Windows 10: Java

Discus and support Java in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall Java 6 update. I have uninstalled it in programs and features, and in CCleaner, and although both say uninstall complete, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john3650, Oct 12, 2015.

1. john3650 Win User

Java

I am trying to uninstall Java 6 update. I have uninstalled it in programs and features, and in CCleaner, and although both say uninstall complete, it is still showing in program list.

Any advice on how to remove it would be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

john3650, Oct 12, 2015
  2. JohnKH Win User

Installing java on a windows phone?

I wanna know about Windows phones. Is it possible to install and run Java? For example: A game requires to install java because the game runs on Java. Can i run Java on Internet Explorer after installation of Java?

JohnKH, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Tesla3D Win User
    Windows 10: Java 7 will not uninstall - Java 7 not showing up on Settings - causes any browser to fail Java calls

Note: Solved below

Microsoft needs a well-defined process to delete all Java on Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7) so that the latest Java can be installed.

Several State Licensing and Regulatory Affairs sites post documents to view on-line that require the latest version of Java.

Example: CORPS Redirect

Put in a company name - search to find a list of documents filed

The site fails to display the document.

Problem: Java tool identifies an old Java 7 installed and attempts to uninstall it. The Java tool errors when trying to uninstall the Java 7.

Because of Java 7, the Java 8 can not be updated either.

The Java HELP for the Java 7 uninstall error displays the steps to manually un-install Java from the Windows 10 Settings.

However, Microsoft Settings fails to even show a Java 7. The Microsoft Settings do show the old version of Java 8, but Microsoft can not manually uninstall the old version of Java 8.

This is a huge problem.

Java 7 opens up the possibility of Ransomeware or other threats.

Turning off Windows Defender when attempting to uninstall Java 7 didn't help.

The Windows Help at some points recommend Windows Store - not helpful at all.

The preference would be to completely remove all Java references at every level, then reboot and then reinstall the latest Java version.

Where can we find those procedures?

Tesla3D, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Java

TairikuOkami, Oct 12, 2015
  5. john3650 Win User
    Thanks for that. Installed Revo, worked a treat.

John

john3650, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Java

1. Java - Similar Threads - Java

2. I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund: I am purchase minecraft java edition but not show my game please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-purchase-minecraft-java-edition-the-is-not/ae03bbfc-a186-46a5-a2f6-898aae9fec3e
  3. I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund: I am purchase minecraft java edition but not show my game please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-purchase-minecraft-java-edition-the-is-not/ae03bbfc-a186-46a5-a2f6-898aae9fec3e
  4. Regarding Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Java: Hello, im currently thinking of uninstalling java, is it safe to uninstall java and will it affect my laptop or my apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-java/bdea8850-1186-4f2c-83b6-276658f607de
  5. Regarding Java

Regarding Java: Hello, im currently thinking of uninstalling java, is it safe to uninstall java and will it affect my laptop or my apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-java/bdea8850-1186-4f2c-83b6-276658f607de
  6. Minecraft bedrock but no java?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock but no java?: Hello. I have a account that i am on right now that has minecraft bedrock edition but doesnt have minecraft java edition. could samebody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-but-no-java/e8c5a49d-dcf0-4e03-a6a6-8e24f49fce45
  7. Minecraft bedrock but no java?

Minecraft bedrock but no java?: Hello. I have a account that i am on right now that has minecraft bedrock edition but doesnt have minecraft java edition. could samebody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-but-no-java/e8c5a49d-dcf0-4e03-a6a6-8e24f49fce45
  8. I can't download Minecraft Java edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download Minecraft Java edition: I trying to download Java edition of minecraft to my windows 11 system. I have been able to download Bedrock Edition, but in the minecraft launcher the Java Edition still says "Buy Now". It was purchased as a bundle of both editions. Do I have to uninstall Bedrock to install...
  9. I can't download Minecraft Java edition

I can't download Minecraft Java edition: I trying to download Java edition of minecraft to my windows 11 system. I have been able to download Bedrock Edition, but in the minecraft launcher the Java Edition still says "Buy Now". It was purchased as a bundle of both editions. Do I have to uninstall Bedrock to install...
  10. Can I buy only java version of minecraft if I already own a bedrock version?

Can I buy only java version of minecraft if I already own a bedrock version?: I wanted to ask if I can somehow buy java only since its in a bundle and i already own a bedrock version.If i cant buy them seperatly, what happens if i already own a bedrock account on the mail address where i want to purchase the game? will my progress get lost or i will...