Windows 10: Just upgraded, no internet connection

Discus and support Just upgraded, no internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys! I just upgraded to 10 about an hour ago from windows 7. I have no internet connection (it says "limited"). Local area connection does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlamSlayer, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Just upgraded, no internet connection

Hey guys! I just upgraded to 10 about an hour ago from windows 7. I have no internet connection (it says "limited").

Local area connection does not have a valid ip configuration

If I try to reset my IP it tells me

Ip address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

SlamSlayer, Jul 29, 2015

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Just upgraded, no internet connection

1. Just upgraded, no internet connection - Similar Threads - upgraded internet connection

2. No Internet connection and its work just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet connection and its work just fine.: Fresh Windows 10 Install for a new PC.. Maybe this is not new for most of you all..but this is new to me.. same with my name Nubi (newbie) i thought i cant install windows without microsoft accounts... Key points: Dont go Online too soon.. If you're free u can drop...
  3. Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade: I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6530 to Win10 from Win7. Everything works great except connecting to internet. Can connect to router with ethernet, laptop wireless card and tp-link wireless dongle, but not to internet. Same result trying to connect to phone hotspot. All...
  4. Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade: Hi, I just got my computer upgraded with some more storage its a 1TB SSD from samsung made for laptops. After I got my computer back from Geek Squad at Best Buy, I had horrible Wi-Fi connection. Before the storage was put in, I got pretty good Wi-Fi and I only used a LAN...
  5. 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

1903 upgrade - connected, no internet: Hi people, I'm litterally hitting my head against the wall after the last upgrade. Some backstory: we're talking here about an hold custom made desktop pc, originally sold with Windows 7. It was upgraded and working smoothly until some version of windows that could be 1703...
  6. Internet shows other internet connections than just mine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet shows other internet connections than just mine: When I sign onto my computer, I'm seeing other internet connections than mine such as Motorola-F980D and Hidden Network, as well as other pop-up. They show to connect automatically when I sign on, but I never authorized this and don't know how to make it stop. I click off the...
  7. Just upgraded to Windows 10, no internet connection

Just upgraded to Windows 10, no internet connection: Just upgraded to Windows 10, no internet connection. Had no problems before on 8.1. No network adapters are recognized (Bluetooth, Ethernet, WLAN). Have Atheros Qualcomm AR9485WB. Device manager says all is OK, but PC settings say no network adapters detected. I tried to...
  8. Internet Connection Sharing Just Turned on ?

Internet Connection Sharing Just Turned on ?: Using Windows Firewall with Windows Firewall Control. I check the rules sometimes and this popped up today. I have all sharing turned off. Just wondering if this is a Windows 10 'happening'. Confused 101432
  9. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...