Windows 10: Just an alert, not a deal-breaking issue

Discus and support Just an alert, not a deal-breaking issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just installed a National Geographic Maps on my 64-bit Win10, a set of maps on 8 CDs. An issue came up when starting the program that the opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Berton, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Berton Win User

Just an alert, not a deal-breaking issue

I just installed a National Geographic Maps on my 64-bit Win10, a set of maps on 8 CDs. An issue came up when starting the program that the opening video can't play as QuickTime is not installed. So I went to Apple to get QuickTime [version 7] and found it is not available for Win8.1 or Win10, only for WinVista and Win7. Kind of a bummer for working with .mov files, I have the Pro version on my Win7 and can do some things with the .mov files. BUT, the program will run without the video which meets my usage, I just changed the shortcut to the actual .exe file bypassing that 'goody'.

:)

Berton, Aug 31, 2015
  2. [Epstein] Win User

Nokia Drive - why no Speed camera alerts?

I am just wondering why people needs the speed camera alert if they are not breaking the law...

[Epstein], Aug 31, 2015
  3. Tom_g35 Win User
    Cortana quiet hours WP10

Hi, thanks for the reply

The issue is that alerts for incoming emails and appointment reminders break through (including ones set by other people).

this didn't happen with version 8.1

Tom_g35, Aug 31, 2015
  4. RWOne Win User

RWOne, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    I have not encountered problems using Quicktime 7.7.6 with Windows, also with versions newer than Windows 7.

The newer versions, e.g. Quicktime 7.7.8 did not work on Windows 10 for me. Try with 7.7.6 - works for me! Just an alert, not a deal-breaking issue :)

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Just an alert, not a deal-breaking issue - Similar Threads - alert deal breaking

2. Support for dealing with OneDrive issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Support for dealing with OneDrive issues: I've expended quite a bit of time researching how to purchase the space to continue to use Excel and Word, applications that I need to use daily. I've moved all the files that are not Office related to external devices. But I still see warnings about OneDrive usage greater...
  3. Support for dealing with OneDrive issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support for dealing with OneDrive issues: I've expended quite a bit of time researching how to purchase the space to continue to use Excel and Word, applications that I need to use daily. I've moved all the files that are not Office related to external devices. But I still see warnings about OneDrive usage greater...
  4. Support for dealing with OneDrive issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...: Trying to install Java. yesterday's install was interrupted. Now when I try to install Java I get an error alert."Another java installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before you can run this installer". But there is no installation going on....
  6. How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...: Trying to install Java. yesterday's install was interrupted. Now when I try to install Java I get an error alert."Another java installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before you can run this installer". But there is no installation going on....
  7. How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I deal with a 'remediation incomplete' security alert?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I deal with a 'remediation incomplete' security alert?: My Windows Defender notifies me that it has detected Trojan Malware TrojanDownloader:JS/MalScript/Ab!.MSR on my PC -Windows 10. It says this ‘severe threat’ has been tackled and there are no current threats - but the ‘remeditation is incomplete’, with a reference to the...
  9. Windows Defender - not block anything but just alert

Windows Defender - not block anything but just alert: Hi,I am trying to configure Windows Defender on a Machine not connected to the internet, high availability so that it only alerts via EventViewer\WindowsDefender\Oparational when found a threat but doesn't block, delete or quarantine it or otherwise makes the file unusable. I...
  10. Security Alert issue

Security Alert issue: Getting this security alert daily, not sure what it's for. I've searched the website in the alert but nothing shows up. Win10x64 1909 18363.1139. 169891