Windows 10: Japanese software compatibility under the English version

Discus and support Japanese software compatibility under the English version in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am considering to buy a Surface Pro 4. If I buy the English version of the machine and add the Japanese language pack, can I run the Japanese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petercohen8877, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Japanese software compatibility under the English version

Hello, I am considering to buy a Surface Pro 4. If I buy the English version of the machine and add the Japanese language pack, can I run the Japanese version of software? Will that be fully compatible? Some of the filenames are in Japanese. Same question but in the case of buying a Windows 10 installation disk and install it on a Mac running bootcamp.

What are the differences between English version of Windows 10 + Japanese language pack vs. Japanese version of Windows 10 ?

:)

petercohen8877, Jan 21, 2016

2. How can i change the language of windows 10?

Hi! I have a Japanese computer with Japanese version of windows 10. how can I change windows language from Japanese to English?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

reemalsehnawi, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Changing Microsoft IME language input default. It doesn't to default to Hiragana in Japanese.

I installed windows 10 with an English keyboard and activated Microsoft IME for Japanese but every time I switch from English to Japanese the input mode is japanese alphanumeric and I always have to select hiragana to type in japanese.

Hiragana is already set as the default input mode under IME preferences but it still never comes up first. There was solution for windows 7 but settings were different for windows 10.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who knows could help me solving this problem.

AkihitoWada, Jan 21, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Japanese software compatibility under the English version

Hey petercohen8877,

I was curious, so I did some checking.

It appears that this same question was posted before, in here. Have a look at THIS thread. There was some discussion, but I'm not sure it there was a clear answer or not.

Thema:

Japanese software compatibility under the English version

1. Japanese software compatibility under the English version - Similar Threads - Japanese software compatibility

2. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  3. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  4. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. changing japanese to english on windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing japanese to english on windows 7: Please DO NOT ANSWER THIS WITH ENGLISH EXAMPLES ON THE SCREEN. I have seen many 'answers' to this question, but they are always showing how to navigate an English screen. That does not help because I don't have English on my screen. I have Japanese kanji on my computer. I...
  6. Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese to English: Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english/2489eb04-85b1-470a-a5b7-3f649acaff8f
  7. Really stuck. Using English and Japanese

Really stuck. Using English and Japanese: I have been using English as my default and then Japanese. I have been switching back and forth between them for years with no problem. When you switch into Japanese you normally have a choice of using Japanese kana or Roman letters used in English. Suddenly it only gives you...
  8. How to change Window 10 japanese version to Window 10 English version

How to change Window 10 japanese version to Window 10 English version: Hi, I am working with Japanese company, however they issued a laptop with Japanese version and I don't know Japanese at all .I have to work in india , so how I can change the windos 10 Japanese version to English version as not getting help as no option I found to change...
  9. Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus: I have just reinstalled my PC with Japanese Windows (it's the only way to enable the full use of a Japanese keyboard - special keys etc.). However, I want my system language to be English (menus etc.). So far I have tried the following: Settings: Installed English...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...