Windows 10: Just installed a Win 10 Home 64 bit System Builder OEM

Discus and support Just installed a Win 10 Home 64 bit System Builder OEM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have read several posts regarding the System Builder version of Windows before posting this as I can't find the answer I'm looking for. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lappy, Jun 23, 2017.

1. lappy Win User

Just installed a Win 10 Home 64 bit System Builder OEM

Hi,

I have read several posts regarding the System Builder version of Windows before posting this as I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I recently build my own desktop computer and not knowing the difference, ordered the System Builder OEM version of Windows 10. It came with its own key and the install went well.

However, about 10 days after the install, I had an issue while starting the computer with the mention "Preparing Automatic Repair" along with the blue screen of choosing with the different options between 1. continue to Windows 10, 2. Turn off PC, 3. use a device and 4. Troubleshoot.

After a few things done, scanning the C drive for errors and so on, everything seems to be working fine. I thought I'd have to redo a clean re-install but so far so good. I also did a clean re-install on my laptop (which I had upgraded from Window 8.1 and I had a windows key as well) using the same disc and I ended up with the same problem, i.e. the mention "Preparing Automatic Repair" along with the blue screen of choosing with the different options between 1. continue to Windows 10, 2. Turn off PC, 3. use a device and 4. Troubleshoot.

My questions are the following:

1. Can I do a clean re-install of a "regular" version of Windows (which I have done on a USB key) and use the same windows key of the System builder or it won't let me use it again?
    2. OR should I keep the OEM version currently installed.

I would like to redo a clean install and get it over with, I feel like I'll end up with another problem and eventually will have to do a clean install again and then update everything. I'm just trying to be proactive.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

:)

lappy, Jun 23, 2017

2. Is it legal to install windows 10 home 64 bit with oem system builder license on brand new personal pc/laptop to personal use

To the authority microsoft party

Please make sure

That oem sisytem builder license

Legal to install for personal pc/laptop or personal laptop?

I bought a laptop without operating system

And then I bought a windows 10 64 bit with oem system builder license

Is it legal to install windows 10 64 bit with oem system builder license to my new laptop?

Cause i am not an system builder . I am just an civil servant in my country

WidiaAstuti, Jun 23, 2017
  3. How to buy a windows 10 Pro OEM license?

You can purchase from New Egg or Amazon.com:

Windows 10 Home - 64-bit - OEM - Newegg.com‎

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit System Builder OEM ...

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit System Builder OEM

Please keep in mind the limitations as mentioned in the previous reply:

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Andre Da Costa, Jun 23, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Go to Settings => Updates and Security -> Activation tab. Does it say "Windows is activated with a digital license...."?

If it does, then you no longer need a product key at all. When the install asks for a product key, click the link for "I don't have a product key".

I would download the latest edition of Windows 10 from:
    Download Windows 10

and do the clean install making sure you have the latest build available.

NavyLCDR, Jun 23, 2017
  5. lappy Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

When I look in the settings, it only says "Windows is activated" and nothin about a digital license. Does that mean I need my Windows key to do the clean install?

In the latest edition of Windows 10 link, it's the Creator and Anniversary edition, which one is to choose regarding the differences?

When you mention the latest build, you mean Windows10?

lappy, Jun 23, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    You can reuse key as often as you like on same mobo. However, as you have a digital licence, you do not need to enter key. The link with MS account is only needed if it fails to activate due to a hardware change which does not apply here unless changing device or mobo (or in rare event something glitches).

cereberus, Jun 24, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    You are key activated - an upgrade will get digital licence... (no need for MSA) and you can re-install same version w/o a key thereafter...

BTW: It's contrary to the EULA to be using System Builder on your own machine... it's meant for re-selling...

Superfly, Jun 24, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I had actually typed that at the end of my post #2 and deleted it Just installed a Win 10 Home 64 bit System Builder OEM :).

@lappy,
    Creator's Edition is the latest build of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just installed a Win 10 Home 64 bit System Builder OEM - Similar Threads - installed Home bit

2. win 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  3. win 10 home 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  4. Building a PC and I bought Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit System Builder OEM. Will this work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Building a PC and I bought Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit System Builder OEM. Will this work?: Context: I am building a PC for the first time and I bought Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit System Builder OEM on disc.While dealing with the realization that my PC build does not have a disc drive, I am also concerned that this license will not work for my PC. I haven't opened the...
  5. Win 10. Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10. Home 64 Bit: Hello, I have connected a 2. HD, Sata 2, 160 GB. When I start Diskmgmt it takes a very, very longtime but ir show the second HD divided in two parts. My question are. 1. How I can mix the two parts to one area of about 160 GB. 2. How I can format this HD. 3. Why it takes so...
  6. Win 10 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home 64 Bit: I wanted to install WIN 10 via Meidcreationtool (inplace). Unfortunately it shows error: WDSCORE.dll not found. 171294
  7. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  8. Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM Software: I purchased this from OutletPC via Walmart & even after all of the reading on the package I am still uncertain if i can install this on my home PC/Laptop. It talks a lot about having to be a builder but I am unable to read the very fine print on the back of the package....
  9. Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system: Hi - I have several HVAC training videos that will only run on a 32 bit operating system. When I try to install them on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit it gives me an error message telling me that the program can't run on this PC. I have tried running them via Compatibility Moderun...
  10. Product Key Question - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM System Builder

Product Key Question - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM System Builder: Dear All, A few years back I bought a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM System Builder disk. Loaded it and spent a lot of time creating a configuration that I wanted. When completed, I imaged the build and have it stored on a separate detachable drive. What I want...