Windows 10: July Windows Update problem: "Managed by Other Organisations"

Discus and support July Windows Update problem: "Managed by Other Organisations" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My July Update today was stuck because one of the updates was said to be 'managed by another organisation' - I forget the exact wording & my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

July Windows Update problem: "Managed by Other Organisations"

My July Update today was stuck because one of the updates was said to be 'managed by another organisation' - I forget the exact wording & my screen print failed, but it's in red and I believe it refers to Apps installed by an employer, school and suchlike.

None of my Apps are in this category - is there any way that I can get rid of whatever's causing this message & blockage, please?

:)

Taffy087, Jul 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 update July 2017

Hello Meg,

it will tell you it was they last update on the computer. It should be the first recover option on the list, I only had one option to select.

Although my backup date was July 17, 2017.

Yours may be similar?

good luck Meg!

jeffreyalthouse, Jul 12, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 12, 2018
  4. July Windows Update problem: "Managed by Other Organisations"

Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

July Windows Update problem: "Managed by Other Organisations"

1. July Windows Update problem: "Managed by Other Organisations" - Similar Threads - July Update problem

2. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  3. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  4. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Policies - Managed by a fictitious organisation!: After what seems to be yet another flawed Windows Update, I seem to have gained 'Some settings are managed by your organisation' for Update Policies that have changed my Windows Update operations. Not set by me as I do not belong to any 'Organisation' or on anyone's Corporate...
  6. Setting Managed by Organisation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Managed by Organisation: I was given a laptop by my mom which was given to her by the company she used to work for. The company heavily restricted settings on the laptop, for example, I can't change the User information to my name, Windows account or even set a new password. I'm using a Dell laptop...
  7. Settings managed by organisation!!!!!

Settings managed by organisation!!!!!: [ATTACH] What is this setting even in MS edge I'm seeing this ... how to fix it. i have windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-managed-by-organisation/69c8dc31-a2db-4661-9962-5669e4424231
  8. July 2020 Windows Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    July 2020 Windows Update Problems: My computer Dell XPS 8700 is set to install Windows updates overnight. Lately, almost every Windows update seems to cause issues but the July 2020 update is the worst. It appears that the update did not complete itself so many programs error message - application was unable...
  9. Problem managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem managed by your organisation: I got windows v1803 that is managed by an unknown organisation...its stated that my windows defender is managed by my organization... But am a solo user...how do u fix this...
  10. Windows Update Settings Managed by Organisation

Windows Update Settings Managed by Organisation: Hi folks, I'm at the end of my rope here. When I go to Windows Update settings, it shows that "Some settings are managed by your organisation". When I check the configured update policies, it shows there's a bunch of "Mobile Device Management" type policies set by...