Windows 10: Just set up new local account and it doesn't have a folder in C:\Users

Discus and support Just set up new local account and it doesn't have a folder in C:\Users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been having some problems with Windows, so I just did a clean reinstall. It did the thing with making my user profile name the beginning of my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by quinncollard, May 26, 2018.

1. Just set up new local account and it doesn't have a folder in C:\Users

I've been having some problems with Windows, so I just did a clean reinstall. It did the thing with making my user profile name the beginning of my email address. I want it to be my first name instead, and after searching I found people saying that there's no way to actually change the account name with your Microsoft account, you have to log in with a local account instead. So I set up a local account, and I am able to log in with it, but when I look at the C:\Users folder it doesn't list it there, it only lists that name that's the beginning of my email address and then another folder called "Public." I've tried logging out and back in but it's still not there.

:)

quinncollard, May 26, 2018
Thema:

Just set up new local account and it doesn't have a folder in C:\Users

1. Just set up new local account and it doesn't have a folder in C:\Users - Similar Threads - set local account

2. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created local user accounts not appearing at users folder: problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen. 3. i have activated/enabled default...
  3. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  4. Setting up User Accounts

Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  5. Setting up another user file under Local Disk C/ Users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up another user file under Local Disk C/ Users: I have setup my wife as a family member. How does one setup a folder for her in Local Disk C/ Users? I have tried simply adding a file but it is not as secure as my folder. I say this as when linking to another computer I see Default and Public and the added folder but not...
  6. Set up a local account.

Set up a local account.: I purchased a new pc and set up the Microsoft administrator account. I'd like to create a separate local account for my day-to-day computing. Each time I've tried I've only managed to replace the MS account. I'd like to be able to switch between them. How do I accomplish...
  7. Set up a local account if you want a custom user folder name

in Windows 10 News
    Set up a local account if you want a custom user folder name: Windows administrators and users who set up new accounts on devices running the Windows 10 operating system have two main choices when it comes to that: they may set up a user account using a Microsoft Account, or set up a local account. Microsoft pushes Microsoft Account...
  8. My new Local users doesn't show.

My new Local users doesn't show.: I have a new Laptop with windows 10, where I have set up my main user with my work account. I need a local user too , which I have created, but I don't see it on the start window. How can I see this local user?...
  9. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  10. Cannot set up Local Account

Cannot set up Local Account: I can't set up a Local Account Please help. I get this error message: [img] 17819