Windows 10: Just upgraded to W-1709; What about `SGetCurrrent`..

Discus and support Just upgraded to W-1709; What about `SGetCurrrent`.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everybody,Just made it through the upgrade to Windows-1079 What about these new Folders, can I just go ahead and delete them? $GetCurrent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jPaulB, Mar 3, 2018.

1. jPaulB Win User

Just upgraded to W-1709; What about `SGetCurrrent`..

Hi Everybody,Just made it through the upgrade to Windows-1079
    What about these new Folders, can I just go ahead and delete them?

$GetCurrent
    $Windows.~WS
    ~NKLEJ71PIRM
    AdwCleaner

Many Thanks,
    jPaul

:)

jPaulB, Mar 3, 2018

2. I just upgraded to W 10. How can I prevent W 10 from deleting my C:\Windows.old ?

I just upgraded to W 10. Is there a way to prevent W 10 from deleting my C:\ Windows.old ?

EunicePaulett, Mar 3, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    I just upgraded to W 10. How can I prevent W 10 from deleting my C:\Windows.old ?

There are several ways to copy a folder in Windows. Here is one:

1- Right-click on the folder

2- From the context menu, select Copy

3- Navigate to where you want to paste the folder

4- Right-click on a blank area in the place where you wish to paste the folder

5- From the context menu, select Paste

You have now copied the folder to a different location.

BulldogXX, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

$GetCurrent and $Windows.~WS were created in the upgrade process, you should also have a windows.old folder. They can be removed, but you may want to wait for a few days. The safest way to delete them is using Disk Clean-up and clicking its 'clean up system files' button. Removing them (and any other upgrade files that Disk Clean-up will list) will mean you'll no longer be able to go back to your previous version of Windows, so make sure you are happy everything is working before deleting them.

I do not recognise ~NKLEJ71PIRM, does it have the same creation date as the first two? What files are in it?

AdwCleaner has nothing to do with the upgrade. It was created last time you ran AdwCleaner. Its purpose is to hold the log files from the scan. It can safely be deleted.

Bree, Mar 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Just upgraded to W-1709; What about `SGetCurrrent`.. - Similar Threads - upgraded 1709 `SGetCurrrent`

2. What is this about?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is this about?: Please see screenshot. Should I go ahead? I don't see the point as I allow all updates anyway. 137481
  3. Upgrade 1709 to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade 1709 to 1803: Hello Forum, Thinking about upgrading from 1709 to 1803 version, and I am doing some preparations not to be dependant on being online to upgrade. What I did so far: 1. Downloaded the Win 10 1803 (pro, English) installation file from this site:...
  4. Upgraded W Defender in W10 1709

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upgraded W Defender in W10 1709: As a novice I am definitely qualified in PC security. With the installation of W10 1709 I noticed Defender is supposedly very much upgraded. Question, is the upgraded Defender strong enough to use as my primary security software? I previously had McAfee. 96624
  5. What just happened?

What just happened?: Hi I got so fed up with Windows 10 constantly updating as well as any number of annoying other things, that I decided to go back an do a Clean Install of Windows 7. But within Minutes of doing that, I was getting pestered by the 'Nag Screen' urging me to update to...
  6. not just about Windws 10, but...

in Windows 10 Support
    not just about Windws 10, but...: Had my Dell PC crash after a year running 10. I got new hard drive and USB with OS/drivers to restore Windows 7.Problem is that I am unable to do some stuff, like add folders to start menu and move individual programs into them. 10 worked great while I had it, maybe it was...
  7. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...
  8. What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account?

What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account?: I have not seen anyone suggest this so I'll give it a go. If you're having problems upgrading, try enabling the hidden Administrator account, sign out of your normal account, sign in as Administrator then try the upgrade. Open a Elevated Command Prompt. Type net user...
  9. What are these * partitions on W 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these * partitions on W 10?: Hi New here, was having trouble with formatting Sandisk Curzer Blade 32gb, eventually found free utility Macrorit Disk Partion Expert v3.9.5 and it did the trick. Windows on full (not quick) Format NTFS or Fat32 was an overnight job and didn't work when it was formatted....
  10. Just a question about pricing

in Windows 10 Support
    Just a question about pricing: How much US dollars is Windows 10 64-bit Pro and Windows 10 64-bit Home? 42487