Windows 10: jpeg association program link keeps resetting

Discus and support jpeg association program link keeps resetting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; good day thank you for helping in advance jpeg association program link keeps resetting, right click jpeg , properties, general - opens with - i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by honsbeek, Jun 8, 2018.

1. honsbeek Win User

jpeg association program link keeps resetting

good day

thank you for helping in advance

jpeg association program link keeps resetting,

right click jpeg , properties, general - opens with - i choose windows photo viewer and save and exit

works fine , after a while or restart it get reset to basic picture view [windows 10 version]

how can i make it permanent?

thanks

ralph

:)

honsbeek, Jun 8, 2018

2. Change file association back to unknown program in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Create a new file with any extension and save it on any location.

2) Next Open Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the default programs icon.

3) Click/tap on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    link.

4) Either double click/tap on the file extension or protocol, or click/tap on the file extension or protocol and click/tap on the
    Change Program button of the one you want to change the "current default' program association of.

5) If the program you want to associate is not listed, then click/tap on the
    More Options
    link if available.

6) Click/tap on a listed program that you want to associate.

7) If you associated a program, then you will see this below as "Set Associations" updates and reloads.

8) Once it is done go back to the file which you have created and delete the file.

9) Go to default programs and refresh the set association programs. It should show as other unknown.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

jpeg association program link keeps resetting

1. jpeg association program link keeps resetting - Similar Threads - jpeg association program

2. Resetting PC, Keeping Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting PC, Keeping Programs: I want to reset my Windows 11 and keep my programs and files, how do I do that? I can choose from System > Recovery > Reset this PC but it only keeps the files, not programs. What can I do?...
  3. Resetting PC, Keeping Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting PC, Keeping Programs: I want to reset my Windows 11 and keep my programs and files, how do I do that? I can choose from System > Recovery > Reset this PC but it only keeps the files, not programs. What can I do?...
  4. Is there any covert JPEG + HEIC program

Is there any covert JPEG + HEIC program: I recently took some pictures with my iPhone and all the pictures came as HEIC format. I need to convert them to JPEG in order to work with them. Does Microsoft offers any program to converter them to JPEG format? Thank you,...
  5. Associate a Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Associate a Program: I have Ashampoo Burning Studio. When I had this program in my Win 7 O/S, I would insert the blank disk and I would get a menu asking which program I would like to use. when I installed Windows 10, I no longer get the menu. Instead I get a Message stating - "This file...
  6. associate a mail program

in Windows 10 Customization
    associate a mail program: Hello Trying to e-mail a photo on my desktop. I get an error message: This action cannot be performed. Associate a mail program with this type of file... How can I do that? If someone answers, where can I find the answer? My e-mail address is : *** Email address is...
  7. There is no email program associated

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is no email program associated: How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel." There is no Default Programs in the control...
  8. Unable to remove Program Associations

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to remove Program Associations: After not being able to open links from Steam or Skype using Chrome, I tried to remove the program associations for Chrome. However, it appears that I cannot unselect boxes currently selected. [img] This bug also persists to other programs. For example, if I try to...
  9. Links/associations not working

Links/associations not working: Today on Windows 10 I find that links (*.lnk) will not open. I get the message: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  10. File Association to Programs

File Association to Programs: Hello, Some programs on the pc were not installed with the installer - they are portable zip files, I unziped them into a folder, made a shortcut to the desktop and they work fine for me. They are not listed in the 'installed programs' list. I am trying to associate...