Windows 10: Just installed windos 10 tech preview build 9926

Discus and support Just installed windos 10 tech preview build 9926 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Morning, I just installed windows 10 tech preview build 9926 last night, and so fa have to say it was the easiest windows installation I have ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pitbull, Mar 8, 2015.

1. pitbull Win User

Just installed windos 10 tech preview build 9926

Good Morning, I just installed windows 10 tech preview build 9926 last night, and so fa have to say it was the easiest windows installation I have ever done..... everything worked right from the beginning, even my weather programs such as gr level 3 and gr level 2ae which are weather radar programs. I was a little worried about them working since I need the weather radar programs working since I am a severe storm chaser. haven't used it much since install but it does seem slightly faster than windows 7. looks like it may take a little while to get used to but doesn't seem too bad. the only issue is it looks like avast antivirus is gone and windows defender is in its place. wondering if windows defender is any good or if I should look for another antivirus since it is windows.....

:)

pitbull, Mar 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade

I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Evaluation copy build 9926. Can I upgrade it to Windows 10?

Edwin G.Antonio, Mar 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Free Upgrade

Hello,

I received a laptop PC from my son and it has Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview, Build 9926 installed on it.

Do I qualify for the free Windows 10 upgrade?

Thanks,

AirMan

AirMan1964, Mar 8, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Hi and welcome to the forums. For now I would stick with defender. Most of the third party AV tools have not been fully tested with the new OS. There is AVG 2015 that does work with Win10 if you want to use that.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 8, 2015
  5. pitbull Win User
    as long as windows defender works, I have no problems using it. coming from a apple background after the awful windows vista I got used to not thinking about antivirus software but the gr level x weather software does not run on apple products and that is the best weather radar programs so back to a windows laptop. still use apple at home.

pitbull, Mar 8, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Enjoy the preview. I second the stay with defender.

Dude, Mar 8, 2015
  7. pitbull Win User
    don't know how true this is but i hear that windows 10 tech preview will convert to windows 10 regular version when it is released

pitbull, Mar 8, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

That is the rumor. Gabriel Aul from Microsoft said it was "their intention" (Gabriel Aul on Twitter: ) but then he said there would be a new build last month so you never know. You'll need to use your legitimate key for 7 or 8 though - you don't just get it for free if you have no qualifying license.

adamf, Mar 8, 2015
  9. 3rd party AV applications might not be ready for Win10.

MS defender is and it is the best at repairing damage and a bit below par preventing infection. Each application has strengths and weaknesses - overall Defender will serve you well, especially on Win10 Technical Preview. Give the other vernodrs a chance to catch up and after Win10 goes RTM, if you decide to switch - use one of the better free AV apps (Avast, AVG, Panda). Better in that they don't regularly cause crashes.

While the rumor is that you will be able to go from TP to RTM, I think that will not be the case.
    Due to licensing issues - you will most likely have to purchase Win10 and install fresh or take advantage of the offer for a FREE upgrade from a licensed and authenticated Win7 or Win8.1 machine (offer expires one year after Win10 RTM).

Slartybart, Mar 9, 2015
  10. pitbull Win User
    I downloaded the tech preview from windows update on windows 7 so I think this machine should qualify for the free upgrade. on the other hand, I am quite impressed with windows 10 so far.... it seems like it boots up quicker and seems like it made the machine faster. it is a fairly old laptop a dell inspiron 1501 1.8 amd 64 bit processor and 4gb of ram. windows 7 worked great but windows 10 seems faster. maybe it is just me since it is a brand new os

pitbull, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just installed windos 10 tech preview build 9926 - Similar Threads - installed windos tech

2. windos 11 preview to stable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windos 11 preview to stable: I want to upgrade to stable version of windows 11. I tried to install win 11 via " windows installation assistant " but that program didn't run. I am no loger a part of windows insider program. When will i get the update, every article i have seen is regarding...
  3. Taskbar color - build 9926

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar color - build 9926: In build 9926 it seems that the Windows Taskbar transparency is gone. Which, for me, is not a good thing. On the positive side, we've gained control over taskbar color through registry keys: To change the Taskbar color add DWORD:...
  4. If I install Build 9926

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I install Build 9926: If I install build 9926 will it update straight to 10049? If I choose the fast track? 5142
  5. install win 10 build 9926

install win 10 build 9926: Hi all, downloaded new Build 9926 earlier today as an inplace upgrade. Took the best part of 3 hours from start to finish. All apps, settings and programs the way they were. I went to check whether Cortana was working, but it's not. (Not available in your region) popup. Guess...
  6. Windows 10 Build 10240 not coming through on Build 9926?

Windows 10 Build 10240 not coming through on Build 9926?: I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since Microsoft pulled build updates a...
  7. Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC: I am installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my primary PC. Am I making a mistake by doing this? 5531
  8. Installing 10 tech preview

Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  9. Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides

Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides: Hi All, Sorry about the crazy title, I always have issues with coming up with a good headline for these threads. I want to do a clean install on my desktop with the latest Win10 Dev Preview, but I don't want to do this if I'm not going to get the final version when it...
  10. Cannot boot into Seven after installing Build 9926

Cannot boot into Seven after installing Build 9926: After installing Windows 10 build 9926 tonight in a dual boot set up with Seven, I can no longer access Seven at all. When I select to boot into Seven, all I get is a black screen. When I force a restart I get a pointless disk check that finds no new errors (a bad 4kb...