Windows 10: Jpg image invalid after taking ownership

Discus and support Jpg image invalid after taking ownership in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I transferred all my photos from an old backup when my computer crashed to a new computer. I had to run a take-ownership program because of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Retire99, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Retire99 Win User

Jpg image invalid after taking ownership

Hi I transferred all my photos from an old backup when my computer crashed to a new computer. I had to run a take-ownership program because of a change in user names. Most files were OK but there are still quite a lot them return an Invalid Image message. I've tried different photo viewing programs, renaming the files (all jpg) running Microsoft's WSReset program, all to no avail. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

:)

Retire99, Aug 27, 2018

2. Take Ownership

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Take Ownership Takes Over

I used a .reg file to add "Take Ownership" to my right click context menu, but now it's at the top of the list in BOLD and it automatically executes when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer (not other file explorers), instead of the folder simply
    opening (SIGH) How can I make Take Ownership just a regular choice?

JamesDodds14, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Jpg image invalid after taking ownership

How to "take ownership"?

I’ve found a small solution to hide the smiley icon. It doesn’t disable the button, it only renders the icon invisible.
    This is what I did:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and find ieframe.dll
    • Take ownership and give administrators full control
    • ...snip...
    • Save the file and copy it back to C:\Windows\System32

So, the question is how to take "control" - I seem to still be getting permission denied errors when copying the file back to c:\Windows\System32?

Okay so it seems that after taking ownership and giving adminstrators control, I got further - I had to also explicitly set the file permission. It did let me copy my modified .dll over the ieframe.dll, but now IE does not start up! Luckily I am running this in a VM so can revert to an earlier snapshot, but there does seem to be some fundamental step that I am missing!

GerhardusVanG, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Jpg image invalid after taking ownership

1. Jpg image invalid after taking ownership - Similar Threads - Jpg image invalid

2. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  3. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  4. Taking over the ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. No option to take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...
  6. No option to take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...
  7. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  8. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  9. Cant take ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant take ownership: So my problem started when i was on my steam and i was downloading a game onto my (D:) drive, it gave me a error message saying folder not writable. I narrowed the problem down to making steam folder in my (D:) drive not read only, but every time i try to, i get an error...
  10. Issues after taking ownership of C:\

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues after taking ownership of C:\: Hi there. I've been rather stupid and transferred ownership of C:\, including system32, to my account (the administrator and only user). While I would instantly switch it back, due to an unrelated reason I restarted my computer (Surface Pro 4). Since then I've done research...