Windows 10: JAVA installs, but with no install window / Update tab missing as well

Discus and support JAVA installs, but with no install window / Update tab missing as well in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all. I have a strange problem and I have searched high and low for the answer to no avail. I have a windows 10 (latest updates) system that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nerd Girl, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Nerd Girl Win User

JAVA installs, but with no install window / Update tab missing as well

Hello all.

I have a strange problem and I have searched high and low for the answer to no avail.

I have a windows 10 (latest updates) system that I have Java installed on. It is working with only two problems. When it updates, I don't see an install window. I have uninstalled, used JavRa, CCleaner, sfc /scannow, deleted task scheduler entries (justshc.exe), etc. to try to fix it.

Even on a clean install of Java (all registry keys removed as well, not a windows clean install) it still installs silently. Apparently it is an option to do this, but I do not recall turning it on. I would assume it would be per install via a command line or network administrator anyways. I have never installed it that way.

Also, (I think they are related) I loose the update tab in the control panel with each update. Its not a big deal as a simple change to a registry key brings back the update tab.

I need java because my router still uses it for it's configuration page. I also used it back in the day for the now defunct website, pingtest.net.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

:)

Nerd Girl, Apr 18, 2017

2. Cannot Open .jar Files on windows 10

This is for .jar files if you are using it on Minecraft (PC). But I'm not sure if this works on other things as well.

1. Install Java Runtime Enviorment SE

2. Download the .jar file

3. Find the open tab on the file explorer and click the drop down box.

4. Click Java Platform SE Binary

5. A new tab will pop up with the java logo on it (it's ok and do whatever to install the mod).

MichaelGleba Jr., Apr 18, 2017
  3. Wrytha Win User
    Windows 10 Java issue

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. I downloaded and installed java. It appears in the control panel but clicking 'OPEN' does nothing. The java.com website asks me to "enable" the java addon and it appears in the "manage Add-ons" tab of IE 11;
    however, it never actually fires the JVM.

Also, an additional program that uses JAVA is unable to start, although it detects that JAVA is installed, because JAVA never starts.

I have a clean install of Windows with JAVA installed and the program mentioned above. No antivirus. At this I have installed firefox and slimjet browsers. There is nothing else install on the machine. I have installed from the web install, installed from
    the downloaded version, installed the 32bit and the 64 bit versions. All behave the same way.

Please help

Wrytha, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

JAVA installs, but with no install window / Update tab missing as well

1. JAVA installs, but with no install window / Update tab missing as well - Similar Threads - JAVA installs install

2. Java can't install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Java can't install.: I have been trying to fix java due to it not properly opening .jar files. I tried to uninstall and then when i reinstalled, it diddnt work and said "could not create the java virtual machine." After that it closes, puts 3 of the same error message on my screen, and then says...
  3. Java install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java install: My computer window 11. When I run java install it doesn't show anything? help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-install/6256d389-1ba8-43b4-aa9c-0569865179cf
  4. Java install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java install: My computer window 11. When I run java install it doesn't show anything? help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-install/6256d389-1ba8-43b4-aa9c-0569865179cf
  5. Downloading and Installing Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading and Installing Java: Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot, is it better to close the browser first then run the update OR can the update run in the...
  6. Java not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java not installing: Hello I need some help. I have a windows 10 laptop and was looking to install Java. I did everything you need it to downloaded it and then installed it and the setup wizard said I successfully installed Java. Then when I run a programme that uses Java it tells me java is not...
  7. Java installation not completing

Java installation not completing: I've tried installing java many different times, but it always displays the error "Java installation Not Completed", I tried using the offline link for java, but that didn't work either, I've downloaded and uninstalled repeatedly, but it is yet to work, I'm open to...
  8. windows 10 will not install java

windows 10 will not install java: had to reinstall windows 10 because my computer was running so slow for some reason. Now it's fine, but will not let me install Java, and I have program that I need that uses Java. Any ideas? Thanks...
  9. How to instal Java update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to instal Java update: Hi, I can't install Java update on my PC. The Windows not recognize the installing program and blocs it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-instal-java-update/5ba00d5f-6156-4600-adcf-882b640baa00"
  10. install java updates

install java updates: I cant seem to locate java in my control panel. I am trying to update this program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/install-java-updates/e61caae9-c05f-4383-8ac7-01295eefd9fe