Windows 10: Just a curious observation.

Discus and support Just a curious observation. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dell laptop running Win 10 Pro Insider Preview Acer laptop running Win 10 Home RTM I am used to set the date in this format.................. eg.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davidhk, Feb 28, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Just a curious observation.

Dell laptop running Win 10 Pro Insider Preview

Acer laptop running Win 10 Home RTM

I am used to set the date in this format.................. eg. 2/28/2016............M/d/yyyy

My Acer has different formats which do not allow me to do that. It does not have M/d/yyyy

I ended up choosing 2/28/16 ....................M/dd/yy

I wonder if it is due to different computer manufacturers or Win 10 versions.

Just a curious observation. [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Feb 28, 2016
  2. farby Win User

Just curious...

Not sure but the message may be related to the OS of the Phone not PC..

As in case of most applications / softwares a reboot of the system on which it is installed is required for the application to get FULLY installed and run properly..If the OVI Suite is run without rebooting the PC after its installation..the installation
    is not COMPLETE.. and that can have adverse effects on any phone that is connected to the PC...

farby, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Lanha Win User
    Just curious...

After the installation of Ovi PC Suite and disagreeing to a reboot, it displays a message that connecting device to a computer without the reboot can cause serious problems with OS [I don't know what the exact message is, I'm translating it from my language].
    Just curious, what problems can it cause and why? And I don't want an answer like just "Windows destablilization" - something more specific would be very much appreciated.

Lanha, Feb 28, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Probably due to the 2 different W10 versions. My W10 Insider has the same options as your Dell.

simrick, Feb 28, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

1 of 2 confirmed.
    Now need someone with an Acer Aspire.

davidhk, Feb 28, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    What is curious is the EU/RoW version is as you would expect.

Why does US use the illogical month day year order anyway?

I often use yymmdd (reverse order) as part of file name and then when you sort files alphabetically, files are in date order.

This does not work if (reverse) US format is used.

cereberus, Feb 28, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    The format options in Settings > Time & Language > Region & Language are quite limited and can vary on different systems. However, you can always modify the time and date formats by selecting Additional date, time & regional settings:

(Click screenshot to pop up, click again to enlarge.)

Notice that in Customize format dialog you don't have to accept the drop down menu options; instead you can also enter your preferred formats manually.

8. davidhk Win User

Thank you, Kari.

That works..............................

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just a curious observation. - Similar Threads - curious observation

2. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  3. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  4. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I feel curious when I turn off windows xp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I feel curious when I turn off windows xp: Guys I want to ask why I had updates everytime I shuts the windows xp??I didn't even install any updates,not even a viruses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-curious-when-i-turn-off-windows-xp/4e548569-8a5d-40b8-a1ba-c498ba2d0a7e
  6. I feel curious when I turn off windows xp

I feel curious when I turn off windows xp: Guys I want to ask why I had updates everytime I shuts the windows xp??I didn't even install any updates,not even a viruses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-curious-when-i-turn-off-windows-xp/4e548569-8a5d-40b8-a1ba-c498ba2d0a7e
  7. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  8. I am just curious.

I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  9. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Curious question about Old OEM Keys on Windows XP

Curious question about Old OEM Keys on Windows XP: My first PC was in October 2002 I as a curious question about OEM Keys I basically got my question answered I understand there tied to the motherboard and doesn’t matter often you use the PC or how long you leave the PC off for you’ll still receive updates. But this time its...