Windows 10: java update hijacked edge browser

Discus and support java update hijacked edge browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A older java update has hijacked my edge browser and I cant get rid of the page asking to update. 20004 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jerrymac50, Aug 29, 2015.

1. java update hijacked edge browser

A older java update has hijacked my edge browser and I cant get rid of the page asking to update.

:)

jerrymac50, Aug 29, 2015

2. Replacing Java on Windows 10

Note received from Java after a recent update says the Edge browser in Win10 will not support the Java plug in:

"On Windows 10, the Edge browser does not support plug-ins and therefore will not run Java. Switch to a different browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer 11) to run the Java plug-in."

Verify Java Version

I don't want to change browsers. what can I do??

simplelife_108, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Why won't my Chrome browser accept Java on Windows 10?

Chrome browser does not use type of Java that you want to update for security reasons. Chrome chooses not to even download it. So either do without Java update or just open Edge or IE to download it. I personally use Chrome as my daily browser but I also
    use Edge because certain MS websites respond better. I have less trouble connecting to wifi with Edge as my default browser.

Jmarco0921, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

java update hijacked edge browser

5. YOU
    You Win User
    Are sure? That looks like one of those trashy optimization programs that fill the Google search results hiding legitimate links.

Thema:

java update hijacked edge browser

1. java update hijacked edge browser - Similar Threads - java update hijacked

2. Browser Hijackers

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Hijackers: I have searched the internet for three days now using my cellphone because the three browsers on my desktop are hijacked by taboola orrecp.mkt 81 or a few others. I have used, as suggested, "Hi-Jack This"---"Malwarebytes"---an three others. These bad apps cannot be found...
  3. Browser Hijacker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Hijacker: Recently found all google searches on my preferred browser ending up with yahoo search results on my Windows 10 desktop. Checked all software for latest updates, ran full Defender scan, but could not restore the Google search engine. Finally stumbled across this piece of...
  4. browser hijacker

browser hijacker: https://operateeditfind.info/search_web.php?q=juice&uid=71e51036-9c7c-4578-ef6bc94560e9&rnd=1&themeIndex=1002&b=firefox&bv=69&secret=ketica_ff_ext_avg&source=1 I'm using an HP Netbook and running Windows 8.1 I keep getting redirected to yahoo.com when I use my default...
  5. Browser hijack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser hijack: Hi whenever I open a page from within an app my default browser which is almost advert free is bypassed and microsofts advert fest Edge is used instead. Edge is pretty much unusable to me as I despise being forced to view adverts also I dislike the search engine which I have...
  6. Browser hijacker

Browser hijacker: How do I know if I've got a browser hijacker? And why do I keep getting calls saying my computer is in danger? Supposingly from microsoft agent....
  7. Can't get rid of browser hijack in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get rid of browser hijack in Edge.: Got hit with a drive by browser hijack which has set my Edge start page to Yahoo Search - Web Search It also disabled the Home button and changed my default search from Google to Yahoo. I tried the Edge reset powershell script. That failed. Microsoft Edge - Reset to...
  8. Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE)

Browser Hijacking (IE11 and EDGE): Hi Folks Be extra careful currently as there is STILL a problem in security with IE11 and Edge which can allow "unscrupulous" users to hijack your browser / do other nasty things - and currently NO A/V software can protect against this. BE VERY CAREFUL if using IE11 /...
  9. Edge Browser hijack scam

Edge Browser hijack scam: Last night I got the scam where the Browser (Edge) is locked and a message pops up saying to call a number. There is a computerised voice telling me I have a problem. I can open Explorer ok and am using it to type this. I ran AV (Defender & MBAM) but nothing came up. I...
  10. Edge Hijacking?

Edge Hijacking?: Is this a highjacking? Did scans with Defender, Mbam, Adwcleaner and Hitman Pro, which none detected. Could not open Edge without it appearing. Finally solved with a backdated recovery. 22737