Windows 10: Java not running on IE

Discus and support Java not running on IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en)... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pickenspolitics, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Java not running on IE

I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11.

I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en) that requires Java

It gives me this error below.

Any suggestions?

When I go to this page
    Java not running on IE [​IMG]

:)

pickenspolitics, Aug 15, 2017

2. IE is not able to run JAVA

Hi Prince,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might also occur due to some third party program causing the issue.

I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.
    Also, check if the Java Add-on is enabled for Internet Explorer.

• Press Windows key and the
      X key and click on Run.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • Click on the Programs tab and then select
      Manage add-ons.
    • Select the Java add-on and click on
      enable.
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11 '

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 15, 2017
  3. IE is not able to run JAVA

IE11 is not able to run JAVA whereas it works fine in chrome. All JAVA applications would work perfectly fine when not opened via IE. I tried reinstalling IE with no success.

Looking for help!!!

Prince Pillai, Aug 15, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Java not running on IE

That would be a government issue, not a problem with your browser, nor anything to do with your computer having Java on it.

bro67, Aug 16, 2017
  5. A government problem. See the error below. Are you sure?

How do I fix it?

pickenspolitics, Aug 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Yes a government problem, because the U.S. government put a bid out to the lowest bidder to create a website that requires Java, not Javascript, in order to run. All web browsers to this point do not run Java inside them, let alone outside of a Sandbox.

This issue with the bls.gov and a few other websites have been known about for a very long time. In turn Google, Microsoft, Mozilla do not allow the site to run inside of their browsers.

On the other hand, they do have a non-java required page for that information for the Census, which is kind of hidden. Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages Or just use this one. QCEW Data Views

bro67, Aug 16, 2017
  7. I got it now. Inept government. I've seen that before. Thank you.

pickenspolitics, Aug 16, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Java not running on IE

This is what I get in IE 11. I'm not going to run it.
    Attachment 149294

Helmut, Aug 16, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I get the same message about Java on the latest Firefox, Safari [macOS] and SeaMonkey. The 2 links by bro67 appear to be just fine.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Java not running on IE

1. Java not running on IE - Similar Threads - Java running

2. COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT": In the previous version of windows writing java programs is done via "edit " command. Bur now in the modern 64bit version of windows don't have the classic MS-Editoredit.exe though 32bit versions still have it.. In 64bit Windows the only option to write any text via CMD is...
  3. COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT": In the previous version of windows writing java programs is done via "edit " command. Bur now in the modern 64bit version of windows don't have the classic MS-Editoredit.exe though 32bit versions still have it.. In 64bit Windows the only option to write any text via CMD is...
  4. problem when running java program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem when running java program: Hello. I am working on a simple program in the Java programming language. Everything is happening in the VS Code text editor. When I compile it using javac, everything is fine. However, when I run the program, the terminal displays the following text: Р?С?Р?С? РєР?Р?...
  5. problem when running java program

problem when running java program: Hello. I am working on a simple program in the Java programming language. Everything is happening in the VS Code text editor. When I compile it using javac, everything is fine. However, when I run the program, the terminal displays the following text: Р?С?Р?С? РєР?Р?...
  6. problem when running java program

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Will java run on windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will java run on windows11?: When "java-version" is entered at the command prompt, it returns not a valid command etc. The setup wizard says the java installation was successful. Is java not supposed to run on windows11?...
  8. Will java run on windows11?

Will java run on windows11?: When "java-version" is entered at the command prompt, it returns not a valid command etc. The setup wizard says the java installation was successful. Is java not supposed to run on windows11?...
  9. Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.: The set up wizard says java\jdk-19 was successfully installed but when I enter Java-version at the cmd prompt I get the cannot locate the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-11-run-java-if-so-how-should-the/969f1b33-0201-45ec-b041-8560a7dfaa24
  10. Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.

Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.: The set up wizard says java\jdk-19 was successfully installed but when I enter Java-version at the cmd prompt I get the cannot locate the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-11-run-java-if-so-how-should-the/969f1b33-0201-45ec-b041-8560a7dfaa24