Windows 10: just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

Discus and support just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by john lynch3, Feb 21, 2024.

1. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit

:)

john lynch3, Feb 21, 2024

2. Phone calls that claim to be from Microsoft

is anyone else getting phone calls claiming to be from microsoft saying that my “license” is being terminated because my account has been compromised. They want me to push one and create a new account.

I got 5 of these calls today.

JudyMaurer, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Microsoft phone call stating IP address compromised.

I've had numerous calls today claiming to be from Microsoft and saying that my IP address has been compromised by many countries. I believe the calls to be scams and have not pressed any buttons, I have just hung up. The number being shown on my caller
    ID is my personal phone number.

jimolafsonOlafson, Feb 21, 2024
  4. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

Phone call from someone claiming to be Microsoft agent

I have received two phone calls from (888) 221-6079 claiming that my Windows computer (I don't use Windows) has been compromised and that I should go to a Microsoft office to rectify the problem on my computer. I went to a Microsoft kiosk to report this
    and was told that Microsoft is trying to stop these types of calls from happening. Of course, it is not legitimate.

LeahCampbell2, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

1. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised - Similar Threads - got phone call

2. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  3. Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?: In 2012 there was a discussion topic re calls from Microsoft Windows Computer Maintenance Department. These calls have re-appeared lately july 2021, we get several a day. Obviously these calls are a scam. Now I wonder if they can be counter attacked, or at least played with....
  4. I got this phone call.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got this phone call.....: so I got this call this morning and the voicemail said "You're Microsoft subscription will end by then end of the day all Microsoft features will end today" as well as call this number now to renew is this real or fake?...
  5. We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft: On Tuesday of this week (22 OCT) my wife received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft. They had left a message on our answering machine. She called (yes, I know) the number back. They appear to have wiped many of the desk top items from our computer as...
  6. Phone calls about IP address compromised.

Phone calls about IP address compromised.: Should I be concerned if I keep getting phone calls from Microsoft telling me my IP address has been compromised by foreigners and to press 1 for help? I hang up but the calls are coming from my landline to my cell....
  7. I have received a phone call saying my Microsoft Windows account was compromised is this...

I have received a phone call saying my Microsoft Windows account was compromised is this...: Someone has called and said my windows has been compromised on my computer and now want access, What should I do? Are they for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-a-phone-call-saying-my-microsoft/b47ba5ff-1df6-440e-b2da-06662addcceb"
  8. phone call claiming to be Microsoft

phone call claiming to be Microsoft: At 2:12pm today, 10/23/2018, I received a phone call with message only on it stating they were Microsoft and that they want to refund our money as they are shutting down. The number calling was 866-978-7102 toll free and they asked that I call back using number 866-978-8970....
  9. Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number

Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number: I received an email with a recording telling me my computer was compromised. it gave me a phone number to call and someone helped. his number is 1-877-997-4999. I'm hoping this wasn't a scam. [Original Title: Scam]...
  10. Just got a call ,says I have a microsoft problem.

Just got a call ,says I have a microsoft problem.: He says they received the log last fri. He gave me a 32 digit number/letter licenese Id code. He even said his name was Brian Hoffman. I doubt that was his name, I could hardly understand his thick middle-eastern accent. Oh he gave me a return phone number as well....