Windows 10: Just updated to 10, no sound coming from HDMI TV any more.

Discus and support Just updated to 10, no sound coming from HDMI TV any more. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just updated my PC to windows 10 and now I'm not getting any sound from my HDMI connected TV. Picture is working fine and have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Saintamus, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Saintamus Win User

Just updated to 10, no sound coming from HDMI TV any more.

Hi everyone,

I just updated my PC to windows 10 and now I'm not getting any sound from my HDMI connected TV. Picture is working fine and have tried as many solutions as i could find. I've restarted, tried a new HDMI cable and used different ports, I've tried to update drivers but there are no updates, tried restarting the Windows Audio service, and so on.
    I'll try any suggestions as I'm having literally no luck so far. Sound still works with my headset just not through HDMI.

Cheers!

:)

Saintamus, Aug 7, 2015

2. No Sound on TV (HDMI) connected from Windows 10 laptop.

Old title: No Sound on TV (HDMI)

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the sound to come out of my TV when hooked up to my laptop through the HDMI port.

There is perfect video, just no audio on the TV, it comes out of my laptop instead.

It worked fine when I had windows 7 (same HDMI cord) but ever since upgrading to windows 10 it hasn't worked.

When I go into playback devices the TV is not an option to select.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

NorthernAvalanche, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Sound

I currently have connected my TV/Monitor to my computer and it's connected via a HDMI cable from the TV/Monitor to the graphic's card. It's displaying without a problem but when it comes to the sound im unable to hear any sound. When I click on Realtek
    HDMI output: 100% and than go on playback devices it shows that the TV/Monitor is connected and when I play the sound it shows the bar's going up and down but still not able to hear any sound. When I right click on Realtek HD Audio Manager and than go to sound
    manager, it gives to 2 tabs "HDMI Output (tick next to it) and Digital Output". The HDMI output is set as default for sound as well but still not getting any sound so just wondering what the issue could be?

Bilal_3715, Aug 7, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi,

Have you tried right clicking on the speakers icon on the taskbar and looking at your Playback Devices to confirm that the correct HDMI device is selected for audio output to your TV?

WhyMe, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Saintamus Win User
    Yeah I tried that, the HDMI device is showing up as not connected.

Saintamus, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Reinstall your sound drivers but make sure the are for the hdmi device

Bazz, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Maybe that's one of the things they'll fix in the Service Release.

dlwmacgregor, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

It may well be that it is disabled right click the speaker icon and have a good look around, show disabled devices.

Bazz, Aug 7, 2015
  9. WhyMe Win User
    Best to update all drivers including chipset, LAN, Video and Sound as neither the upgrade or windows update have done that correctly for any of the systems I've upgraded.

WhyMe, Aug 7, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    They will not fix third party drivers. It is up to the mfg of the driver to make sure it is compatible with 10. A lot of the 8.1 drivers work in 10 just fine.

bro67, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
    Yes However the update has disabled lots of things

12. Saintamus Win User
    Solved *Smile
    Thanks for all your suggestions!

In the end, I noticed my HDMI audio comes up as NVIDIA High Definition Audio and the driver for that is in fact coupled with my GPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, so I checked the website (my usual GeForce updater wasn't working due to the change of OS) to see if there was an update for the driver. There was indeed a driver for Windows 10. After updating I restarted my PC and voil , problem solved.

Saintamus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just updated to 10, no sound coming from HDMI TV any more. - Similar Threads - updated sound coming

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  5. No HDMI Sound From TV

No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  6. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  7. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  8. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  9. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  10. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...