Windows 10: Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?

Discus and support Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My work network here has a drastically slow network speed here on average, so I usually subvert that from my phone with data saver mode turned on. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SotoPrior, Aug 10, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?

My work network here has a drastically slow network speed here on average, so I usually subvert that from my phone with data saver mode turned on. I'm just wondering if anyone here who uses chrome knows either the internal setting to change or the officially directly supported Chrome extension to install for the windows PC version?

:)

SotoPrior, Aug 10, 2018

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 10, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one? - Similar Threads - Mobile Chrome Has

2. PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode: The past 3 days my pc has been blue screening and crashing constantly, it all started when i installed modern warfare 3 for the first time and about 1 hour into the game my pc just shut off and since then i have been hit with constant freezing and bsods, i have reinstalled...
  3. PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode: The past 3 days my pc has been blue screening and crashing constantly, it all started when i installed modern warfare 3 for the first time and about 1 hour into the game my pc just shut off and since then i have been hit with constant freezing and bsods, i have reinstalled...
  4. How to get 2 chrome icons to show just like one when I open chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get 2 chrome icons to show just like one when I open chrome?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mechanic-Green [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u1l1ue/how_to_get_2_chrome_icons_to_show_just_like_one/
  5. How can I get rid of this data? I just deleted an account, and I'm assuming the data is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of this data? I just deleted an account, and I'm assuming the data is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/burn_my_bread [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ksbhr9/how_can_i_get_rid_of_this_data_i_just_deleted_an/
  6. Connect PC to phone mobile data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  7. Connect PC to phone mobile data

in Windows 10 Support
    Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  8. apps keep suspending like in battery saver mode but on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps keep suspending like in battery saver mode but on desktop: so basically I have a problem were background apps suspending and it has teh battery saver icon in the suspend part[ATTACH] also I did take my boot drive out of my old laptop, so that is the reason it's enabled, but I want to disable it, but the battery saver option is not...
  9. Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?

in Browsers and Email
    Just like Mobile Chrome Has Data Saver Mode on it, Can I get a PC one?: My work network here has a drastically slow network speed here on average, so I usually subvert that from my phone with data saver mode turned on. I'm just wondering if anyone here who uses chrome knows either the internal setting to change or the officially directly...
  10. Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab: I was on a website on one of my tabs and must have hit some keyboard shortcut by accident that greatly magnified the page. Any idea of how I can restore this back to normal? 109326