Windows 10: Just want to share how I fixed a odd Adobe Photoshop problem

Discus and support Just want to share how I fixed a odd Adobe Photoshop problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; FORUM ADMINISTRATORS: If you need to relocate this post please do so. My problem dealt with Software & Apps & self solved so I wrote it here think it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GARoss, Jul 21, 2017.

1. GARoss Win User

Just want to share how I fixed a odd Adobe Photoshop problem

FORUM ADMINISTRATORS: If you need to relocate this post please do so. My problem dealt with Software & Apps & self solved so I wrote it here think it may help someone else.

I recently upgraded my somewhat dated PC recently with a new MB, CPU, RAM & GPU with a clean install of Windows 10, 64-bit. After reinstalling Photoshop CS6 & setting up Preferences I encountered an odd problem. After starting PS a new file window would pop-up out of the blue without being prompt to do so. It was driving me crazy.

So, I tried to resolve this through Adobe, searching their forum for help. There was nothing posted about a new file window popping-up upon starting PS. Then I though I'd try opening the 32-bit version of PS. There wasn't a new file window pop-up using the 32-bit version! But after setting up PS Preferences the same way I have for years & sure enough the 32-bit had that same new file window would pop-up now.

At lease I had a clue now. It had something to do with Preferences but I couldn't imagine what. All I did was toggle on "Use Mouse Wheel to Zoom IN & Out" & changed the scratch disk to a different drive. Those seemed harm less.

Back to Adobe & there someone recommended deleting the Preferences to reset them. Well, this worked until I set Preferences to "Use Mouse Wheel to Zoom IN & Out" & changed the scratch disk again!

Back to Adobe once more but this time I changed the search away from the new file upon PS start to the two things in I had changed in Preferences, "Use Mouse Wheel to Zoom IN & Out" & changed the scratch disk. This received some hits as some had issues with mouse drivers. Well, I did do a clean install of Windows 10 so I checked the mouse driver & found Windows had installed a driver from 2005. That seemed old as I recall installing driver & software when I purchased the mouse just a few years ago.

Well, this time I searched TenForums & found odd issues with Microsoft Intellimouse Optical mouse drivers when first installing Windows 10 at launch in 2015. A new driver that was issued back in 2011 (driver version 8.20.409.0) solved their issues. This solved my odd issue, too! Odd that Windows didn't install the newer driver. And very odd that a mismatched mouse driver would cause "toggling the mouse scroll to zoom" in Photoshop preferences would cause a new file to open automatically in Photoshop on startup, but it did!

That's it. Just a rant of sorts but just let everyone know there are solutions to be found if you look hard enough!

:)

GARoss, Jul 21, 2017
  2. tdehan Win User

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Jul 21, 2017
  3. Error while deleting registry keys

Hacking the registry to fix a problem is rarely a good idea and is in most cases not necessary. What error do you see with PhotoShop?

Frederik Long, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Just want to share how I fixed a odd Adobe Photoshop problem

Yes, strange things happen sometimes.

I've noticed that when I leave a piece of cheese on my desk the mouse moves toward it.
    I wonder whether that, too, can be fixed with a driver update? *Smile

margrave55, Jul 21, 2017
  5. GARoss Win User
    If the cheese disappears, try changing the driver. Worked for me! *Wink

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Just want to share how I fixed a odd Adobe Photoshop problem

1. Just want to share how I fixed a odd Adobe Photoshop problem - Similar Threads - share fixed odd

2. Network share odd problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network share odd problem?: Every time I try to copy a .ctd file directly onto my network share, the file gets completely emptied unless I zip it and then copy it into the share. Anyone have an idea why this could be and what I could do? submitted by /u/spiderbitch4003 [link] [comments]...
  3. Adobe Photoshop Elements install caused Office problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Photoshop Elements install caused Office problems: I installed Photoshop Elements 2021 on a new/clean 2004 install. Apparently the Adobe Creative Cloud caused MS Office (Microsoft 365) startup problems. I tried to start Word and kept getting an Office update window but no updates. It was hung up on the updates, would try then...
  4. Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10: I am running Windows 10 and Elements has pretty much quit working. For example: I want to magnify a section of an image to use the clone stamp tool. Elements doesn't even respond. Do I need to procure a new version of Photoshop? Bob Kukla...
  5. I want to install adobe photoshop but it gets error code:0x80070422

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to install adobe photoshop but it gets error code:0x80070422: I tried troubleshooting and is says that windows update is disabled so I went to control panel to set the startup type to automatic and I tried starting it but it just errors and gets back to disabled. I don’t really know the problem here but everytime i just set it to...
  6. Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop: Why are Adobe Photoshop or Creative Cloud apps not in the Microsoft store? In order to download photoshop I would have to switch out of S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-photoshop/91e72686-c622-4007-95de-b6f0a6136063
  7. Problems sharing a photo using ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2020 using email.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems sharing a photo using ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2020 using email.: Having purchased a new computer Windows 10 I am trying to share a photo Using Photoshop Elements 2020 and my only email account Microsoft Outlook . When I select "share" a MIcrosoft Windows banner appears with the message "HELLO KENNETH CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT" After...
  8. Adobe Photoshop CS5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Photoshop CS5: I use Photoshop CS5 and have had no problems previously. It was loaded on a laptop running Win10 however this failed and I purchased a new one. On trying to load CS5 the autoplay / autorun fails to start. Apparently this is due to a "Digital Signature" and "Windows Signed...
  9. Adobe Photoshop CS3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Photoshop CS3: Windows 7 support is coming to an end, so I bought a Dell with Windows 10 and downloaded my Adobe photoshop CS3 installation disc and it downloaded but it will not open. The message is "Adobe photoshop CS3 is not responding". Thanks, Mike...
  10. Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop: I'm having problems. Anything i do on PS, i get this: I thought edits were suppose to be "instant" instead of taking forever to do? I have an 8-core processor and 16GB of RAM. I should not be having this problem. [img] 114670