Windows 10: Java Wont Install On Windows 10

Discus and support Java Wont Install On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there! I've been having a very frustrating issue with installing Java on my (fairly) new Windows 10 64-bit machine, and any assistance in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dragneel, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Dragneel Win User

Java Wont Install On Windows 10

Hello there! I've been having a very frustrating issue with installing Java on my (fairly) new Windows 10 64-bit machine, and any assistance in this matter would be so very much appreciated. I've searched all over, and posted in several tech forums searching for help, all to no avail. So any help or suggestions at all are welcome, and I am so grateful for them.
    On my previous version of Windows (Windows 7 64-bit), I had Java (32 bit and 64 bit) installed, and it worked perfectly. However, I can not for the life of me get it to install on my current machine, no matter what I do, and I have spent the better part of a week trying to find someone who's having the same issues I am, or fix the problem myself, both to no avail.
    So I turn to the experts on this forum.

To describe my problem in much greater detail:
    I downloaded the offline installer for Java 32 bit, and 64 bit, from the manual download page: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems
    Upon trying to run the 32 bit installer (which you are supposed to install first), nothing appeared to happen. So I left it for about 20 minutes, and found it still wasn't doing anything when I came back. So I brought up my task manager to check if anything was running in the background, and found "Java Platform SE Binary (32 bit)" running there. As it appeared to be doing nothing, I ended it, and tried running it again, only for the same thing (nothing) to happen.

I then tried the 64 bit installer, thinking maybe something had changed, and Windows 10 just didn't need the 32 bit version (upon later research finding that this is an incorrect assumption on my part). Same story with the 64 bit installer as well.

Frustrated, I tried to search my computer, to see if it had added anything. There were no new program entries, and no Java section in my Control Panel, but there was a new folder in my Appdata, LocalLow, called "Oracle," containing a Java folder, with a "jre1.8.0_65.msi" file.
    I tried to run the MSI file, but got the following message:
    "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
    I tried their official help on this matter: Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package
    But none of the listed steps, even all used in conjunction, did anything.

I also tried their online installer, rather than the offline one (even though I need to use the offline ones in the end, because I need 64 bit), and it had the same issues.

I tried searching all over to see if someone was having this same issue, but I could only find similar ones, and even upon trying their solutions, I still couldn't get it to work.

In short, I run the installer, and nothing happens, no window, no errors, it just runs in the background indefinitely. I have tried installing in safe-mode, verifying/repairing my system files, running the installer in all available compatibility modes and as administrator, turning off my firewall and anti-virus softwares, and nothing has worked thus far. I'm out of ideas.

Thank you very much for any and all assistance, it is much appreciated.

:)

Dragneel, Mar 11, 2016

2. jdk install won't run on windows 10

What about JAVA version 9? Oracle released that recently. JDK 9 Releases Did you try all the troubleshooting steps for installing JAVA on Windows 10? Here is a detailed article about troublesooting JAVA installations: 10 things to try when Java won't install properly

Andre Da Costa, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 11, 2016
  4. baccini Win User

Windows

• Windows 10 (8u51 and above)
    • Windows 8.x (Desktop)
    • Windows 7 SP1
    • Windows Vista SP2
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (64-bit)
    • Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 (64-bit)
    • RAM: 128 MB
    • Disk space: 124 MB for JRE; 2 MB for Java Update
    • Processor: Minimum Pentium 2 266 MHz processor
    • Browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above
    • as long as you meet these requirement it should install I would system restore to before your attempted install and try again with the 64bit if you have a 64bit system hope this is a help for you.

baccini, Mar 11, 2016
  5. Dragneel Win User
    i had windows 10 , java not working , i did a full system reset , still not working

i meet all these req

and all what happens when i attempt is :
    java appears in the processes
    2 secs laters, it's gone

Dragneel, Mar 11, 2016
  6. PJLLB Win User
    Are you tried running the downloaded installer by right clicking on it and selecting "Run as Administrator?"

PJLLB, Mar 11, 2016
  7. Dragneel Win User
    Here :

Dragneel, Mar 11, 2016
  8. GEGeek Win User

GEGeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Java Wont Install On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Java Wont Install

2. java sdk wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    java sdk wont open: When I open java it shows a black window wich instantly crashes and then nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-sdk-wont-open/6d499073-88bb-4998-bb6f-2e4baf9f89d7
  3. java sdk wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    java sdk wont open: When I open java it shows a black window wich instantly crashes and then nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-sdk-wont-open/6d499073-88bb-4998-bb6f-2e4baf9f89d7
  4. java wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    java wont work: I bought minecraft java and bedrock in microsoft store but when i try launch java i says i havent got it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-wont-work/ccc359bd-cd39-4688-a271-43f1cc1a36eb
  5. java wont work

java wont work: I bought minecraft java and bedrock in microsoft store but when i try launch java i says i havent got it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-wont-work/ccc359bd-cd39-4688-a271-43f1cc1a36eb
  6. Java Installer Wont Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Installer Wont Open: My friend and I are trying to play Minecraft. He had Minecraft before and recently upgraded to Windows 11. Now when he tries to open Minecraft he's getting error 1. He doesn't have Java installed. When he tried to install java 8 x64bit, it asked for permission he clicked yes...
  7. Java Installer Wont Open

Java Installer Wont Open: My friend and I are trying to play Minecraft. He had Minecraft before and recently upgraded to Windows 11. Now when he tries to open Minecraft he's getting error 1. He doesn't have Java installed. When he tried to install java 8 x64bit, it asked for permission he clicked yes...
  8. Java installer no extension in Windows 10

Java installer no extension in Windows 10: Hello guys,I had to do a reinstall of Windows and when I was trying to install Java, the executable appears without the .exe extension, so my PC doesn't recognize the file and I'm not able to install it.Can you please help me?Thx...
  9. Windows 10 Minecraft wont download from Java

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Minecraft wont download from Java: I finally got around to getting my free Windows 10 code after having Java for a while, but when I went to redeem it and actually download Windows 10 Edition, it says it's already been redeemed and I can't download it. What can I do?...
  10. windows 10 will not install java

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 will not install java: had to reinstall windows 10 because my computer was running so slow for some reason. Now it's fine, but will not let me install Java, and I have program that I need that uses Java. Any ideas? Thanks...