Windows 10: Java and flash not configured on desktop?

Discus and support Java and flash not configured on desktop? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I tried using speakeasy and voip but said it needed java and flash. Installed java and flash yet they seemed not configured. How do I configure them or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jim77, Oct 8, 2015.

1. jim77 Win User

Java and flash not configured on desktop?

I tried using speakeasy and voip but said it needed java and flash. Installed java and flash yet they seemed not configured. How do I configure them or correct this probllem? Other windows 10 work good on other computers.
    Jim

:)

jim77, Oct 8, 2015

2. Java and flash not configured on desktop?

Hi Herbert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• Are you trying to install the updates for the Java software which is already installed on your computer or is this a fresh installation of the Java software on your computer?

• Do you receive any error message?
    Temporarily disable the third party security program (If you have installed any) and then try to install the program.

If you have installed a third party security program, then I request you to contact its technical support to temporarily disable the program and then try downloading and installing Java and check the issue.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Get back to us with the required information.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Java and flash not configured on desktop?

HerbertMcDonald, Oct 8, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

To update Flash you must run Windows Update or download the 32-bit version it from here or the 64-bit version from here. To download Java go to java.com: Java + You If you have 64-bit Windows go to Downloads, all Java downloads and install both 32-bit and 64-bit version to make sure you have Java on all browsers. After installing the 32-bit version an internet window will open automatically to test Java. Do the test to enable java in your default browser. If you have more than one browsers open the Java website from there and click on Do I have Java. Do the test again to enable Java on that browsers. If your default browser is Microsoft Edge keep in mind that it doesn't support Java and other plugins, only Flash. Use Internet Explorer instead. Click on the search icon and type Internet to see it. To make it default search for Control and click on Control Panel to open the classic Control Panel. Click on View by Large icons to see all controls. Click on Default programs and make Internet Explorer (or Firefox or whatever) the default program for everything internet-related.

spapakons, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Java and flash not configured on desktop? - Similar Threads - Java flash configured

2. Desktop Shortcut configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut configuration: Is there a way to configure some desktop shortcuts as single click and others as double click?I will frequently reuse some desktop links, as I've named them with empty spaces from Character Map.Coming up over 20 years in a double click world, I'm used to single single...
  3. Desktop Shortcut configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcut configuration: Is there a way to configure some desktop shortcuts as single click and others as double click?I will frequently reuse some desktop links, as I've named them with empty spaces from Character Map.Coming up over 20 years in a double click world, I'm used to single single...
  4. Desktop Shortcut configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automating the desktop configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating the desktop configuration: Before releasing a Windows 10 desktop or laptop to the final user a customer perform some manual activities, including: - assigning an IP address - replacing the default background - adding some icons to the desktop - adding some shortcuts to the desktop - setting some local...
  6. Automating the desktop configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automating the desktop configuration: Before releasing a Windows 10 desktop or laptop to the final user a customer perform some manual activities, including: - assigning an IP address - replacing the default background - adding some icons to the desktop - adding some shortcuts to the desktop - setting some local...
  7. Automating the desktop configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Desktop Personalization/Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Personalization/Configuration: Is it possible to configure my desktop bar to have the date and time on the left hand side of the 'Start' button? Please see the attached image for reference. [ATTACH]...
  9. Desktop keeps flashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop keeps flashing: I tried finding someone else with this problem and solution with no luck. Windows 10 installed with no issue but when I sign in the cursor just acts as tho it is thinking and will not let me do anything. Also the desktop keeps flashing. Only way out is to task manager out...
  10. flashing desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    flashing desktop: I have a Lenovo ideapad S510p touch. Yesterday I went to use it and updates were installing so I waited and waited. After awhile, nothing else happened. I waited some more. Waiting. Nothing. Finally I restarted and after signing in and I just got a flashing half-filled-out...