Windows 10: Junk appearing in Windows 10 Photos

Discus and support Junk appearing in Windows 10 Photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Many thanks for allowing me to join this forum. I have been using the Windows 10 Photo storage for my own pictures, but I am getting a lot of junk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boatman128, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Junk appearing in Windows 10 Photos

Many thanks for allowing me to join this forum.

I have been using the Windows 10 Photo storage for my own pictures, but I am getting a lot of junk and images appearing with my photos, and I just cant stop them, or delete them, as it tells me I do not have permission to delete, or they are being used elsewhere.

can you please advise, how I can stop this happening, and how I can delete all of those that have migrated in already.

:)

boatman128, Feb 15, 2018

2. Windows Photo is suddenly 'importing' odd or gray photos that I do not want and it won't let me delete them

I had to reset the Windows Photo app. Fortunately I did not lose any of my saved photos. However, now all the 'junk' is gone. I did this by going to settings, then to trouble-shooting, then to the Windows Store and then scrolling to "Photos" and asking
    it to reset. Simple but frustrating after spending hours trying to delete the 'junk' that kept appearing in Windows Photo. But all OK now!

JudyCondino, Feb 15, 2018
  3. jmdraft0 Win User
    Is it possible to delete multiple photos in Photos app on Windows 10?

Photos – Windows 10: As it is, it’s only good for a few simple tasks. Why not make it more useful e.g. it could be a way to cull junk. But clicking one item at a time is tedious and time consuming. To be good for this, enable
    multiple selections at once and then delete. Or is there a way to do this that I’m missing?

Original title: Photos – Windows 10.......cull junk

jmdraft0, Feb 15, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Junk appearing in Windows 10 Photos

Hello boatman128 and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

I am guessing that you have somehow included a number of different locations from where the Photo App finds images. Normally it will just look in your pictures folder and perhaps also the OneDrive Pictures folder.

You can check this by looking in Settings in the Photo App (click on the three dots at the top right of the Photo app window). Check which Sources are included and adjust as necessary.

philc43, Feb 15, 2018
  5. Hi,

I have checked sources, and am really only using C; Users and C. It did indicate One Drive, but I have deleted it as I don't use it.

boatman128, Feb 15, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    If it is looking across the whole of the C:\ drive then it will find all sorts of junk. You need to make sure it only looks in your image locations.

philc43, Feb 15, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    If you are letting Photos look at the whole of C: it's unsurprising it finds a lot of odd images. Mine is restricted to just C:\Users\<my name>\Pictures and C:\Users\Public\Pictures, which I think was the default.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Junk appearing in Windows 10 Photos

1. Junk appearing in Windows 10 Photos - Similar Threads - Junk appearing Photos

2. In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?: I am attempting to clean any personal data from my laptop so that I can give it away. I have deleted all photos from the "pictures" folder. HOWEVER, when I click the "windows" key there is a portion of the screen titled "Life at a glance" which shows my photos in the "Photo"...
  3. In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?: I am attempting to clean any personal data from my laptop so that I can give it away. I have deleted all photos from the "pictures" folder. HOWEVER, when I click the "windows" key there is a portion of the screen titled "Life at a glance" which shows my photos in the "Photo"...
  4. Mass deleting junk photos from the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mass deleting junk photos from the photos app: So I have a lot of junk photos on my pc but most of them can only be accessed by the photos app. Is there any way I can mass delete these or do I have to click each photo one by one? submitted by /u/iSYTOfficialX7 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Mail - no junk folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail - no junk folder: I have set up Windows 10 mail to access my Sky/Yahoo email accounts. In W 10 mail I do not have a junk folder in the list of folders. Where do I get it please? Thanks Phil...
  6. Windows 10 mail desktop app - sent emails appearing in junk folder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 mail desktop app - sent emails appearing in junk folder: Hello, I am using the windows 10 mail desktop app and have an issue with my sent mail. When I send an email, rather than appearing in sent mail folder it appears in my junk mail folder. If I then mark it as 'not junk' it copies the sent email to my inbox, archive and sent...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App Images do not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App Images do not appear: I keep all my photos on a network drive and have added the photo folder to the Photos app under sources. However, none of those photos appear under the Collection tab in Photos. When I click on the Folders tab, I can see the folder I added under sources and when I click on...
  8. junk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    junk: Why am I getting a lot of junk mail all of a sudden on the Mail App. ?? Thank you!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk/2800df38-f6eb-4da8-a08e-a6126be6ae63
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Junk Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail and Junk Mail: I hope someone can help me with this cos it's driving me nuts! after getting several emails from Microsoft to start using the Windows 10 Mail that came with W10, I finally got it set up. I do like it, but it's a little frustrating to use compared to my old Live Mail app. I...
  10. Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Junk not junk: Hi, lots of mail going into the junk folder is not junk. I have looked for solutions and on the Help info. it says whilst the mail is displayed, select Home> etc etc ............................but where is the Home tab ? 38276