Windows 10: Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

Discus and support Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got a new work PC and I've noticed a problem with the way Japanese fonts are rendering in web browsers. I've tried it in Chrome, Edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TyrannoPaulus, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

I recently got a new work PC and I've noticed a problem with the way Japanese fonts are rendering in web browsers. I've tried it in Chrome, Edge and Firefox and they all look the same.

This is how they look on my windows 10 machine:

Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 [​IMG]

And this is how they look on Windows 7

Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 [​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

TyrannoPaulus, Oct 5, 2017

2. [Wndows10][desktop][Fonts]want to change the font to view Japanese folder name/file name on English edition

Hi, Tac.Kane.

If you're on an English Windows 10 system and your preference for East Asian characters is to see Japanese glyphs, then you may want to include Japanese in your profile language settings (particularly if you want to be able to type in Japanese), or you may
    want to install optional Japanese fonts without changing your language settings. Either will add additional Japanese fonts and will provide the experience I think you're looking for. The following topic includes information on adding a language into your profile
    or just adding an optional font feature:

Some fonts are missing after upgrade

Please take a look and let us know if this helps you resolve your issue.

PeterCon [MSFT], Oct 5, 2017
  3. Tac.Kane Win User
    [Wndows10][desktop][Fonts]want to change the font to view Japanese folder name/file name on English edition

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 English edition.

I want someone to help to resolve font trouble on Desktop/Explorer.

When I open explorer folders/files are on. the folders/files name has DoubleByte(or MultiByte). now explorer uses Chinese Font Shape for this name. but I want to see Japanese Font Shape.

I don't want to change system fonts because all charactors shape will be changed.

Current

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Segoe UI

Japanese (DBCS/MultiByte) -> Segoe UI

Requirement

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Segoe UI

Japanese (DoubleByte/MultiByte) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

not solution

English (Alphabetic,Num) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

Japanese (DoubleByte/MultiByte) -> Meiryo or some Japanese font

Yours sincerely,

Tac.

Tac.Kane, Oct 5, 2017
  4. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

Hi TyrannoPaulus. Welcome to the TenForums @ TyrannoPaulus

If you use Chrome can you check the exact font it is using in both version of Windows. Custom fonts is under Appearance.

Is the font the same or is it different?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

1. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Japanese fonts wrong

2. windows 10 display in Japanese

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 display in Japanese: Andre Da Costa? I lost your answer - I need your e-mail address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-in-japanese/1c7c8c6b-b489-41b2-9e29-9c7336344ec6
  3. Windows 10 Build 1903 Updated, Some Fonts are Wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 1903 Updated, Some Fonts are Wrong: Before I update, It was smooth font. After Updated, The font is looks like pixel. Before update: Build 1803 After Update: Build 1903 and Before Update, I set font to Other Font. Pictures [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Wrong "Settings" font size

Wrong "Settings" font size: Hi everyone, I am facing a strange problem with my new laptop. I actually got two brand new PCs, both Asus ZenBooks 14 with same specs, save for the different CPU, RAM amount and SSD. Also the first one sports a matte display while the second has a glossy one. I actually...
  5. Change IME japanese font

Change IME japanese font: Hi, I'm using Word (Office 365) and, after studing chinese for several years, I've started to study japanese. My problem is that the default japanese font (Yu Mincho font) doesn't convince me (the writing is quite different in some "characters" that are the same in both...
  6. Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are?: Hello, Whilst trying to sort out something on a friend's computer, I noticed some odd-looking registry entries... [img] These may be perfectly innocent, but then again, she is English, with Hebrew installed on her machine, so no oriental language packs at all, so I would...
  7. Screen looks wrong

Screen looks wrong: Just turned on my computer and everything has upsized. Havent changed anything it just did it... "Upgraded" a Nuk and if you replace the N with a F and insert a c you will understand how I feel about it..... It had windows 10 pro installed. How do I fix this? It also...
  8. Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites

Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites: Hi, I am a graphic designer, so I have to use helvetica, however, with windows 10 there is an issue. Some sites that use helvetica end up picking a weird version of it. One of them being paypal, uses this awful Helvetica thin compressed. There are other sites too. Some use...
  9. @font-face not looking fine IE Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    @font-face not looking fine IE Win 10: Hi All, I am using Win 10. I have generated font face for NOTO SANS. This is working fine for Win7 but when seen in Win 10 IE or Crome font look teared. Below is the font face I am using: @font-face { font-family: 'noto_sansregular'; src:...
  10. Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Font Looks Strange

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Font Looks Strange: My font looks strange in Windows 10. It doesn't look smooth as it is supposed to be. Below is the screenshot. [img] 37985