Windows 10: Java update?

Discus and support Java update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got a popup saying java has an update, version 8 update 91. Is there an update or is it fake? And this is the main site right?: java.com: Java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by possom2009, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Java update?

Just got a popup saying java has an update, version 8 update 91. Is there an update or is it fake? And this is the main site right?:

java.com: Java + You

:)

possom2009, Apr 19, 2016
  2. JohnKH Win User

Installing java on a windows phone?

I wanna know about Windows phones. Is it possible to install and run Java? For example: A game requires to install java because the game runs on Java. Can i run Java on Internet Explorer after installation of Java?

JohnKH, Apr 19, 2016
  3. Tesla3D Win User
    Windows 10: Java 7 will not uninstall - Java 7 not showing up on Settings - causes any browser to fail Java calls

Note: Solved below

Microsoft needs a well-defined process to delete all Java on Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7) so that the latest Java can be installed.

Several State Licensing and Regulatory Affairs sites post documents to view on-line that require the latest version of Java.

Example: CORPS Redirect

Put in a company name - search to find a list of documents filed

The site fails to display the document.

Problem: Java tool identifies an old Java 7 installed and attempts to uninstall it. The Java tool errors when trying to uninstall the Java 7.

Because of Java 7, the Java 8 can not be updated either.

The Java HELP for the Java 7 uninstall error displays the steps to manually un-install Java from the Windows 10 Settings.

However, Microsoft Settings fails to even show a Java 7. The Microsoft Settings do show the old version of Java 8, but Microsoft can not manually uninstall the old version of Java 8.

This is a huge problem.

Java 7 opens up the possibility of Ransomeware or other threats.

Turning off Windows Defender when attempting to uninstall Java 7 didn't help.

The Windows Help at some points recommend Windows Store - not helpful at all.

The preference would be to completely remove all Java references at every level, then reboot and then reinstall the latest Java version.

Where can we find those procedures?

Tesla3D, Apr 19, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Java update?

Sure seems to be legit.
    Download Free Java Software

Java update? [​IMG]

simrick, Apr 19, 2016
  5. Er, is it supposed to have adware with it? I really don't remember any in the last update. *Confused

Edit: Found this:

Oracle has partnered with companies that offer various products. The installer may present you with option to install these programs when you install Java. After ensuring that the desired programs are selected, click the Next button to continue the installation.

Still don't remember it asking before...

How do I manually download and install Java for my Windows computer?

possom2009, Apr 19, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Install Unchecky and you won't have to worry about that stuff anymore.
    Java has been trying to change browser settings and install junk for a while now. *Sad
    Oh, and check your installed programs list for older versions of Java, which may need to be uninstalled manually.

simrick, Apr 19, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    @possom2009 see 1st post of this thread, it will tell you how to suppress sponsor offers. Then you can just silently update JAVA through the built in updater, with no offers from now on.

Cliff S, Apr 19, 2016
  8. Java update?

Thanks. I'll take a look.

possom2009, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Java update?

1. Java update? - Similar Threads - Java update

2. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  3. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  4. can't start any java application after update KB5031356

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't start any java application after update KB5031356: As the title description. This is the one of my system loghttps://pic.imgdb.cn/item/6531ec22c458853aef8f7e4c.png<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  5. can't start any java application after update KB5031356

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't start any java application after update KB5031356: As the title description. This is the one of my system loghttps://pic.imgdb.cn/item/6531ec22c458853aef8f7e4c.png<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  6. can't start any java application after update KB5031356

7. Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?: I've been receiving Java Update Checker notifications, with an orange Java icon going in the right side of the taskbar in the up-arrow place, but yesterday I realized that it was gone, and every time I turn on my computer, it doesn't appear anymore.Today, I turned on my...
  8. Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?

Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?: I've been receiving Java Update Checker notifications, with an orange Java icon going in the right side of the taskbar in the up-arrow place, but yesterday I realized that it was gone, and every time I turn on my computer, it doesn't appear anymore.Today, I turned on my...
  9. Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. It will not let me uninstall these two java updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It will not let me uninstall these two java updates.: Whenever I click uninstall this window pops up and I cant do anything about it. Is there some way I can force remove these two things off of my pc....