Windows 10: Just upgraded, can't logon

Discus and support Just upgraded, can't logon in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I've searched for this issue but have not found any answers. I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 today, and haven't been able to login at... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Spiral, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Spiral Win User

Just upgraded, can't logon

Hello, I've searched for this issue but have not found any answers.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 today, and haven't been able to login at all.

When I boot up, I reach the sign in screen and it has my name, a password field, and a next button.

When I enter the wrong password, it says that it's wrong and gives me a new chance.

However, everytime I enter the right password it locks the password field and all buttons stop working, then has the blue circle and then restarts. This has happened 6 times.

Win10 installed through windows update, so I don't have a physical disk, and not sure how to enter the recovery environment.

Any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running a custom rig with a radeon r9 270x on an msi board with an amd 8320, and 16 gb of ram connected to a cheapo 4k TV by hdmi.

I'm typing this on my phone.

:)

Spiral, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

User deleted

Hi!

What happens just boot to logon page and can't login?

Teddy2016, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Win 10 Pro lusrmgr.msc (Local Users and Groups) snap-in Unavailable

Microsoft - any update on the question of when 14926.1000 Fast Ring prerelease might be available to resolve this problem?? I've just upgraded to CB 1607.14393.321 today and still get the domain logon error. If you have this issue fixed, why can't you
    put it into a production release?

Seattle-GT, Jul 29, 2015
  4. IKE
    ike Win User

Same thing happen to me. I got on another computer and changed the password for my Hotmail. I got passed that
    login screen. OK now

5. leithanne Win User
    That happened to me. I KNEW it was the right password, too.

Do you have other accounts on the pc? A line near the bottom that says "Not Ike?"? I clicked my "Not ?" and it took me right to the other admin account. No password needed.

leithanne, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Martym Win User
    Same issue changed my password for my Microsoft account 6 times still can't past my log in screen. Tried resetting my pc. Restoring my pc and also tried reverting to previous build

Martym, Jul 31, 2015
  7. I had the same damn problem (I even cried a little).
    But here's what might just be the solution: the language input method.
    I'm use to write in French (my keyboard as a French layout) but with a fresh new Windows install (english version), the by-default keyboard was English and not French...
    At the bottom-right hand corner you can change your input language keyboard.
    Now, you can't actually see the character you enter when you type your pwd. However, you can take another computer and set it to the same language as your current problematic computer. See which key insert which character for your pwd.
    Once you get it, try it ! *Wink

Have a nice day !
    Sam

samlaventure, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Just upgraded, can't logon - Similar Threads - upgraded can't logon

2. I can't logon with my pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon with my pin.: I logon with my pin. It's rejected, says I'm not connected to the internet. Says the device is offline, try another sign-in option. After I hit reset the pin number several times, it asks for my password and for a code. I was better off without the pin....
  3. I can't logon to computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon to computer on network: I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does not work and neither does any other password I used in the past.How do I log on to the first computer from the second when...
  4. I can't logon to computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't logon to computer on network: I have a computer that is visible on the network. I logon to it using a 4 digit pin.On another computer it asks me for a password. The 4 digit pin does not work and neither does any other password I used in the past.How do I log on to the first computer from the second when...
  5. Can't disable the logon password ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't disable the logon password ...: My Windows version is 0.0.19042 Build 19042. I had my PC setup so a password or PIN is not required on startup. Then, an update was installed and it now requires a password which I am not able to disable; even though Settings/Accounts/Sign-in-options/Require-sign-in is set to...
  6. Can't disable the logon password ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable the logon password ...: My Windows version is 0.0.19042 Build 19042. I had my PC setup so a password or PIN is not required on startup. Then, an update was installed and it now requires a password which I am not able to disable; even though Settings/Accounts/Sign-in-options/Require-sign-in is set to...
  7. Can't disable the logon password ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. can't logon to yahoo mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't logon to yahoo mail account: keep getting an error message that something went wrong, trying to login to my yahoo account on my desktop computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-logon-to-yahoo-mail-account/65227423-b4a6-4f52-9de0-7d5a4fc5c1b1
  9. Can't logon to Amazon

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't logon to Amazon: As title says any attempt to reach Amazon goes out into La-La Land and then times out. This happens both with Firefox and Chrome browsers. Other sites seem to be OK. So far I've disabled my firewall (ZoneAlarm), Norton AV, checked my Host File which has no entries and still...
  10. Can't Logon to Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Logon to Computer: I switched to a backup computer after my current one died. It was bringing up two user accounts, one of which I do not know what it is, and apparently it was trying to log into that one first, as it was in the box and it said the password which I had not entered, was...