Windows 10: java Plug In

Discus and support java Plug In in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried to use a new program I recently purchased. It stated I needed Java Plug In. I went to Java to download it and up came a screen saying that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bgraae, Aug 28, 2015.

1. bgraae Win User

java Plug In

Tried to use a new program I recently purchased. It stated I needed Java Plug In. I went to Java to download it and up came a screen saying that Windows 10 does not support Java Plug In. I had to call the vendor and ask for a refund. When will Windows 10 support Java Plug In? I don't want Firefox.

:)

bgraae, Aug 28, 2015

2. Replacing Java on Windows 10

Note received from Java after a recent update says the Edge browser in Win10 will not support the Java plug in:

"On Windows 10, the Edge browser does not support plug-ins and therefore will not run Java. Switch to a different browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer 11) to run the Java plug-in."

Verify Java Version

I don't want to change browsers. what can I do??

simplelife_108, Aug 28, 2015
  3. bhumbro Win User
    bhumbro, Aug 28, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

java Plug In

In the Edge browser, it does not support Java, but IE uses it still. Get it from Internet Explorer.

XweAponX, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    For the Edge browser it might well be that Java is not available - Edge is just far from feature complete.

Java however is in fact working nicely on Windows 10. If all you need to run that program is Java, then it should be working on Windows 10.

Joergi, Aug 28, 2015
  6. TairikuOkami, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    As posted Edge does not need Java to run. IE does.

8. bgraae Win User

java Plug In

Java is not the problem. It runs quite well. However Java PlugIn will not run on Windows 10, preventing me from running a program I use in my business. I have done everything, I've updated Java, searched for an answer, can't find one. I wish a pro would comment on when 10 will be fully functional with Java, specifically, when will Java PlugIn run.

bgraae, Aug 29, 2015
  9. Joergi Win User
    Can you please tell us, in which browser you want to use the Java Plugin?

As far as I can see, in Firefox it is working fine for me. I do not use Internet Explorer, but it worked in Windows 8 and I expect it to work in Windows 10 as well. For Edge, well, I don't know if it is technically possible to run plugins there at all, so...

Joergi, Aug 29, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    Windows 10 and Java

11. bgraae Win User
    I spent two days, going over Firefox and Java. Java runs well in 10, however Java Plugin is not supported in 10. Firefox has disallowed Java Plugin due to security issues. So, I guess I'm stuck, I'll have to not use the program that demands Java Plugin. I wish a Pro would comment on when Microsoft is going to upgrade Windows 10 to fully function and accept these new programs? I'm almost tempted to go back to 7, I can wait a year, have a fully functional Java.

bgraae, Aug 29, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    The problem is we don't understand really what it is you want. I have Java with all the bells and whistles(although turned off in my browser).

In IE11

java Plug In [​IMG]

In LibreOffice

java Plug In [​IMG]

In Control Panel

java Plug In [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 29, 2015
  13. bgraae Win User

java Plug In

Evidently there is a specific Java program called JavaPlugIn. In this one program it stated it needed that program. I couldn't download it. I have discontinued the program. I found out that 10 doesn't support it.

bgraae, Sep 4, 2015
  14. Kunovega Win User
    You are confusing a browser with the entire OS.

The edge browser does not work with JavaPlugIn.

Windows 10 DOES WORK with JavaPlugIn, but you must select a different web browser to use it.

It's very simple, Edge browser does not allow any plug ins, JavaPlugIn... is a plug in...

By choosing any other web browser that allows plug ins (firefox, IE, chrome, etc) you would be able to use JavaPlugIn on windows 10.

IE (internet explorer) is included with windows 10, the other browsers are optional downloads.

Google how to find IE in windows 10 or choose another browser to download that allows plug ins if that is what you are trying to do.

Kunovega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

java Plug In

1. java Plug In - Similar Threads - java Plug

2. I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...: A while ago I had decided to buy the Java edition and bedrock edition bundle, and a few days later I had bought game pass, fast forward a few months and when I cancel my game pass, it gets rid of my Minecraft Java edition. I still have bedrock, which is odd but I am wondering...
  3. I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...: A while ago I had decided to buy the Java edition and bedrock edition bundle, and a few days later I had bought game pass, fast forward a few months and when I cancel my game pass, it gets rid of my Minecraft Java edition. I still have bedrock, which is odd but I am wondering...
  4. everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear: Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\microsoft-vm-core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-boot-up-my-computer-a-java-virtual/9ef31125-f962-46b8-9359-3b922b90dfc0
  5. everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear: Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\microsoft-vm-core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-boot-up-my-computer-a-java-virtual/9ef31125-f962-46b8-9359-3b922b90dfc0
  6. everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear

7. We can buy Minecraft Java Edition separately from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can buy Minecraft Java Edition separately from Microsoft Store: You can Buy Minecraft Java Edition separately on Microsoft Store. First go to Microsoft Store,then search 'Minecraft'.Select the Minecraft Bedrock & Java Edition Bundle.Scroll down then you can see the Minecraft Java Edition seperated...
  8. We can buy Minecraft Java Edition separately from Microsoft Store

We can buy Minecraft Java Edition separately from Microsoft Store: You can Buy Minecraft Java Edition separately on Microsoft Store. First go to Microsoft Store,then search 'Minecraft'.Select the Minecraft Bedrock & Java Edition Bundle.Scroll down then you can see the Minecraft Java Edition seperated...
  9. I clossed out out minecraft java edition and now it is saying i have to buy it again. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I clossed out out minecraft java edition and now it is saying i have to buy it again. I...: I closed out out Minecraft java edition and now it is saying i have to buy it again. I still have the receipt proving i made a purchase. What do I do....
  10. I clossed out out minecraft java edition and now it is saying i have to buy it again. I...

I clossed out out minecraft java edition and now it is saying i have to buy it again. I...: I closed out out Minecraft java edition and now it is saying i have to buy it again. I still have the receipt proving i made a purchase. What do I do....