Windows 10: Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

Discus and support Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi What can I do? The mousepad disappears from use after a short time of being restarted, if the screen snoozes it disappears. I can't even go in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kezzabelle, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

Hi What can I do?

The mousepad disappears from use after a short time of being restarted, if the screen snoozes it disappears. I can't even go in and re-enable it.

Is this a fault with the update or the computer. It was working fine before the update though.

Please help it drives me crazy

ceers

:)

Kezzabelle, Aug 10, 2018

2. Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?

I have the same problem except I am using Windows 10 (fully updated) on an HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC and the steps described do not work on my computer. I am using a microsoft mouse and would love to diable the touchpad when the mouse is connected (I
    used to be able to do this....).

JamesSullivan007, Aug 10, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

Windows 10 touchpad and mouse not working.

Hello David,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Touchpad and Mouse not working. We will certainly help you.

• Does the issue occurred for First using Microsoft Word or this issue occurs only when using Microsoft Word?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried restarting your system and check if the issue persists?

This issue might have occurred due to faulty or corrupted Touchpad and Mouse drivers. Let's try updating the drivers and check if it helps:

Step 1: Follow the steps to update drivers:

1. Right click in the Start button.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Click on the Touchpad and Mouse device and expand it.

4. Right click on the devices and select update drivers.

Step 2: If the issue persists,
    uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

1. Press
    Windows key + R key.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In device manager go to the touchpad and Mouse devices.

4. Right click and
    uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

For reference:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

1. Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables - Similar Threads - did update lenovoyoga

2. Just reseted my pc and updated it to Windows 10, mouse still freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just reseted my pc and updated it to Windows 10, mouse still freezes: I uninstalled and reinstalled and plug the wired mouse. The don’t work. I thought reseting my pc will work. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-reseted-my-pc-and-updated-it-to-windows-10/61118c79-a8bd-449e-9775-7d69697c069f
  3. touchpad to mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad to mouse: I need help. I recently connected/paired my Logitech bluetooth mouth to my laptop for school work purposes. Though, I do not want to have to carry it around everywhere i go for class. So how would I be able to switch from the Logitech bluetooth mouse to using my touchpad and...
  4. Did I just fry my front USB ports?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did I just fry my front USB ports?: I tried charging a new el cheapo bluetooth speaker on my front USB 3.0 port on my PC. It didn't seem to be charging correctly, as the charge light brightness varied if you wiggled the cord. I moved it to the other front USB 3.0 port, and it was doing the same thing, so I left...
  5. Update KB4338825 causes my touchpad mouse to produce lag everytime it moves

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4338825 causes my touchpad mouse to produce lag everytime it moves: Now i'm practically forced to go into an uninstall battle with the update and the one beyond because it'll literally make my machine a pain to use. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?...
  6. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone: I used the troubleshooter and it is saying that there might be a problem with driver for the wifi adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!...
  7. Did my Windows 10 Activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did my Windows 10 Activate?: So in short my pc stopped working after I downloaded win10 fine and used the reset option. However before I downloaded win10 I had the %Windows~ .BT file which from what I understood was Windows 10 already downloaded and just waiting for the 29th to hit (This was like a hour...
  8. Updated to windows 10 and now my mouse and keyboard are not working

Updated to windows 10 and now my mouse and keyboard are not working: I get to the splash screen and I have no mouse or keyboard functions. When I go I to bios the keyboard works but not the mouse. I have bought a new set of wired mouse and keyboard being the original ones were wireless. I need help 84704
  9. Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?: *MadEver since install..all 3 pc's have been acting weird....won't sleep or shut down properly, random crashes, go away 30 min. and when I come back, all my icons are huge...???? and just now my Desk Top just powered off and it's completely DEAD!!!. No lights on the MB,...
  10. Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 now having this issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 now having this issue: I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and now as I add my software for programs I use I am finding that whenever my mouse isn't on for an exaple a email I am starting and I move my mouse off the email it goes to the back. I then have to minimize my current window to see the...