Windows 10: just got different computer finaly got windows 10 want to loose old owner

Discus and support just got different computer finaly got windows 10 want to loose old owner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; need to remove old owner from this pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trainwreck71, Aug 2, 2018.

1. just got different computer finaly got windows 10 want to loose old owner

need to remove old owner from this pc

:)

trainwreck71, Aug 2, 2018
  2. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

just got different computer finaly got windows 10 want to loose old owner

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

just got different computer finaly got windows 10 want to loose old owner

1. just got different computer finaly got windows 10 want to loose old owner - Similar Threads - got different computer

2. Windows Explorer just got worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer just got worse: All the folders like downloads, documents, etc just got hidden and to open them I need to start at the C: folder. Why the hell would microsoft remove the ability to pin them to the side of the explorer? Destroying their own product....
  3. Windows Explorer just got worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer just got worse: All the folders like downloads, documents, etc just got hidden and to open them I need to start at the C: folder. Why the hell would microsoft remove the ability to pin them to the side of the explorer? Destroying their own product....
  4. i got a new computer and it started syncing with an old computer and I don't want all that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a new computer and it started syncing with an old computer and I don't want all that...: i got a new computer and it started syncing with an old computer and i don't want all that junk can i start over? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-new-computer-and-it-started-syncing-with/2494e2bc-368a-4494-aa4e-b02cdd28cede
  5. i got a new computer and it started syncing with an old computer and I don't want all that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got a new computer and it started syncing with an old computer and I don't want all that...: i got a new computer and it started syncing with an old computer and i don't want all that junk can i start over? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-new-computer-and-it-started-syncing-with/2494e2bc-368a-4494-aa4e-b02cdd28cede
  6. Got old KB4023057 this morning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got old KB4023057 this morning: When I checked WU this morning, KB4023057 was available. Installation took only a few seconds with no restart necessary. When I checked to see what that update was, I discovered it was for Windows 10 1607 back in 2017. Why would I be getting it now? I'm running 19043.1151....
  7. Just got win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just got win 10: I wanted to use word for something and what I found is that there is this app Office that limits you so hard and then when I try to create new word document offline it says that it just can't and I have to be online to do so. How is it so that you pay for crap like this? Or...
  8. Just got a BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just got a BSOD: So I've just gotten another BSOD, anyone know what caused this? I had a BSOD previously as well and posted my minidump, I was told that my previous BSOD was caused by malwarebytes, but idk about this one. Here's my minidump:...
  9. Just got this old laptop found the issue unable to fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just got this old laptop found the issue unable to fix: This laptop for some reason is running 32bit windows off of a x64 cpu, I have attempted to reinstall the correct version with the media creation tool but everytime I boot it I get hit with "this app cant run on your pc" have tried searching for the fix but haven't found one...
  10. just got a new tablet and somehow one of my old fb accounts got on there

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    just got a new tablet and somehow one of my old fb accounts got on there: Hi, I just got a new tablet and when I was setting it up somehow one of my old fb accounts got on there. so now when I get on fb it wont pull up the new one I was using on my old tablet. can someone help? thanks...