Windows 10: Just Installed Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Just Installed Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's quite good but I must say I'm a little bit disappointed. Some points I should make - Personalization - I think for some people the icons in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirDarknight, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Just Installed Windows 10 Pro

It's quite good but I must say I'm a little bit disappointed. Some points I should make -

Personalization - I think for some people the icons in the taskbar may seem too small so there should an option to enlarge them.Also, the customization options could be more elaborated.

Resource - Cortana is using about 100 MB of RAM when it's up and running.

Settings - Might seem complicated when it comes to make some changes in Windows Update and others.

Onedrive - Pain In The *** (For Me)

Boot Up - Before the upgrade, I heard everywhere that Win 10 has faster boot speed. But I don't see any difference between this and Win 8.1 and to be honest I think it's actually slower.

And a weird thing I noticed, when I first installed Win 8.1, an unknown device appeared on my device list but I could install its driver by using Windows Update. But I can't do that in Win 10 with the same device. It just couldn't find the driver.

:)

SirDarknight, Aug 6, 2015

2. I just installed BitLocker on a Window 10 Pro computer. When I restart the computer it prompts for the Recovery Key instead of the BitLocker PIN that was established. How can this be corrected?

Hi,

BitLocker is a professional level encryption program and should not be used unless one

really understands that it is secure and can not be broken by any usual or inexpensive

methods IF AT ALL. Only those with superior backup strategies should even consider

its use.

BitLocker is more frequently used and supported by those in the TechNet IT Pro Forums.

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide for Windows 7 (and later)

BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide for Windows 7

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cker-recovery-keys-frequently-asked-questions

TechNet - Bitlocker Overview

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831713.aspx

TechNet - Windows 10 IT Pro

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

TechNet - Windows 8/8.1 IT Pro

Technet forums - Windows 8.1 IT Pro

TechNet - XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1 IT Pro Forums

Technet forums

TechNet - Forums

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/

TechNet - Where is the Forum For…?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whatforum/threads

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 6, 2015
  3. I just installed BitLocker on a Window 10 Pro computer. When I restart the computer it prompts for the Recovery Key instead of the BitLocker PIN that was established. How can this be corrected?

Hello,

There are several reasons that might make a PC go into recovery mode. For example, your organization might have a password security policy that locks you out after a certain number of failed attempts to sign in. Or perhaps your PC encountered a hardware
    malfunction, an unexpected configuration change, or another security event. Requiring a recovery key helps ensure that only an authorized person can unlock your PC and restore access to your encrypted data.

Depending on how your PC is set up, there are different ways to get your recovery key.

If your PC is connected to a domain

Contact your administrator to get your recovery key.

If your PC isn’t connected to a domain

There are several locations in which your BitLocker recovery key might have been saved. Here are some places to check:

• Your Microsoft account online. This option is only available on non-domain-joined PCs. To get your recovery key, go to

BitLocker Recovery Keys

• A saved copy of the recovery key. You might have saved a copy of the BitLocker recovery key to a file, a USB flash drive, or printed a hard copy.

• If you saved the key to a file or printed it, find your copy, follow the instructions on your locked PC, and enter your key when prompted.

• If you saved the key to a USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive and follow the instructions on your PC. (If you saved the recovery key as a file on the USB flash drive, you’ll need to open the file and manually enter the
        recovery key.)
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Just Installed Windows 10 Pro

1. Just Installed Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Installed Pro

2. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  3. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  4. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  5. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  6. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  8. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  9. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro: I have done a repair install of Win10 Pro to try to address a recurring BSOD problem.I have started the update process to catch the operating system up to current. I've been doing "Restart and update" for about five hours now.When I try to look at Windows Update to see where...
  10. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro: I have done a repair install of Win10 Pro to try to address a recurring BSOD problem.I have started the update process to catch the operating system up to current. I've been doing "Restart and update" for about five hours now.When I try to look at Windows Update to see where...