Windows 10: Java issue?

Discus and support Java issue? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to remote into my work PC, which I've done numerous times in the past. I can get in from my Windows 10 desktop, but on my Win 10 laptop I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Girevik, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Girevik Win User

Java issue?

I'm trying to remote into my work PC, which I've done numerous times in the past. I can get in from my Windows 10 desktop, but on my Win 10 laptop I'm all of a sudden unable to get in.

The error I'm getting on my laptop says "Secuity exception" and "Found unsigned entry in resourse: https//blah/properJavaRDP-1-1.jar". When I click on "details" it just tell sme on using the java plug in 11.66.2.18, and JRD version 1.8.0_66-b18". For some reason I'm having trouble finding out whaversion of Java is installed on my desktop. It almost looks like there is none, but I dont' think I'd be able to a access this site if it didn't

Can anyone give me an hints on how to troubleshoot this issue?

:)

Girevik, Jan 7, 2016

2. JAR File Issues

JAR files are Java archives. did you re-install Java?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 7, 2016
  3. JohnKH Win User
    Installing java on a windows phone?

I wanna know about Windows phones. Is it possible to install and run Java? For example: A game requires to install java because the game runs on Java. Can i run Java on Internet Explorer after installation of Java?

JohnKH, Jan 7, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Java issue?

You can check your Java version by going to Verify Java Version and clicking on Verify Java Version. You have to use IE or Firefox not Edge browser.

Java issue? [​IMG]

And/Or go to command prompt and enter java -version

Java issue? [​IMG]

The current version is 8.66 (which is shown as "1.8.0_66" from command prompt).

You could try clearing your cache (How do I clear the Java cache?) and keeping temporary files on computer as described here Found unsigned entry in resource

lx07, Jan 7, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    FYI: You do not need Java to access the TenForums site.

PJLLB, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Girevik Win User
    I've gone to the verify java version page, and on my desktop (the one that lets me access what I'm trying to get to), the button doesn't appear which is one of the things that makes me think java isn't on that pc at all. But then I don't know why I can connect with it and not my laptop.

Girevik, Jan 7, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    What internet browser are you using? Edge doesn't work with Java - try Internet Explorer. Check also it is not disabled (How do I disable Java in my web browser?)

Try also the java -version command from command prompt.

You definitely do have java as the (Cisco VPN?) software requires java to run the .jar

lx07, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Girevik Win User

Java issue?

Well aren't I a moron? The site requires compatibility mode, which I know what set before because it used to work. But it someone lost the setting and once I reset it I'm able to access again.

Sorry to trouble you all, and thanks for the input.

Girevik, Jan 7, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    *Thumbs Things are always easy in retrospect....

lx07, Jan 7, 2016
  10. PJLLB Win User
    If Java is installed it would show on the Programs and Features Control Panel as an installed program.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Java issue?

1. Java issue? - Similar Threads - Java issue

2. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  3. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  4. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition: Whenever I launch the installer I am met with this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-trying-to-install-minecraft-javabedrock/793298a1-a06e-4466-ad25-e830bcd07c8c
  6. Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition

Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition: Whenever I launch the installer I am met with this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-trying-to-install-minecraft-javabedrock/793298a1-a06e-4466-ad25-e830bcd07c8c
  7. Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues: Good day to you. I have had this problem for months now and have tried almost everything under the sun to fix it. My computer runs on 64 bit and no matter what I do Java 64 bit will not install. I have tried un installing the 32 bit which it will do and then tried downloading...
  8. Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues

Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues: Good day to you. I have had this problem for months now and have tried almost everything under the sun to fix it. My computer runs on 64 bit and no matter what I do Java 64 bit will not install. I have tried un installing the 32 bit which it will do and then tried downloading...
  9. Minecraft: Java Edition Windows 10 Signing in issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft: Java Edition Windows 10 Signing in issues: Hello,I am having issues regarding Minecraft: Java Edition. It says that I have to sign in but I already own Minecraft and I don't want to buy the same game again.Any ways to fix this complication?Regards, HenryGOD...
  10. Java files not opening, they only create a installer.log file with the issues that i dont...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Java files not opening, they only create a installer.log file with the issues that i dont...: I've tried everything, from reinstaling and updating java to using jar fix, even going into CDM and trying to fix java files as administrator, even .bat files dont start my jar files. I have no idea what to do now, when i try to start a jar file they leave the same...