Windows 10: Java Installer Won't Run

Discus and support Java Installer Won't Run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anytime I try to install Java on my friend's computer, the installer doesn't even work. I get the loading wheel for a split second, then nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TONPumper, Aug 7, 2016.

1. TONPumper Win User

Java Installer Won't Run

Anytime I try to install Java on my friend's computer, the installer doesn't even work. I get the loading wheel for a split second, then nothing happens. Her computer seems to be corrupt or something, but when I run the sfc, it doesn't find any issues and the chkdsk doesn't find issues on the hdd. She was using her built in admin account for a long time, so I made her a new user account with admin rights, but when it has admin rights, you can't open Edge or the photo viewer because it says you're using the built in admin when it's not the built in admin account. Obviously, I'm trying to avoid a refresh/reset, since sfc and dskchk didn't find anything. Any help would be great.

:)

TONPumper, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Tesla3D Win User

Windows 10: Java 7 will not uninstall - Java 7 not showing up on Settings - causes any browser to fail Java calls

Windows 10 and Java

This indicates Microsoft Edge will not run Java.

Still, the other browsers (e.g. Chrome) won't run the old Java 7.

The instructions for All Apps in Windows 10 don't show Java 7 listed - yet the Java took clearly finds it.

The preference would be to have a process for Microsoft 10 to completely uninstall Java and then a process to re-install the latest version of Java.

Tesla3D, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Tesla3D Win User
    Windows 10: Java 7 will not uninstall - Java 7 not showing up on Settings - causes any browser to fail Java calls

Installed the IE to run instead of Microsoft Edge.

A tech note claims Java won't run on Edge.

So, it is important to test this on IE.

Tesla3D, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

Java Installer Won't Run

1. Java Installer Won't Run - Similar Threads - Java Installer Won't

2. Will java run on windows11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will java run on windows11?: When "java-version" is entered at the command prompt, it returns not a valid command etc. The setup wizard says the java installation was successful. Is java not supposed to run on windows11?...
  3. Java Installer Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Installer Won't Open: I downloaded the Java installer and opened it, it asked for my admin password so I put it in. The prompt closed so I expected for Java to open but it didn't, I kept trying, nothing. I checked my task manager and nothing new opened up....
  4. Java Installer Won't Open

Java Installer Won't Open: I downloaded the Java installer and opened it, it asked for my admin password so I put it in. The prompt closed so I expected for Java to open but it didn't, I kept trying, nothing. I checked my task manager and nothing new opened up....
  5. Java installer doesn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  6. Java installer doesn't run

Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  7. App won't installed: Java

App won't installed: Java: I do not know why this display continues to be here, as far as I want I've uninstalled "java". and then I want to install it again so I uninstalled the old application first, and after that, I slid into the java installer, but after various ways of completion I still can not...
  8. Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8: I wanted to play some classic minecraft and started it, but I always got an error that says that "it couldnt find javaw.exe". The file was there and I manually tried to fix it but it didnt matter what I did, I still got the same error. Half a year ago I tried to install...
  9. Java not running on IE

in Browsers and Email
    Java not running on IE: I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en) that requires Java It gives me this error below. Any suggestions? When I go to this page [img] 91521
  10. Java Installer doesn't run

Java Installer doesn't run: Win 10 Pro x64 1607. Java Installer won't run, period. Well, the 32 bit one will start, per Task Mgr processes - Java Platform SE Binary (32 bit) - but disappears in a few seconds. The 64 bit version doesn't even do that much. My problems with installing Java started with the...