Windows 10: Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

Discus and support Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got a new work PC and I've noticed a problem with the way Japanese fonts are rendering in web browsers. I've tried it in Chrome, Edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TyrannoPaulus, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

I recently got a new work PC and I've noticed a problem with the way Japanese fonts are rendering in web browsers. I've tried it in Chrome, Edge and Firefox and they all look the same.

This is how they look on my windows 10 machine:

Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 [​IMG]

And this is how they look on Windows 7

Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 [​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

TyrannoPaulus, Oct 5, 2017

2. [Wndows10][desktop][Fonts]want to change the font to view Japanese folder name/file name on English edition

Hi, Tac.Kane.

If you're on an English Windows 10 system and your preference for East Asian characters is to see Japanese glyphs, then you may want to include Japanese in your profile language settings (particularly if you want to be able to type in Japanese), or you may
    want to install optional Japanese fonts without changing your language settings. Either will add additional Japanese fonts and will provide the experience I think you're looking for. The following topic includes information on adding a language into your profile
    or just adding an optional font feature:

Some fonts are missing after upgrade

Please take a look and let us know if this helps you resolve your issue.

PeterCon [MSFT], Oct 5, 2017
  3. Tac.Kane Win User
    [Wndows10][desktop][Fonts]want to change the font to view Japanese folder name/file name on English edition

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 English edition.

I want someone to help to resolve font trouble on Desktop/Explorer.

When I open explorer folders/files are on. the folders/files name has DoubleByte(or MultiByte). now explorer uses Chinese Font Shape for this name. but I want to see Japanese Font Shape.

I don't want to change system fonts because all charactors shape will be changed.

Current

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Segoe UI

Japanese (DBCS/MultiByte) -> Segoe UI

Requirement

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Segoe UI

Japanese (DoubleByte/MultiByte) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

not solution

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

Japanese (DoubleByte/MultiByte) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

Yours sincerely,

Tac.

Tac.Kane, Oct 5, 2017
  4. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

Hi TyrannoPaulus. Welcome to the TenForums @ TyrannoPaulus

If you use Chrome can you check the exact font it is using in both version of Windows. Custom fonts is under Appearance.

Is the font the same or is it different?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

1. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Japanese fonts wrong

2. To get the normal Japanese Font that is used for Japanese language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To get the normal Japanese Font that is used for Japanese language?: https://imgur.com/lFDzGB2 the font currently + after reinstalling windows.https://imgur.com/iet4WuS the font from my friend/ and what it used to look like for me before reinstalling windows.My windows japanese font looks like a gothic type of font it used to look like MS...
  3. To get the normal Japanese Font that is used for Japanese language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To get the normal Japanese Font that is used for Japanese language?: https://imgur.com/lFDzGB2 the font currently + after reinstalling windows.https://imgur.com/iet4WuS the font from my friend/ and what it used to look like for me before reinstalling windows.My windows japanese font looks like a gothic type of font it used to look like MS...
  4. Japanese Supplemental Fonts wont install

Japanese Supplemental Fonts wont install: Hello,I am unable to add the optional feature Japanese Supplemental FontsI have already done restarts, ensure my Windows is fully updated, etc.I keep getting the error code 0x80080005, no idea why. Please help.My PC:Windows 10 Home EditionVersion 1903Build 18362.1256Thanks....
  5. Font's look pixelated

Font's look pixelated: On every program the font looks weird. I have a Nvidia GPU if that has anything to do with it^ thats what it looks likes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-look-pixelated/4c1f3dd4-2fdf-4b31-9b5c-9233a7f2ccf9
  6. How to get rid of Japanese Supplemental Fonts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of Japanese Supplemental Fonts on Windows 10: Windows always try to install japanese supplemental fonts, even after I deleted them. how to get rid of japanese supplemental fonts? pls don't let me reinstall windows again : thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Font looking really weird

Windows 10 Font looking really weird: So i just reseted my pc yesterday and instaled all fy files again and this morning after i googled something for like 20 minutes the font looked really weird , take a look at this photo , any ideea how i can solve this ? [ATTACH]...
  8. wrong font

wrong font: the font on my task bar is one I can't read, how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-font/7f72be38-b154-4569-a188-b5097717172a
  9. Change IME japanese font

Change IME japanese font: Hi, I'm using Word (Office 365) and, after studing chinese for several years, I've started to study japanese. My problem is that the default japanese font (Yu Mincho font) doesn't convince me (the writing is quite different in some "characters" that are the same in both...
  10. Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites

Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites: Hi, I am a graphic designer, so I have to use helvetica, however, with windows 10 there is an issue. Some sites that use helvetica end up picking a weird version of it. One of them being paypal, uses this awful Helvetica thin compressed. There are other sites too. Some use...