Windows 10: Java Update Download Keeps Failing

Discus and support Java Update Download Keeps Failing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For a little more than a week I've been getting a notification about a Java update being available, but the download keeps failing at about 50-60% with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gregyurkon, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Java Update Download Keeps Failing

For a little more than a week I've been getting a notification about a Java update being available, but the download keeps failing at about 50-60% with this message:

Java Update Download Keeps Failing [​IMG]

The only help I can find at the Java site is pay per use; the FAQ don't cover this specific issue. I'd like to see what I can find out before I spend any money.

:)

gregyurkon, Apr 3, 2016
  2. kniko Win User
    kniko, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Installing the latest Java update in Win 10

I resolved the problem after many disappointing attempts.

Instead of responding to the notice that a Java update is available, I accessed the Java Web page directly.

Clicked on the "Free Java Download" button which took me to an entry on the next page "Not the right operating system?

See all Java downloads.
    ". From there I was able to select the Windows Offline entries for 32 and 64 bit installations.

billJacobson, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Java Update Download Keeps Failing

About two hours ago, Java updated successfully. I don't know what was different about this occasion, except that nothing went wrong.

gregyurkon, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

Java Update Download Keeps Failing

1. Java Update Download Keeps Failing - Similar Threads - Java Update Download

2. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Java: Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes up with an error message of "Could not download java". I've tried deleting, redownloading, reseting ect and I've checked...
  3. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Java: Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes up with an error message of "Could not download java". I've tried deleting, redownloading, reseting ect and I've checked...
  4. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Downloading and Installing Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading and Installing Java: Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot, is it better to close the browser first then run the update OR can the update run in the...
  6. Downloading and Installing Java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading and Installing Java: Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot, is it better to close the browser first then run the update OR can the update run in the...
  7. Java won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java won't download: I keep trying to install it but no matter what nothing happens. I've tried restarting and turning my computer off and on but it doesn't fix anything. I haven't had this problem with any other computers i've had and i don't understand why it won't work....
  8. Cannot download Java

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download Java: I am using Windows 10 Home on a brand new Lenovo computer. Why won't it complete the download. It just hangs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-java/041d4f27-937c-4d75-95a3-f51ac9d32bba"
  9. 10182 keeps on failing to download?

in Windows 10 Support
    10182 keeps on failing to download?: I have the update 10182, but every time I try to get it to download it errors out. And it has now disappeared, and I can't get it back? 8194
  10. Keeps saying failed to download ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeps saying failed to download ?: Having big problems with downloading anything as it keeps saying failed all the time so tried on an upgraded Win 7 and no problem....? Cleared out old downloads but still no luck....using Firefox. Appreciate any help thanks *Smile 49103