Windows 10: Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

Discus and support Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi What can I do? The mousepad disappears from use after a short time of being restarted, if the screen snoozes it disappears. I can't even go in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kezzabelle, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

Hi What can I do?

The mousepad disappears from use after a short time of being restarted, if the screen snoozes it disappears. I can't even go in and re-enable it.

Is this a fault with the update or the computer. It was working fine before the update though.

Please help it drives me crazy

ceers

:)

Kezzabelle, Aug 10, 2018

2. Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?

I have the same problem except I am using Windows 10 (fully updated) on an HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC and the steps described do not work on my computer. I am using a microsoft mouse and would love to diable the touchpad when the mouse is connected (I
    used to be able to do this....).

JamesSullivan007, Aug 10, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

Windows 10 touchpad and mouse not working.

Hello David,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Touchpad and Mouse not working. We will certainly help you.

• Does the issue occurred for First using Microsoft Word or this issue occurs only when using Microsoft Word?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried restarting your system and check if the issue persists?

This issue might have occurred due to faulty or corrupted Touchpad and Mouse drivers. Let's try updating the drivers and check if it helps:

Step 1: Follow the steps to update drivers:

1. Right click in the Start button.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Click on the Touchpad and Mouse device and expand it.

4. Right click on the devices and select update drivers.

Step 2: If the issue persists,
    uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

1. Press
    Windows key + R key.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In device manager go to the touchpad and Mouse devices.

4. Right click and
    uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

For reference:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

1. Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables - Similar Threads - did update lenovoyoga

2. Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work: Windows just had an update and now my keyboard and mouse don't work but they work in bios iv tried changing ports and nothing iv tried different mouse and keyboad and nothing seems to work can someone help me please...
  3. Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work: Windows just had an update and now my keyboard and mouse don't work but they work in bios iv tried changing ports and nothing iv tried different mouse and keyboad and nothing seems to work can someone help me please...
  4. Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working

Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working: before it was working ,my bios setting usb legacy mode turned on,my keyboard and mouse is working in recovery mode,i also tried using other mouse and keyboard ,tried using other ports still not working in setup page...
  6. Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey i just reset my windows 10 now my keyboard and mouse not working: before it was working ,my bios setting usb legacy mode turned on,my keyboard and mouse is working in recovery mode,i also tried using other mouse and keyboard ,tried using other ports still not working in setup page...
  7. Windows 10 thinks my touchpad is a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 thinks my touchpad is a mouse: I'm running a surface pro 2017 with a Surface Keyboard and Touchpad and recently the touchpad stopped having the ability to scroll with two fingers. I searched it up on the web and found some methods involving device manager, and when I went into it, it displayed mouse...
  8. Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?

Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?: My Toshiba Satellite laptop completely died before my very eyes this morning. My browser began running slower and slower until the screen just froze. I tried to reboot, but with the frozen display the start menu refused to come up when I clicked the little window icon in the...
  9. My hp did a update and now my wheel on my touchpad does not work. can't scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My hp did a update and now my wheel on my touchpad does not work. can't scroll: My hp did a update and now my wheel on my touchpad does not work. can't scroll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-did-a-update-and-now-my-wheel-on-my-touchpad/00a4a9ab-2116-4a91-839a-ccc0c37b85e9
  10. diable touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    diable touchpad: on my hp laptop cannot disable touchpad when mouse attached. no choice available anywhere. windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diable-touchpad/0106de28-326d-483d-aec1-3d796daa3abc