Windows 10: Java update

Discus and support Java update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I don't use Internet Explorer as a browser, do I need to update to the java update, I have a notification in my Action Center. Vishnu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vishnu Chopra, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Java update

If I don't use Internet Explorer as a browser, do I need to update to the java update, I have a notification in my Action Center.

Vishnu

:)

Vishnu Chopra, Jul 23, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Java auto update problem

I do not have Java installed in my computer.
    I googled this one for you. Hope it helps a little.

The following is an excerpt from Java own publication :
    https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

Change Automatic Update Settings
    • Find and launch the Java Control Panel
    • Click the Update tab to access the settings.
    • To enable Java Update to automatically check for updates, select the Check for Updates Automatically check box.
      To disable Java Update, deselect the Check for Updates Automatically check box.

Java update jcp-autocheck.jpg

davidhk, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Java 8, IE 11.11, Windows 10 - Java won't verify. Java control panel won't open.

Hi,

Have you downloaded the latest Java version? Let's try to eliminate software conflicts by performing a clean boot. We suggest that you try accessing Java Control Panel in a clean boot environment and see if it makes any difference. If you are able to access
    Java Control Panel in a clean boot environment, the issue might be caused by application or service interferences. You may refer to this

Microsoft article
    for more information. Follow the steps provided in the article on how to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

We also suggest that you start your PC in safe mode with networking, then try to verify Java in Internet Explorer. To start your PC is safe mode with networking, follow these steps:

• Click on the Start button, then select Settings .
    • Select Update & security > Recovery .
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Java update

Internet explorer & java

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What exactly you are trying to do with java/ do you receive any error message related to java, while trying to open Microsoft Edge?

2) Do you receive any error message when trying to open Internet Explorer?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Clear caches and cookies of Internet Explorer.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Shift + ctrl + Delete key on your keyboard.

• Mark check on cache and cookies and click on Delete button.
    Step 2: Run Printer troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Printer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Java update

1. Java update - Similar Threads - Java update

2. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  3. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  4. can't start any java application after update KB5031356

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't start any java application after update KB5031356: As the title description. This is the one of my system loghttps://pic.imgdb.cn/item/6531ec22c458853aef8f7e4c.png<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  5. can't start any java application after update KB5031356

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't start any java application after update KB5031356: As the title description. This is the one of my system loghttps://pic.imgdb.cn/item/6531ec22c458853aef8f7e4c.png<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  6. can't start any java application after update KB5031356

7. Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?: I've been receiving Java Update Checker notifications, with an orange Java icon going in the right side of the taskbar in the up-arrow place, but yesterday I realized that it was gone, and every time I turn on my computer, it doesn't appear anymore.Today, I turned on my...
  8. Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?

Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?: I've been receiving Java Update Checker notifications, with an orange Java icon going in the right side of the taskbar in the up-arrow place, but yesterday I realized that it was gone, and every time I turn on my computer, it doesn't appear anymore.Today, I turned on my...
  9. Why is my "Java Update Checker" icon gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. It will not let me uninstall these two java updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It will not let me uninstall these two java updates.: Whenever I click uninstall this window pops up and I cant do anything about it. Is there some way I can force remove these two things off of my pc....