Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803

Discus and support Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After upgrading a machine to 1803 from 1709, the Japanese IME is no longer working. I've google extensively on this issue and it appears to be a known... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Imerzan, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Imerzan Win User

Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803

After upgrading a machine to 1803 from 1709, the Japanese IME is no longer working. I've google extensively on this issue and it appears to be a known 1803 issue, but none of the workarounds seem to be working.

To elaborate, when Right clicking on the "A" in the taskbar, and attempting to select Hiragana -- nothing happens.

Is there a Windows Update Patch (KB?) for this? Or any other fix/workaround?

Thank you.

:)

Imerzan, Aug 10, 2018

2. Japanese IME problem

On my Windows 10 1803 machine, I have installed Japanese IME but it allows only 'Half-width Alphanumeric'. I cannot for instance switch to 'Hiragana' ; right clicking the 'A' icon in system tray and clicking 'Hiragana' at the top of the list does change
    the icon to the hiragana icon -- whatever I type remain alphanumeric. According to a few articles I have found on the internet, earlier versions of Windows 10 did not have this problem and this is a problem unique to 1803. https://forums.windowscentral.com/m...553-windows-update-1803-japanese-keyboar.html
    says that turning OFF the 'Use kana input' switch under 'Hardware keyboard' in the 'Options' for 'Microsoft IME' under the 'Keyboard' will solve the problem. But on my computer the switch has been off all along. Fix Japanese IME after April 2018 update
    advises to copy the files in C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP\DICTS from a pre-1803 machine to the same location on the affected 1803 machine and reboot. But I have not access to a pre-1803 machine with Japanese IME. Please help.

YasuTakano, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Japanese IME Not Working - build 1803 - Similar Threads - Japanese IME Working

2. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  3. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  4. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Japanese IME not working.

Japanese IME not working.: When I try to install Japanese IME on my computer I get this error. Could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-not-working/2b1f02a9-5c48-488b-9b4c-0bc1429aec18
  7. Colemak Japanese IME not working

Colemak Japanese IME not working: After my computer updated recently, the Japanese IME reverted back to qwerty, which is quite annoying as now I can't type in Japanese and is hindering my workflow. I checked the Registry input file for Japanese and it still was the Colemak file Colemak2.dll instead of the...
  8. Japanese IME conversion not working

Japanese IME conversion not working: This is current win 10. I am having a sudden problem where hiragana to kanji conversion has stopped working. This happened in the middle of working, after things had been going fine up to that point. Previously after writing hiragana pressing space would let you scroll down...
  9. Japanese IME not working

Japanese IME not working: I just installed the Japanese language pack and it only seems to work on Microsoft word. If I'm typing in any other application it will not switch to Hiragana. When I click on the Hiragana option it reverts to alphanumeric. I've tried re-installing the package with no luck....
  10. Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME Not Working: I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore. I have tried all the shortcuts,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 japanese ime not working

2. japanese ime not working

3. hiragana not working on windows 10 1803

4. japanese ime not working windows 10,
  5. win10 ime not working dictionary,
  6. ime not working,
  7. Windows 10 cannot Select Hiragana,
  8. windows 10 japanese input not working,
  9. C:\Windows\IME\IMEJP\DICTS,
  10. non-1803,
  11. japanese ime 1803,