Windows 10: Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?

Discus and support Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My work network here has a drastically slow network speed here on average, so I usually subvert that from my phone with data saver mode turned on. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SotoPrior, Aug 10, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?

My work network here has a drastically slow network speed here on average, so I usually subvert that from my phone with data saver mode turned on. I'm just wondering if anyone here who uses chrome knows either the internal setting to change or the officially directly supported Chrome extension to install for the windows PC version?

:)

SotoPrior, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Ramesh.Kumar Win User

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 10, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one? - Similar Threads - Mobile Chrome Has

2. I Keep Getting Emails From Hackers Like This One?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Keep Getting Emails From Hackers Like This One?: I Keep Getting Email Like This One? @@@@@####@@@@@ Hey. It's me! Your future friend or enemy. You do not know me and think why I received this letter. I am sorry for my english, its not my native language. I learn more machine language - code. I hack phones and save...
  3. I can´t turn the battery saver mode off on my lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can´t turn the battery saver mode off on my lenovo laptop: My battery settings on battery settings won´t change, my pc is always on battery saver mode and I haven´t been able to turn it off...
  4. Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?: Like to Create Full backups From CMD command can i ? 115978
  5. Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?

in Browsers and Email
    Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?: My work network here has a drastically slow network speed here on average, so I usually subvert that from my phone with data saver mode turned on. I'm just wondering if anyone here who uses chrome knows either the internal setting to change or the officially directly...
  6. Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab: I was on a website on one of my tabs and must have hit some keyboard shortcut by accident that greatly magnified the page. Any idea of how I can restore this back to normal? 109326
  7. Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile: The only difference is that you have to ask her when the team you're interested in plays their next game, as opposed to asking her directly for a prediction as you would do on your phone. Here's an example of me asking her: [img] 21931
  8. 2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?: Hello, well like the tittle says, I have 2 wifi devices but I want to use one of them for the mobilehospot that's is available in windows 10 settings, of course I have to bridge the 2 wifi devices right? but then can I turn the mobile hotspot on the second device? 92626
  9. I just dont get it

in Windows 10 Support
    I just dont get it: In this day and age how Microsoft can build such a bland and plain ugly interface as win 10 is beyond me Sorry don't mean to start a flame war i guess some like it some dont Anyway i need to know if ill run into any problems with win 10 as i dont have internet all the time...
  10. How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?: Hi There, it's been a long time since i asked for help around here. Well i'm here again anyway, straight to the topic. I'm actually looking for a way to make the Windows Explorer Scroll like a Web-Browser like Chrome.. Didn't get what i mean? Here : I just...