Windows 10: Just downloaded Windows 10 Update ... which one is it

Discus and support Just downloaded Windows 10 Update ... which one is it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had Windows 10 Anniversary on my secondary laptop since last spring. Wanting to get the Fall Update that became available at the beginning of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maggidon, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Maggidon Win User

Just downloaded Windows 10 Update ... which one is it

I have had Windows 10 Anniversary on my secondary laptop since last spring. Wanting to get the Fall Update that became available at the beginning of the 17th of this month, I took it upon myself to download it manually. I went to the Microsoft site and clicked on Windows 10 Creators Update now available. Nothing happened. So I clicked on the Create Windows 10 installation media and downloaded what I thought to be the Fall update.
    But now I have it downloaded and ready to go, I'm wondering what I have. Is it the actual Fall update or have I simply downloaded the Anniversary update again?
    Whichever one I have, it's sitting there on that computer ready to be installed or I can decline. Is there a way to know exactly or what do you folks suggest for me to do? If it is indeed but the Anniversary update, will it hurt to reinstall it or should I decline?

:)

Maggidon, Oct 16, 2017

2. when I just downloaded Feb 92016 updates. one of the sec. updates removed the firewall. and it will not reset

As I stated before. I finally got the Asus all in one to come back up and run properly. But it did it again when windows tried to reload updates.the malaise fix was the one that keep doing it. so I shot off the auto updater and fixed it again.I waited a
    few days and tried again. This time all the updates took. But I had to remove all the Windows Office updates and the malaise fix and then it all loaded fine.

As to my gamer computer, It's based in a ASUS case and has a high speed card in it with 16 G of ram and Tara-bite had drive.Microsoft ser. helped me fix it. But had to re-down load a hole new windows 10 to get it to run and reload all my stuff and photos.
    Was not a happy camper. I gave the tech. credit for spending the time he did to fix it for me.

georgeheflin III, Oct 16, 2017
  3. when I just downloaded Feb 92016 updates. one of the sec. updates removed the firewall. and it will not reset

all so. it did the same thing on all 3 of my computers. My gamer computer was a mess to fix. All 3 our different brands. one is a ASUS,All in one, Gateway.the last is my Gamer I built.

georgeheflin III, Oct 16, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

If you just downloaded the Media Creation Tool and the properties look like this, you have a copy of the existing 15063 Creators Update from March, 2017. The new one is not yet available. You would be just installing the CU overtop the CU.

Just downloaded Windows 10 Update ... which one is it [​IMG]

These words will change to something like Fall Creators Update.

Just downloaded Windows 10 Update ... which one is it [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Oct 16, 2017
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Not ready yet, checked the MCT a short time ago as misleading info is being given out on a couple of sites saying it's ready.

clam1952, Oct 16, 2017
  6. Maggidon Win User
    I hadn't saw the the Media Tool Properties ... having clicked on "install" I am but installing the older version over the top of the older version. Cute!
    I had thought the Fall Update had become available at midnight last night (October 17th) but obviously my thought was in error. Hopefully there will be no negative effects by installing the last major update (the spring one) over itself.
    So when will one be able to manually download the Fall Update?

Maggidon, Oct 16, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    Good question, probably no point in using the MCT until the page title changes to Fall Creators Update.

clam1952, Oct 16, 2017
  8. Maggidon Win User

Makes sense! Thank you for the reply. Hopefully installing Windows 10 on top of itself doesn't catch the computer on fire.

Maggidon, Oct 16, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Quite the opposite - it's often recommended as a method of repairing problems...

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

We now know the launch time: 10am Pacific Time (6pm here in the UK).

How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

10. Maggidon Win User
    It's still installing on my other machine but obviously, I'll have to re-download the actual update I was after. Just downloaded Windows 10 Update ... which one is it :)

Maggidon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just downloaded Windows 10 Update ... which one is it - Similar Threads - downloaded Update

2. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update: On my Windows 10 laptop Windows 10 home version 10.0.10945 when windows update runs it keeps trying to download/install a Windows 11 version 22H2 update. How do I stop this?...
  3. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update: On my Windows 10 laptop Windows 10 home version 10.0.10945 when windows update runs it keeps trying to download/install a Windows 11 version 22H2 update. How do I stop this?...
  4. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  6. I can't download security update

I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  7. I can't download security update

8. Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?

Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?: 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status:Download error - 0x80070643I've tried everything to fix this problem but i cannot fix it. I've tried to remove the update but i can't because its not downloaded i looked on youtube and i...
  9. Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?: 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status:Download error - 0x80070643I've tried everything to fix this problem but i cannot fix it. I've tried to remove the update but i can't because its not downloaded i looked on youtube and i...
  10. Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?