Windows 10: Just a question about visual customization relating window boarders

Discus and support Just a question about visual customization relating window boarders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got my upgrade today and it was from windows 7. Just a heads up, I have not used windows 8 or 8.1, so this thread may be a very easy solve.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NurdAtHeart, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Just a question about visual customization relating window boarders

I got my upgrade today and it was from windows 7. Just a heads up, I have not used windows 8 or 8.1, so this thread may be a very easy solve.

Anyways, as everyone should know, in windows 7 you were able to change the boarder colour of the windows themselves. Just in case i am unclear as to what i am talking about, the boarders for Windows 10 at the moment are plain white, and can be changed to black/blue/purple in the "Theme" section under "Appearance and Personalization" tab in the control panel as the "high contrast" themes. All i was wondering is this: when do you believe there will be more freedom to the customization capabilities, and would it look more like windows 7, 8, or something different? Because at the moment, the colour that you choose for your theme is only a very thin line outlining the boarder.

:)

NurdAtHeart, Aug 6, 2015
  2. tubago Win User

Just a question about Nokia 6510

I just made a call and the same happened! Im using the battery on the 7250 again and im gonna use it for a while. It seems it is a phone probem. Anyone know if fixing it is expensive? expensive = its cheaper to buy a new phone

tubago, Aug 6, 2015
  3. tubago Win User
    Just a question about Nokia 6510

But. There isnt any problem using a battery with abhigher voltage? Thats what worrying me at this moment. This battery seems to work better. But i'll test it and then ill leave a comment if this battery works fine Just a question about visual customization relating window boarders :)

tubago, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Just a question about visual customization relating window boarders

Well I feel a little silly now ;P

I was in the middle of using my computer as normal and I got a small notification from Cortana while trying to open my control panel. This notification brought me to a larger settings window (more or less a modified control panel, perhaps specific to windows-10?) where I noticed some more personalization settings. Long behold, I was able to find what I was looking for.

NurdAtHeart, Aug 15, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    Yah they hid it deep in the Settings tile. Glad you found it.

They have a debug version of Aero for Windows 10, I've been using that, it works nicely with the Automatic Border colours. The only issue is the debug window which can't be closed, but it's a debug version. I'm hoping they eventually release it. But you can get the debug version from here. To get it installed, I put in the Windows 8.1 version, closed the AeroGlass app, then moved all of the files from the zip into the folder and rebooted. It looks great.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Just a question about visual customization relating window boarders

1. Just a question about visual customization relating window boarders - Similar Threads - question visual customization

2. Question about Taskbar expansion and minimization customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Taskbar expansion and minimization customization: I noticed earlier that Microsoft Security Essentials in my taskbar in the lower right was missing. So I messed around in it and now can't get it back to where the icons were kept in an expansion area. I'm not really sure how to describe this except to say that after messing...
  3. Question about Windows Custom Themes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows Custom Themes: I have a question about custom windows 10 themes using UxThemePatcher. So I want a flat dark theme and downloaded a few I really like. Everything is perfect BUT every theme deactivate the tabs in windows explorer. The tabs on top where you can quickly change the view and...
  4. Mouse without boarders questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse without boarders questions: Lets say I have 4 computers, one with Win10 the others with Win7. I hook up the Win10 computer in one room of the house. The Win7 computers are in other rooms. I have them all hooked together on a LAN. Questions Can I boot the Win7 computers without them having monitors or...
  5. Question about custom resolution

Question about custom resolution: I have a laptop with native resolution at 1366x768 native. I set two custom resolutions on Nvidia panel, they are 1600x900 and 1920x1080 to have a better use of the screen space. It works good but the letters get weird/blurry. I understand that it is related with pixel...
  6. Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer

Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer: Hi all, I've installed UltraUXThemePatcher and the custom theme DarkTen, as there are some programs like qBittorrent with no built in dark mode and they burn my eyes. My understanding (based on guides like this one) is that you also need to install OldNewExplorer. However,...
  7. Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes: Hello, i've recently updated to the latest version of W10 and was wondering, where the location of my current or pre-installation of c++ runtime is? I've checked the the obvious programs and apps but only found the 2008 runtime, so back to my question, since i don't know if...
  8. Just a small question about Steam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just a small question about Steam: Just wanted to know if my Windows 10 laptop with nothing extra on it, (e.g. extra storage, not including apps) could run Portal 1. Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-small-question-about-steam/7e259984-551d-4e8b-8d98-7528116a0a87
  9. Crazy question about customizing sounds for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Crazy question about customizing sounds for windows 10?: I have recently bagan Customizing my desktop a bit. And I have changed my background as well as my lock screen and also my colors for my taskbar plus I have even changed my folder icons as well as my file type icons and so far things are going acording to plan so now I'm...
  10. Just a question about pricing

in Windows 10 Support
    Just a question about pricing: How much US dollars is Windows 10 64-bit Pro and Windows 10 64-bit Home? 42487