Windows 10: Java Updates Credability

Discus and support Java Updates Credability in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello Recently I my self have been receiving 'pop up's' reminding me to update several things including a 'pop up' or GUI window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VLADDIGBY, Aug 18, 2018.

1. VLADDIGBY Win User

Java Updates Credability

Java Updates Credability 9b420fab-72ca-44f6-9e81-a74bae0469f9?upload=true.jpg

Hello

Recently I my self have been receiving 'pop up's' reminding me to update several things including a 'pop up' or GUI window asking about allowing some kind of cookie on to my hard drive. But sticking to this particular question in the image that should be attached to this post there should be an image of a Java Update 'pop up' question being is this a genuine Java update or a potential phishing attack?!? If anyone knows or has any thoughts on the matter I would appreciate any return input? The main thing that has me thinking is the quality of the graphics and lay out of the 'pop up'?

:)

VLADDIGBY, Aug 18, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Java auto update problem

I do not have Java installed in my computer.
    I googled this one for you. Hope it helps a little.

The following is an excerpt from Java own publication :
    https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

Change Automatic Update Settings
    • Find and launch the Java Control Panel
    • Click the Update tab to access the settings.
    • To enable Java Update to automatically check for updates, select the Check for Updates Automatically check box.
      To disable Java Update, deselect the Check for Updates Automatically check box.

Java Updates Credability jcp-autocheck.jpg

davidhk, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Java 8, IE 11.11, Windows 10 - Java won't verify. Java control panel won't open.

Hi,

Have you downloaded the latest Java version? Let's try to eliminate software conflicts by performing a clean boot. We suggest that you try accessing Java Control Panel in a clean boot environment and see if it makes any difference. If you are able to access
    Java Control Panel in a clean boot environment, the issue might be caused by application or service interferences. You may refer to this

Microsoft article
    for more information. Follow the steps provided in the article on how to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

We also suggest that you start your PC in safe mode with networking, then try to verify Java in Internet Explorer. To start your PC is safe mode with networking, follow these steps:

• Click on the Start button, then select Settings .
    • Select Update & security > Recovery .
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Java Updates Credability

Internet explorer & java

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What exactly you are trying to do with java/ do you receive any error message related to java, while trying to open Microsoft Edge?

2) Do you receive any error message when trying to open Internet Explorer?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Clear caches and cookies of Internet Explorer.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Shift + ctrl + Delete key on your keyboard.

• Mark check on cache and cookies and click on Delete button.
    Step 2: Run Printer troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Printer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Java Updates Credability

1. Java Updates Credability - Similar Threads - Java Updates Credability

2. Java update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java update: Receiving java update request in lower right hand corner of windows 10 screen. Is this ok to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-update/d9da0306-cde3-469a-af3a-5c507e85dc97
  3. Java update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Java update: Receiving java update request in lower right hand corner of windows 10 screen. Is this ok to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-update/d9da0306-cde3-469a-af3a-5c507e85dc97
  4. Java updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java updates?: I got a notification on my system at boot up this morning wanting me to install a java update. IIRC, in Win 7 it was suggested that java should not be run at all. Is java on Win 10 safe and should I allow updates to Java? 148758
  5. Java update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java update: Do I need a javascript update for Windows 10? I use Firefox for my browser. Lately, when I click on a link, it has started copying the link instead of opening it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-update/95faa049-eebf-4058-a7a7-62a23c04212b
  6. updating Java

updating Java: I got a message that I had to update the Java. When I went to update I got two messages. One was from Norton saying that it was a threat and the other was that Windows Edge does not support plug-ins. So do I need Java? What do I do next. Thank you BA Crowley...
  7. JAVA update

JAVA update: So I juste updated Java, last time was in 2016 because I don't like updates and for a reason. I had trouble viewing a presentation on a online course via adobe connect (which uses flash player and I thought Java update could help) and now I lost about 400gb of installed apps...
  8. Java Updates Credability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Java Updates Credability: [ATTACH] Hello Recently I my self have been receiving 'pop up's' reminding me to update several things including a 'pop up' or GUI window asking about allowing some kind of cookie on to my hard drive. But sticking to this particular question in the image that...
  9. Java update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Java update: If I don't use Internet Explorer as a browser, do I need to update to the java update, I have a notification in my Action Center. Vishnu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/java-update/4e85589e-9f85-45f2-8ddc-b2213b8a4978
  10. Java update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java update?: Just got a popup saying java has an update, version 8 update 91. Is there an update or is it fake? And this is the main site right?: java.com: Java + You 47820