Windows 10: Just wondering re pricing

Discus and support Just wondering re pricing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am in the process of looking for a paid for OEM for 10 Pro as I want to keep my 7 Pro key and buying one of those is just as expensive according to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ICIT2LOL, Jul 15, 2016.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Just wondering re pricing

I am in the process of looking for a paid for OEM for 10 Pro as I want to keep my 7 Pro key and buying one of those is just as expensive according to my local dealer - $209 + p&p which is pretty good.

Now I am also thinking at the same time what sort of mark up these dealers make over what they but the software in for resale as soem EBay sellers for example (not that I would buy from them) are offering the key but no DVD for s little as $120. So in my mind making say even a 25% mark up on what sellers pay Microsoft for what exactly do Microsoft produce their software for??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jul 15, 2016
  2. clonmult Win User

iPhone v Smartphone - wotsay?

Was just wondering if the iPhone will be any where near as popular or iconic as the Moto Razr? I can see it being difficult, especially at current prices, but note that the Razr has dropped massively in price since its release.

clonmult, Jul 15, 2016
  3. bossrappy Win User
    about a cracked NOKIA C3-00 LCD

oh. im currently leaving in cebu,ph. just wondering what is the average price of it. does it price that much? i mean i only need to pay for the lcd right? plus the technician who installed it. like i said only need an average price for it. im only a student,
    dont have a work Just wondering re pricing :(

bossrappy, Jul 15, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It probably depends upon how many OEM licenses they purchase at one time, but I don't know for sure. It violates Microsoft licensing agreement to use OEM system builders licenses for personal use on computers that you are not building to sell (except for Windows 8.0).

NavyLCDR, Jul 15, 2016
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Navy mate now the dearest one I quoted was from one of my usual suppliers of parts etc and I have in the past bought in excess of 8 OEM's for 7 all were in the Microsoft packaging so I have no qualms with them and I guess they are heavily discounting the price to shift more.
    The ones from EBay for example are sometimes quoting as having 3 available which I find suspect because if one was a genuine dealer of computer parts like my supplier you would expect them to buy from Microsoft in lots of more than say 50 and to discount to $120 means someone somewhere ie Microsoft are making some serious money at $299 direct from them.
    I am also curious just how those people come by those few paltry keys as I cannot imagine for one moment Microsoft selling a few keys like that in the first instance and then the buyer selling them on again and make a profit. To me it would mean Microsoft would be selling keys at rock bottom prices to anyone, and leaves me wondering what would they say if I approached them and said can I buy five keys please - cannot imagine they would sell them than less than they would otherwise.*sarc

ICIT2LOL, Jul 15, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Not every business is honest.

NavyLCDR, Jul 15, 2016
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes agree Navy I just find it incredible that licences can be got in that way. You would think Microsoft would be suspicious of any dealer/seller who didn't buy more than say 50 keys. The only way I think these characters who but licences must have some really odd arrangement because if I were to buy the licencee I just have - I would have to sell it on as unused for at least a 25% mark up - which means that the $222 OEM I paid for it I would have to price it for $278 because it wouldn't be worth my while doing it and why would I for $55??

ICIT2LOL, Jul 16, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

I am sure wholesale oem licences for a system builder are much cheaper than we as public can buy them.

cereberus, Jul 16, 2016
  9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes I agree cerebus it is the odd few that have say 10 for sale or as low as 4 - I just wonder where they get them from. For the big boys like for example Toshiba I can see they would have to buy in bulk as it were.
    Now if what you say about system builders like myself I would have to pay full price from Microsoft or get a discounted one from a trusted dealer for a dedicated build that I am doing - or is it that I can buy as little as five licences for around $75 a pop and then sell them on in EBay at a great profit. You see most of the EBay sellers I have looked at are selling the key only and just referring the buyer to the Microsoft site for the download (no DVD). Buying licences seems to be very convoluted business in that there are so many forms it seems one can buy the licences from.
    The only simplistic way of selling cheap licences to me would be if one owned a business that made computers go bust and then sell off the stock of licences.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Just wondering re pricing - Similar Threads - wondering pricing

2. Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff880fe2d50010Parameter 2: fffff80245678680Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 680OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack:...
  3. Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi i just had this error code on my reliability history just wondering what might if caused...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff880fe2d50010Parameter 2: fffff80245678680Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 680OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack:...
  4. my pc keeps on resetting and i’m wondering how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps on resetting and i’m wondering how to fix it: hi my pc just keeps on turning off and on over and over again it comes up with gigabyte and a loading sign then switches off repeatedly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-on-resetting-and-im-wondering-how-to/c45f7498-6848-403f-b878-343f8fe6256d
  5. my pc keeps on resetting and i’m wondering how to fix it

my pc keeps on resetting and i’m wondering how to fix it: hi my pc just keeps on turning off and on over and over again it comes up with gigabyte and a loading sign then switches off repeatedly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-on-resetting-and-im-wondering-how-to/c45f7498-6848-403f-b878-343f8fe6256d
  6. my pc keeps on resetting and i’m wondering how to fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  8. Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10

Im wondering if the files on my onedrive file will be lost if i downgrade from windows 11 to 10: I want to downgrade to windows 10 from 11 but you lose all your data so i was wondering if you log into your onedrive after downgrading, will it bring the files from windows 11 that i saved to my onedrive cloud, to 10?...
  9. Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks: Hello, I bought a new PC in 2021. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz Installed RAM: 24.0 GB 23.8 GB usable initially it was 8 GB but I installed an extra 16 GB I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I think Windows 11 is great but I'm just curious...
  10. Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks

Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks: Hello, I bought a new PC in 2021. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz Installed RAM: 24.0 GB 23.8 GB usable initially it was 8 GB but I installed an extra 16 GB I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I think Windows 11 is great but I'm just curious...