Windows 10: Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows How to Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows By default in Windows, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows

How to: Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows

How to Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows

By default in Windows, the pointer is automatically hidden while typing to ensure that the pointer doesn't block your view of the text you're typing.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to automatically hide the pointer while typing for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

It is up to the application to honor this setting, so this setting may not be supported by all apps.

Here's How:

1 Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Mouse icon.

2 Click/tap on the Pointer Options tab, check (on - default) or uncheck (off) the Hide pointer while typing box under Visibility for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 8, 2017
  2. Linus Win User

Mouse settings: Hide pointer while typing has no effect

In Windows 10 there is this option called "Hide pointer while typing" under
    Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options

Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows [​IMG]

The idea behind this option makes really sense.
    However, it does not seem to have any effect on the following apps I tried. They all behave in the following ways regardless of whether this option is checked or not:

• Notepad and WordPad: Pointer is always hidden while typing.
    • Notepad++: Pointer is never hidden while typing.
    • MS Word 2016: Pointer is hidden while typing; however hitting the shift key makes it reappear, which of course happens all the time while typing resulting in a flickering pointer...

The behaviour of Word 2016 is the worst of all. While I would prefer the pointer really being hidden while typing, a pointer that is never hidden is still better than that flickering pointer!

Can anybody confirm this behaviour or knows how to resolve it?

Linus, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Hide pointer while typing won't turn off

Hi, I have been having issues on Windows 10 with the pointer disappearing / showing as fuzzy and changing position whenever the system is thinking.

I found the answer to this on other forums may be to turn off the 'hide pointer while typing' option. I did this and the problem was solved for a couple of days but is now back (I've tried turning back off and on a couple of times but no improvement).

Is there another fix to this that anyone knows?

tradervic78, Oct 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

What is the "Hide pointer while typing" feature?

Hi IrBlueSky

Usually when using a PC you have a pointer (arrow head)

When you type, you then have a cursor, like a large capital I

The 'Hide the pointer' is an option that will hide the pointer so it does not interfere with your typing at the cursor position . . .

Honestly it is one of those settings they added to Windows many years ago, that is of little use to anyone . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Hide pointer while typing won't turn off

We'd like to confirm if you've already tried changing the pointer size of your mouse if this would make any difference? If you haven't tried this yet, you can change it by clicking
    Start, type pointer, and select Change the mouse pointer size.

Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows b364d2a3-3ebb-4fa8-b368-e94c3c96eb54?upload=true.png

In addition, we'd like to know the Windows build and version
    currently running on the device and all the other troubleshooting steps you've already attempted to resolve the pointer issue.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 26, 2019
  6. PI_Daniel Win User
    What is the "Hide pointer while typing" feature?

Hello,

What is the "Hide pointer while typing" feature? How does this feature work?

I can't understand what is the feature and How I can test it?

Thanks

PI_Daniel, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Hide Pointer While Typing in Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off Hide

2. "Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications: I would like to highlight this feature, since my pointer is ALWAYS where I am about to type textboxes, programming, forms filing etc.Toggle location: Mouse Properties > Pointer Options > "Hide pointer while typing" settingSeems like Microsoft abandoned development of this...
  3. "Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications: I would like to highlight this feature, since my pointer is ALWAYS where I am about to type textboxes, programming, forms filing etc.Toggle location: Mouse Properties > Pointer Options > "Hide pointer while typing" settingSeems like Microsoft abandoned development of this...
  4. The pointer doesnt hide when ı am typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    The pointer doesnt hide when ı am typing: fare ayarlarında "hide pointer while typing" aktif olmasına rağmen yazı yazarken fare yok olmuyor bir çözümü var mıdır ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-pointer-doesnt-hide-when-%C4%B1-am-typing/4df43cf1-12b0-4eb6-8b41-3a4884ebb5bd
  5. What is the "Hide pointer while typing" feature?

What is the "Hide pointer while typing" feature?: Hello, What is the "Hide pointer while typing" feature? How does this feature work? I can't understand what is the feature and How I can test it? Thanks...
  6. Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.

Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.: I am trying to find out how to stop the autosnap function of the mouse pointer while I am typing. It seems to occur everywhere but here. Where do you adjust this function?...
  7. hide pointer while typing doesn't work?

hide pointer while typing doesn't work?: I cannot get my cursor to disappear while typing. It is really messing with a few programs I use. - Yes, I double checked the mouse settings; hide pointer while typing is checked. - Drivers are all up to date with none of them recently being updated to change anything. I...
  8. Mouse settings: Hide pointer while typing has no effect

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse settings: Hide pointer while typing has no effect: In Windows 10 there is this option called "Hide pointer while typing" under Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options [img] The idea behind this option makes really sense. However, it does not seem to have any effect on the following apps I tried. They all behave in...
  9. Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows [img] Information Enhance pointer precision is a form of pointer acceleration that determines how fast the pointer moves in response to movements of the mouse or finger on a touchpad. The MouseSpeed,...
  10. Turn On or Off Display Pointer Trails in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Display Pointer Trails in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Display Pointer Trails in Windows [img] Information To help improve the visibility of the pointer in Windows, you can enable to display pointer trails. This will show an adjustable trail behind the pointer whenever you move it. This tutorial will...