Windows 10: JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana

Discus and support JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS, the first powerful smart thermostat featuring Cortana Heating and cooling account for more than 40 percent of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana

Source: Johnson Controls utilizes Microsoft technology to expand the smart thermostat category - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Jan 3, 2018
  2. Chris44T Win User

Cortana - Connected Home

The latest update (Creators Update or whatever it's called) is supposed to include updates to Cortana that allow you to control things like your Nest thermostat. However, after successfully updating my machine, I still don't see the "Connected Home" option
    in Cortanas notebook. There are no other updates available, so how do I get this feature?

Chris44T, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Windows Update (0x8024402f) error - can't get updates

I tried the DNS solution. I was hopeful for this as I had changed my DNS on my home router to get a smart thermostat to work. Sadly, the DNS change had no effect.

Tundra Guy, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana

1. JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana - Similar Threads - JCI Microsoft reveal

2. Microsoft reveals new feature of modular Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals new feature of modular Windows 10 X: Microsoft has been working on a new operating system called Windows 10 X, and it’s destined for use on dual-screen devices and even laptops. Microsoft is apparently looking to expand Windows 10 X’s presence beyond the traditional laptop and mobile use with a new feature...
  3. Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge: Microsoft has shared the roadmap of the upcoming features and improvements for the Chromium-based Edge browser. The Edge team also revealed that feedback from testers has helped Microsoft to introduce features such as dark theme, built-in Bing Translate, privacy controls,...
  4. Cortana and GLAS

in Cortana
    Cortana and GLAS: Cortana suddenly stopped to reply to some commands regarding GLAS thermostat. Plus, on the website of the thermostat, there are no mentions that it supports Cortana. Is it a sign that MS is not going to develop Cortana?...
  5. Screenshots reveal Microsoft’s Windows 10 Cloud Reinstall feature

in Windows 10 News
    Screenshots reveal Microsoft’s Windows 10 Cloud Reinstall feature: Microsoft recently confirmed it’s working on a new feature that would allow users to reinstall Windows 10 using a system image stored in the cloud. Microsoft says references to Windows 10’s Cloud download option can be found in the preview builds of Windows 10 20H1, but the...
  6. Leak reveals Microsoft’s new Cortana experience for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveals Microsoft’s new Cortana experience for Windows 10: Cortana is getting a whole new look and easier to talk on Windows 10 with the next big update. Microsoft is focused on improving the UI for conversational experiences, which will allow you to set up things like reminders, ask for weather and more by typing. Like its Android...
  7. GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?

in Cortana
    GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?: GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP? Does anybody support windows anymore? Not even a web interface for this device. They are requiring me to buy an IOS or Android device when I already have a Windows Computer Why is there no support for Windows on a...
  8. Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat

in Cortana
    Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat: Cortana seems to have lost the ability to control my GLAS thermostat. With nothing changing on my end, commands such as: Set the thermostat to heat or Set the temperature to 74 now result in Cortana replying back "I couldn't find thermostat." or "I couldn't find...
  9. Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature: Microsoft has finally realized that the search engine in Windows 10 has the potential to break other features. Microsoft says that there were enough people turning off Windows Search to fix issues like Excessive Disk Usage. Windows Search is deeply integrated into the...
  10. Windows 10 smart thermostat is coming from Johnson Controls

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 smart thermostat is coming from Johnson Controls: The Redmond company is working with Johnson Controls on a new thermostat that runs Windows 10 IoT Core, uses Cortana voice activiation and makes use of Azure cloud services on the back end to provide insights around air quality and more. On July 19, Microsoft posted a...