Windows 10: Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...

Discus and support Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; good evening, I just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410 laptop. now some questions about how to keep the system in good shape.. 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pitbullpup, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...

good evening,

I just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410 laptop. now some questions about how to keep the system in good shape..

1. is windows defender a good enough anti-virus/ security program or should I choose something else?

2. optimizing of ssd drive... how often?

3. is disk clean up safe for ssd drives? I know not to defragment ssd drives but what about disk clean up?

so far seems like the ssd drive made a big performance improvement

:)

pitbullpup, Feb 6, 2016

2. Flashing screen

I have a dell latitude e6410 and installed the new windows. It looks like it installed but once i get to main screen it just starts blinking and i cant do anything at all. No response just blinking.

JesseGalvan_512, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Wifi Icon & Connectivity issues

It's Dell Latitude E6410

Windows 10 Pro. Version 1607

Akshay Vora, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...

To answer your questions.
    1. Yes Although I prefer a third party program.
    2. Let Windows do it for you
    3. Yes

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    1. It's fine for general use.

2/3.. you don't need to and in fact doing a defrag on an SSD can speed up the process of wearing out. so don't..

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Question #3 was about Disk Clean Up.

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Missed that part.. but yes.. it's safe.

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

I agree though. You never want to run defrag on a SSD.

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  9. DavidY Win User
    Windows 10 knows all about SSDs, and you probably should leave the built-in 'Optimise' enabled. It doesn't do a defrag as such, but it does some tidying up which is beneficial.

See this article.
    http://www.hanselman.com/blog/TheRea...ntYourSSD.aspx

So the answer to question 2 is that you should leave disk optimisation enabled.

DavidY, Feb 6, 2016
  10. it was fast before, but it is even faster now with the ssd drive

pitbullpup, Feb 6, 2016
  11. Word Man Win User
    Enjoy!*Smile

I would recommend you open Windows' "Optimize Drives" GUI, however, and just confirm that it shows your media type as "Solid state drive" - as long as that's listed correctly, you can just let it be.

Word Man, Feb 6, 2016
  12. I did look at that. is does say solid state drive

pitbullpup, Feb 6, 2016
  13. Word Man Win User

Good, it has happened otherwise for some posters - just wanted to confirm.

Word Man, Feb 6, 2016
  14. Looks like using a ssd drive improves battery life as well... course it should be expected since it doesn't have to use battery power to make parts move. just a surprise the overall performance improvement, not that the computer was slow to start with... and now looking at battery performance on what appears to be the original battery... went from around 2 hours to close to 3 or a little over 3 hours now.

pitbullpup, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410... - Similar Threads - installed ssd drive

2. Go Back Farther Than 2005 on UFEI or BIOS For Dell Latitude E6410

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go Back Farther Than 2005 on UFEI or BIOS For Dell Latitude E6410: I Need help on how to go back farther than 2005 on BIOS or UFEI on a Dell Latitude E6410 it wont let me go back to 2004 or less https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-farther-than-2005-on-ufei-or-bios-for-dell/fc500881-72f7-46d2-8f8e-dd1b7e69861c
  3. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED: DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLEDPLEASE HOW CAN I ENABLE MY DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH BECAUSE THE ICON IS NOT SHOWING.KINDLY HELP ME OUT.dunamisaccess...
  4. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED: DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLEDPLEASE HOW CAN I ENABLE MY DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH BECAUSE THE ICON IS NOT SHOWING.KINDLY HELP ME OUT.dunamisaccess...
  5. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Battery problems Dell Latitude E6410

Battery problems Dell Latitude E6410: [ATTACH] I'm writing to find out if you can help me detect the problem with my battery. It happens that the report shows that there is NO battery connected, but as I show in the image when capturing the screen and report, it is clearly shown that the Laptop is working...
  7. latitude e6410

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latitude e6410: my cousin forgot her laptop's password how to reset. she watched many videos already but nothing happened please help because our school is coming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latitude-e6410/c64fbb3f-857f-47ad-8792-c1296f773d6a
  8. Is a Latitude E6410 good for gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a Latitude E6410 good for gaming?: Hello everyone! I have a question. Is a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop good for gaming? Beacuse I'd like to buy myself a PC, but I don't know if it will be worth to buy a cheap one... *sarc Most of the PC's I saw on Allegro (Polish site for buying stuff, like Ebay) are 100, 200...
  9. Dell latitude e6410 is a ssd worth it

Dell latitude e6410 is a ssd worth it: I am wondering if it would be worth replacing the 7200 250gb hd in my dell latitude e6410 laptop with a ssd drive. micro center in Chicago has some ssd drives on sale for nice prices now and wondering if it will make a difference in performance seeing as this laptop has the...
  10. Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10: i have a Dell latitude E6410 and i cant get windows 10 working on any other hard drive then then the special hard drive i setup on it. i cant for the life install windows 10 using the uefi+64 bit on this computer. i am trying to hot swap a hard drive to this laptop from my...