Windows 10: Just Installed Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Just Installed Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's quite good but I must say I'm a little bit disappointed. Some points I should make - Personalization - I think for some people the icons in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirDarknight, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Just Installed Windows 10 Pro

It's quite good but I must say I'm a little bit disappointed. Some points I should make -

Personalization - I think for some people the icons in the taskbar may seem too small so there should an option to enlarge them.Also, the customization options could be more elaborated.

Resource - Cortana is using about 100 MB of RAM when it's up and running.

Settings - Might seem complicated when it comes to make some changes in Windows Update and others.

Onedrive - Pain In The *** (For Me)

Boot Up - Before the upgrade, I heard everywhere that Win 10 has faster boot speed. But I don't see any difference between this and Win 8.1 and to be honest I think it's actually slower.

And a weird thing I noticed, when I first installed Win 8.1, an unknown device appeared on my device list but I could install its driver by using Windows Update. But I can't do that in Win 10 with the same device. It just couldn't find the driver.

:)

SirDarknight, Aug 6, 2015

2. I just installed BitLocker on a Window 10 Pro computer. When I restart the computer it prompts for the Recovery Key instead of the BitLocker PIN that was established. How can this be corrected?

Hi,

BitLocker is a professional level encryption program and should not be used unless one

really understands that it is secure and can not be broken by any usual or inexpensive

methods IF AT ALL. Only those with superior backup strategies should even consider

its use.

BitLocker is more frequently used and supported by those in the TechNet IT Pro Forums.

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide for Windows 7 (and later)

BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide for Windows 7

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cker-recovery-keys-frequently-asked-questions

TechNet - Bitlocker Overview

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831713.aspx

TechNet - Windows 10 IT Pro

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

TechNet - Windows 8/8.1 IT Pro

Technet forums - Windows 8.1 IT Pro

TechNet - XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1 IT Pro Forums

Technet forums

TechNet - Forums

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/

TechNet - Where is the Forum For…?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whatforum/threads

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 6, 2015
  3. I just installed BitLocker on a Window 10 Pro computer. When I restart the computer it prompts for the Recovery Key instead of the BitLocker PIN that was established. How can this be corrected?

Hello,

There are several reasons that might make a PC go into recovery mode. For example, your organization might have a password security policy that locks you out after a certain number of failed attempts to sign in. Or perhaps your PC encountered a hardware
    malfunction, an unexpected configuration change, or another security event. Requiring a recovery key helps ensure that only an authorized person can unlock your PC and restore access to your encrypted data.

Depending on how your PC is set up, there are different ways to get your recovery key.

If your PC is connected to a domain

Contact your administrator to get your recovery key.

If your PC isn’t connected to a domain

There are several locations in which your BitLocker recovery key might have been saved. Here are some places to check:

• Your Microsoft account online. This option is only available on non-domain-joined PCs. To get your recovery key, go to

BitLocker Recovery Keys

• A saved copy of the recovery key. You might have saved a copy of the BitLocker recovery key to a file, a USB flash drive, or printed a hard copy.

• If you saved the key to a file or printed it, find your copy, follow the instructions on your locked PC, and enter your key when prompted.

• If you saved the key to a USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive and follow the instructions on your PC. (If you saved the recovery key as a file on the USB flash drive, you’ll need to open the file and manually enter the
        recovery key.)
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Just Installed Windows 10 Pro

1. Just Installed Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Installed Pro

2. Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%: I got my new laptop, a Lenovo X1 two weeks ago. It runs Windows 10 Pro, just updated to 1903. I uninstalled the bundled Office 365 using Revo Uninstaller Pro. I then tried to install a full copy of Office 2019 Pro Plus from a cdrom. While installation seemed to start from...
  3. Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%: <p>I got my new laptop, a Lenovo X1 two weeks ago. It runs Windows 10 Pro, just updated to 1903. <br><br>I uninstalled the bundled Office 365 using Revo Uninstaller Pro. I then&nbsp; tried to install a full copy of Office 2019 Pro Plus from a cdrom. While installation seemed...
  4. Can not install and run Hitman Pro Free Trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install and run Hitman Pro Free Trial: Howdy, Running antimalware bytes and norton 360. I wanted to get a third party scan to see if anything was missed with my main protection. I downloaded and installed Hitman Pro several times. It opens and allows me to check one time scan and seems to begin to scan and then...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing: I initially got this laptop in 2016 and it came with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded to Pro for $99. Years later, just yesterday, I took a screenshot of what turned out to be my PRODUCT ID thinking it was the key, and did a fresh install. This was because of suspected malware...
  6. Install WSUS Server Role on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install WSUS Server Role on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, Just wondering if it is possible to install the WSUS role onto a Windows 10 Pro. I have a client that needs WSUS set up, but they also want a way to save money (and not purchase Windows Server 2016/2019) by getting WSUS onto Windows 10 Pro. Thank you,...
  7. DELL Poweredge R340 - Can i install windows 10 pro 32-bit (used for a storage server)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DELL Poweredge R340 - Can i install windows 10 pro 32-bit (used for a storage server): Good day, Would greatly appreciate any assistance on the below. We have a DELL PowerEdge R340 and i am struggling to install Windows 10 PRO 32-Bit. Using iDRAC i have mounted the virtual win 10 iso and it comes up to the language selection of the installation but i...
  8. Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate: I reset my PC through the Recovery options in Windows settings yesterday. Everything seemed to go well, however, when my PC restarted it upgraded to Windows 10 Pro when I previously had Windows 10 Home Now I can't activate Windows and my PC is claiming my Windows 10...
  9. Installing Windows 10 Pro 32-bit on machine with 64-bit processor

Installing Windows 10 Pro 32-bit on machine with 64-bit processor: I have a machine with a 64-bit processor. Quite happy to reformat the machine and set up from scratch. I have 16-bit programs than I must run and therefore need to install Windows 10 Pro 32-bit. Is this possible? I can't find an answer to this question, and don't want to...
  10. Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error

Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error: Windows 10 Couldn’t be installed Errors 0x8007042B 0x2000D The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation...