows-updates-are-not-installing-tried/7230714a-53f1-405b-b845-f159c9755574
  8. Installing free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing free upgrade: Just curious, but I have 6 pc's slated for the free upgrade. How will you know which download is intended for each machine? 9085
  9. trying to do the free upgrade

trying to do the free upgrade: I finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Win 10 by clicking the icon in the tray by the clock. After clicking it a window appears telling me to wait. I have for over 24 hours and it does nothing. Tried several times but still the same thing. I gave up and...
  10. I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade: Brink , I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade, What are your suggestions for me , before this offer expires ? No more than I know how to keep from facing issues later . 53146