Windows 10: January 13th 2015 Windows Updates

Discus and support January 13th 2015 Windows Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, as part of Update Tuesday, we released eight security updates – one rated Critical and seven rated Important in severity, to address eight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

January 13th 2015 Windows Updates

Source: January 2015 Updates - MSRC - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

:)

Brink, Jan 12, 2015

2. Windows auto updates on 13th January have locked me out of my PC

Hello,

The recent updates might have corrupted your system's startup files which prevents it from starting normally. Given all the troubleshooting steps that you've tried, the next best option is to perform an Automatic Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment.
    The Automatic Repair scans various settings, configuration options, and system files for corrupt files and settings. If it detects anything, it will automatically attempt to fix them for you.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Once you reach the Windows Recovery Environment, click on
    Troubleshoot.

2. Select Advanced Options.

3. Under Advanced Options, select Automatic repair.

Let us know the result and current status of the issue and we'll take the next action to resolve your concern.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lizette Ags, Jan 12, 2015
  3. T.O.J. Win User
    Windows auto updates on 13th January have locked me out of my PC

Windows rolled out updates to my PC on 13th Jan which have locked it to the lock screen. It was setup with local account and no password. Now on startup it flashes the desktop for a fraction of a second and goes to the lockscreen. Right click anywhere
    to bring up signin button, click the button, same thing flash desktop and refreshes lockscreen. I tried to do a restore through advanced options menu but the only restore point available is after the faulty update (how could you think that was a good idea
    Microsoft?)? I have tried uninstalling 6x KB's installed that day through safe mode command prompt but Windows won't allow uninstall of 2 and 3 through error saying the registry database is corrupted. Only one KB would uninstall and it didn't fix anything.
    I have spent several hours with MS techs through chat, all to no avail. Does anyone here have any ideas? I have Gigabyte Z270N-wifi mobo and Intel Core i7 7700k CPU.

T.O.J., Jan 12, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Almost forgot, I still gotta do them! *Smile

Edwin, Jan 13, 2015
Thema:

1. January 13th 2015 Windows Updates - Similar Threads - January 13th 2015

2. Windows 10 January update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 January update: Hello, I'm experiencing a recurring problem after Windows January update. Depending on the time, which is completely random, everything may work as normal or delete button is not working and the taskbar isn't working properly. Is there a way to fix it? I'd appreciate all...
  3. January 2021 Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    January 2021 Updates: Updates appeared today [Jan 13] - KB4535680 needed to be put in From MS Catalog. Anyway, I observed something I hadn't seen before: "Cleaning Up" at the end ofInstallation. Well, something got cleaned! I got back to Desktop in time to see IOBIT starting to remove the...
  4. Cumulative updates - October 13th 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates - October 13th 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on October 13th for Windows 10. Windows 10 1909 and 1903 - KB4577671, Builds 18362.1139 and 18363.1139 Servicing Stack Updates: It is recommended to install Servicing stack updates before installing the cumulative...
  5. Cumulative updates - October 13th 2020

Cumulative updates - October 13th 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on October 13th for Windows 10. Windows 10 1909 and 1903 - KB4577671, Builds 18362.1139 and 18363.1139 Servicing Stack Updates: It is recommended to install Servicing stack updates before installing the cumulative...
  6. January 15th update

January 15th update: After this update I cannot get the computer to boot. All I get is a black screen. i am getting really tired of your "updates" screwing my machine up. I can't even get into safe mode. so what now, geniuses? If I ever get back in your most recent update is history. So...
  7. Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update): Hello, I am posting this because I have completely given up on trying to fix this because I think that I have tried everything and came to no conclusion. (Before reading, important to note that I have a desktop computer) ----- So I got my computer at January this year and I...
  8. Windows Update January 2019

Windows Update January 2019: I have windows 10, version 1803 but why am I receiving update feature to windows 10, version 1809 on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-january-2019/e22a98ea-4450-4a4a-b85b-70435757b936
  9. January Windows 10 update problems

January Windows 10 update problems: I am one of the people who got BSOD after the January update, It has rendered my computer totally useless, Cannot Restore, Recover, Reset, roll back update, get into Safe Mode, or boot into any Windows whatsoever. This has destroyed my computer and I see other people...
  10. Office 365: What’s new in January 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365: What’s new in January 2015: The Office 365 team got the new year off to a great start in January by delivering Office across more platforms and adding new features, service updates, and apps for your devices. OneDrive for Business is now available for Mac and iOS devices. You can combine Lync with new...