Windows 10: Java not running on IE

Discus and support Java not running on IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en)... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pickenspolitics, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Java not running on IE

I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11.

I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en) that requires Java

It gives me this error below.

Any suggestions?

When I go to this page
    Java not running on IE [​IMG]

:)

pickenspolitics, Aug 15, 2017

2. IE is not able to run JAVA

Hi Prince,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might also occur due to some third party program causing the issue.

I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.
    Also, check if the Java Add-on is enabled for Internet Explorer.

• Press Windows key and the
      X key and click on Run.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • Click on the Programs tab and then select
      Manage add-ons.
    • Select the Java add-on and click on
      enable.
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11 '

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 15, 2017
  3. IE is not able to run JAVA

IE11 is not able to run JAVA whereas it works fine in chrome. All JAVA applications would work perfectly fine when not opened via IE. I tried reinstalling IE with no success.

Looking for help!!!

Prince Pillai, Aug 15, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Java not running on IE

That would be a government issue, not a problem with your browser, nor anything to do with your computer having Java on it.

bro67, Aug 16, 2017
  5. A government problem. See the error below. Are you sure?

How do I fix it?

pickenspolitics, Aug 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Yes a government problem, because the U.S. government put a bid out to the lowest bidder to create a website that requires Java, not Javascript, in order to run. All web browsers to this point do not run Java inside them, let alone outside of a Sandbox.

This issue with the bls.gov and a few other websites have been known about for a very long time. In turn Google, Microsoft, Mozilla do not allow the site to run inside of their browsers.

On the other hand, they do have a non-java required page for that information for the Census, which is kind of hidden. Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages Or just use this one. QCEW Data Views

bro67, Aug 16, 2017
  7. I got it now. Inept government. I've seen that before. Thank you.

pickenspolitics, Aug 16, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Java not running on IE

This is what I get in IE 11. I'm not going to run it.
    Attachment 149294

Helmut, Aug 16, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I get the same message about Java on the latest Firefox, Safari [macOS] and SeaMonkey. The 2 links by bro67 appear to be just fine.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Java not running on IE

1. Java not running on IE - Similar Threads - Java running

2. .Jar files keep downloading as a internet explorer thing not even a fill, though I have Java.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Jar files keep downloading as a internet explorer thing not even a fill, though I have Java.: Then ever I install a .Jar file it does not install as Java or even a file. Dash_The Doodle has the same problem as me but it was a little while ago. I did both the first thing to resolve my problem but it did not work so I did the second one and I got up to " Locate the .jar...
  3. Java installation not completing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java installation not completing: I've tried installing java many different times, but it always displays the error "Java installation Not Completed", I tried using the offline link for java, but that didn't work either, I've downloaded and uninstalled repeatedly, but it is yet to work, I'm open to...
  4. Edge Chromium Java support

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium Java support: Why is the feature to open a page in IE not present, since the Edge based on Chromium doesn't run Java? submitted by /u/Mic_sne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dazdv9/edge_chromium_java_support/
  5. Minecraft (Java Edition) runs very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft (Java Edition) runs very slow: Just went from linux back to windows due to driver issues, I just want to play minecraft with shaders on my new GPU! Linux (on my old worse GPU had 12fps on the shader pack - nice!) but now on windows it has 0: it won't load on the same settings as the CPU usage maxes out and...
  6. Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8: I wanted to play some classic minecraft and started it, but I always got an error that says that "it couldnt find javaw.exe". The file was there and I manually tried to fix it but it didnt matter what I did, I still got the same error. Half a year ago I tried to install...
  7. i cant change what i run jar files with to java

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cant change what i run jar files with to java: for some reason i am not able to change from notepad to java https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-what-i-run-jar-files-with-to-java/50a77723-fb25-49dc-aaa9-38a577be2dd2"
  8. JAVA api failed to run on IE 11 | ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#

in Browsers and Email
    JAVA api failed to run on IE 11 | ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#: Tried everything, nothing helps, any advice given would be highly appreciated! [img] 113389
  9. Java Installer doesn't run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java Installer doesn't run: Win 10 Pro x64 1607. Java Installer won't run, period. Well, the 32 bit one will start, per Task Mgr processes - Java Platform SE Binary (32 bit) - but disappears in a few seconds. The 64 bit version doesn't even do that much. My problems with installing Java started with the...
  10. Java Installer Won't Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java Installer Won't Run: Anytime I try to install Java on my friend's computer, the installer doesn't even work. I get the loading wheel for a split second, then nothing happens. Her computer seems to be corrupt or something, but when I run the sfc, it doesn't find any issues and the chkdsk doesn't...